• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Christmas gift to you liberals

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mp.freelance

Reaction score
Even though you all deserve nothing but coal in your stockings, here's something Dis, R2, and kolanuraven can enjoy. (I'm sure stevec will just come up with some cock-a-mamey theory about it, but he can watch too.)

This is just hilarious, so I had to post it. Check out the "year end roundup."

http://www.jibjab.com/Home.aspx

Now...m.p. that was mean to say to us! We've made things interesting for you...your internet now has a bit more spice in it due to us....

I myself...can't speak for the others wish you and the other posters here a wonderful holiday season with your family & friends and I look forward to more postings to you and from you.

Have a safe and warm holiday time!

K.raven

kolanuraven said:
Now...m.p. that was mean to say to us! We've made things interesting for you...your internet now has a bit more spice in it due to us....

I myself...can't speak for the others wish you and the other posters here a wonderful holiday season with your family & friends and I look forward to more postings to you and from you.

Have a safe and warm holiday time!

K.raven

Indeed. Merry Christmas to you too.

mp.freelance said:
Even though you all deserve nothing but coal in your stockings, here's something Dis, R2, and kolanuraven can enjoy. (I'm sure stevec will just come up with some cock-a-mamey theory about it, but he can watch too.)

This is just hilarious, so I had to post it. Check out the "year end roundup."

http://www.jibjab.com/Home.aspx

:lol: Funny. But I have to admit that you've caught me short handed. I don't have a present to respond with. But I'll keep looking.

reader (the Second) said:
I don't think I'm in the same class as Dis and SteveC. I believe in the U.S. as a unique nation of ethnic tolerance, democracy, and religioius freedom and occasionally I show my patriotism here by responding to some of the anti-U.S. rhetoric (well zenophobic, racism, sexism, anti-democracy, and pro-theocracy rhetoric to be exact).

I'm hardly a political person. I just believe in our values strongly and it hurts me to see families invaded by the government during their deepest suffering, to see blatant manipulation of religion in order to pander to voters.

GW is changing his tune suddenly because the Republican Party is returning to its roots -- fiscal conservativism and anti-big government versus the neocon and far religious right that Bush and his VEEP and others in the inner circle dragged the Republican Party into. It was major loss at the voting booths next year otherwise. It may still be too late. There are so many Republicans I admire that I feel sympathy for them.

By the way, I am a religious person myself but that doesn't mean I reject separation of church and state. Pushing your religion down the throat of the rest of the country is a kneejerk approach instead of being a good and moral person which shows true merit and faith and sets a model. Lip service to religion on the other hand is seen through. Voters aren't that dumb.

Well, I hope real conservatives don't disappoint in 2008. Although I'm reluctant to trash-talk the GOP (mostly because Dis would like that), I sure hope the next REPUBLICAN we have in office will be a bit more competent (like McCain). Bush's intentions are good, but his execution(and the fiscal deficit, his immigration policy) have caused me wonder. I'd still vote for him over Kerry, though.

but they don't question why their are so many poor parents.

you seem to find a need to "whine about the plight of the poor", yet bemoan some one like Bill Gates who has employed and improved the lives of many,,,

yet I fail to see one life you have claimed to have improved, how many poor have you employed, and lifted up so they are no longer poor?

it is easy to complian that others are oppressing, yet you yourself claim to be poor, thus your failure is causeing others to fail, while Gates success is causeing others to succeed.......

To All a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!!!

GW is changing his tune suddenly because the Republican Party is returning to its roots -- fiscal conservativism and anti-big government versus the neocon and far religious right that Bush and his VEEP and others in the inner circle dragged the Republican Party into. It was major loss at the voting booths next year otherwise. It may still be too late. There are so many Republicans I admire that I feel sympathy for them.

By the way, I am a religious person myself but that doesn't mean I reject separation of church and state. Pushing your religion down the throat of the rest of the country is a kneejerk approach instead of being a good and moral person which shows true merit and faith and sets a model. Lip service to religion on the other hand is seen through. Voters aren't that dumb.
I would like to challenge you on a couple of statements. You say that it is Bush that has dragged the Republican party toward far religious right views. How? What has he done to move the party toward a more Christian party? (I am assuming you are talking about a Christian religious view)
Secondly , please expound on what you mean by the separation of church and state thought and the idea of shoving religion down the throats of others. You seem in your post to tie those two together.

Since I said I am poor, you take comfort in thinking I am poor because it is me that is at fault.

I guess it is someone else's fault you are poor?

by your answer I see you again failed to see my point,

Bill gates is doing something about poverty other then whining,,,,,,he is employing thousands. ..he is educating thousands....he is uplifing poor so they can be "not" poor,

feeding people and keeping then poor is not helping them get "not"poor.

continue to blame others, see how "not" poor it gets you.........
it sure didn't help those get better off in our nations capital model of how the liberal goverment planned it all.....

The District of Columbia trumps them all, though, with a full 29.6 percent of its child population living below the poverty line.

We could feed thousands today, tomorrrow if I do nothing to make them better off they will still be hungry.......Keeping them poor does no good, making people self sufficiant makes them better off so they can be better citizens....

The Original

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"—Author unknown

The Improvements

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you will not have to listen to his incessant whining about how hungry he is."—Author unknown

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you can sell him fishing equipment."—Author unknown

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks."—Author unknown

"Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Unless he doesn't like sushi—then you also have to teach him to cook."—Auren Hoffman, Herald Philosopher

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day."—OldFox

"Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to sell fish and he eats steak."—Author unknown

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Red Robin. I'll be on the beach in Hawaii and all this will be behind me.

I have no need to put myself out on the chopping block to have you chop off my head for my views. We've had this discussion before and you know my views. I believe in good deeds, not sanctimonious utterances and certainly not hypocritical pandering for the sake of votes. Watch your president abandon the religious right now that the GOP has put its foot down.

The question is what you believe in -- the Jeffersonian democracy or a theocracy? Religion, faith, end of life decisions and a person's sexual orientation all belong within the family and are not the business of the state.

As I said, I am personally a religious person but I don't push my religion on others, nor do I judge people as long as they lead good lives of their choice and don't hurt others or themselves.
Just wanted everyone to know you couldn't back up your statements. Have a good trip . Go by and see the Parker ranch while you are there. Merry Christmas

I forgot mp.freelance who's a bit right of the middle. So three centrists and a bunch of ideologues.

isn't that sort of Judgemental?

religion should not "be in charge of this country" but the leftist liberals should not be in charge of religion..

When a single person can state and win in court that No other person may say the pledge of allegance is he not "forcing his religion down all others throats"????

just as many say change your channel, when what they are watching displeases them,,,, and put up a display of thier freedom of speech during a rally, or protest no matter how much it displeases US,,,,or the National endowment of the Arts funds some "crap" that denigrats religion.....Is it not forcing thier religion on down our throats????

If NPR or Public television shows a documentary funded by US and offensive to US,

Why can't they show a Christmas Story for US?

If you can protest in a public park and burn my Flag,,,

Why can't I display a nativity in the same Park?

If the National endowment for the Arts funds a offensive display at a public building,

Why can't we display the Ten commandments in the same building?

Christians should be able to freely profess our religion.....Just as our Founders wanted.........

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Steve,

We're not that far apart on some of these issues. I don't object to Christmas carols or Christmas trees in public places or even in public schools. And I agree that if there are programs on other faiths and ethnic groups on public television, it is hypocrisy not to give equal time to Christmas. R2

Even while we are in agreement that Christians should have the same rights as a few out spoken activists do, you choose to ridicule those who defend thier rights....

As you called US,
a bunch of ideologues.

I had a little trouble with the word, as it's meaning and root have been confused over the centuries...and misused....

The word "ideology" was coined long before the Russians coined "intelligentsia", or before the adjective "intellectual" referred to a sort of person (a substantive). Thus these words were not around when the hard-headed, driven Napoleon Bonaparte took the word "ideologues" to ridicule his intellectual opponents.

Seems to be used in the same context today.....

Every society has an ideology that forms the basis of the "public opinion" or common sense, a basis that usually remains invisible to most people within the society. This dominant ideology appears as "neutral", while all others that differ from the norm are often seen as radical, no matter what the actual vision may be.

As the Christian belief is by and far the largest in this country it would be the "public opinion" and those who wished to suppress it would be the extremes, thus you by wishing to oppress Christianity would not be a centrist, but an extreme ideology.....

So in fact........

When you say you dislike ideological thinking, you are really attacking ideologies that disagree with your own.

How is that for thought provoking discussion, or spirited debate?

Merry Christmas......and a Happy New year......

Hey, I wasn't just calling the "right" ideologues. The point was that some of you have predictable and seemingly inflexible views. Which makes debates here boring compared to some of the other forums. And that with some of the personal attacks has driven people away from this forum. I stay because I believe in debate and discussion and I am more optimistic than I admitted in thinking that compromise is possible.

I've had some good debates with a few here, you and mp.freelance being among them. With others I would say all communication attempts have failed.
You have been a wonderful communicator Reader. You have communicated to me that you are a 60's liberal that believes no one should have a clue about what they think (other than you) . You believe religion is ok if it isn't followed by any certain actions. You believe government is the savior of mankind and government was in Mary's cradle. You believe odd and immoral behavior is normal but that wanting to give life to babies.....you think is wrong. Yes R2 you have communicated to me very precisely but what you believe in...I am against .

Well spoken Red Robin, you've muddled all my views and made clear that your own thinking is odd to say the least.
I would certainly hope I seem odd to you.

As I have said many times, I am fairly moderate and more conservative than many congresspeople. You on the other hand appear to be way out there on the fringe.
What you claim to be is unimportant. You are a flaming liberal . Yes as far as conservatism is concerned I am fringe. Proud of it.
Let's see, I raised two fine kids and was married for 31 years -- to a man by the way and that makes me a dangerous and immoral person HOW??
:D Dangerous?? You are kidding , right? You are about as dangerous to the politics of this country as a 56 Buick would be to the auto industry. Your liberal ideas are old and tired. They failed in the 60's but ya'll just won't admit it. I think you supporting gay rights and insuinating that the founding fathers would be for that explains the immoral part.
Not to mention paying at least my share of taxes, giving to charity, and working on behalf of National Security.
Yes, you have told us you are wealthy, well traveled and have entertained royalty...so what. Your ideas are still wrong.
Glad you are such a GREAT judge of people and so upright.
Trying once again to make me look evil and judgemental for having opinions... ?

Red Robin.....but you're not needing R2's help here in making yourself look evil and judgemental!

My theory was correct: when I posted this cartoon, I said stevec would somehow turn the thread into one of his wild-eyed rants, and I was not mistaken. Stevec, you should watch the way you talk about the founding fathers being fascists (among other baseless claims) because it gives everybody the impression that you've lost your bearings on reality. I don't think you have much of a future in politics, and quite frankly you should seek some professional help. I don't mean to be rude, but you give off the vibe of being mentally unstable.

Latest posts