• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Chuck Hagel

Help Support Ranchers.net:

wdcook

Reaction score
One of the things I try to do when involved in a group or organization is to determine where the authority lies, whether it be in a President, Chairman or Executive Committee, and either defer to that authority, seek to become a part of that authority in order to affect decision making, or decline to be a part of the group.

I am a tepid supporter of the war in Iraq. I will admit I don't know what we should do there, but our Commander in Chief has made a decision and I believe we should give him a chance to make it work.

If Hagel really believes it is a disastrous decision, he should have the strength of his convictions and either seek to impeach the President, or at least seek to cut off funding for the extra troops. Otherwise SHUT UP.

I have absolutely no respect for Chuck Hagel.

how long did he live in Nebraska before being elected??

I was under the impression he walked in and BOUGHT the election...

I have lost a lot of respect for him.....

Nobody here knew who he was until he ran. He had been living on the East Coast for years. I'm no big Hagel fan myself, but he has been consitant on his opposition to the war. He didn't think we should of went in in the first place.

I read in the paper that Chuck Hagel has voted 95% in favor of bills Bush has supported but the warhawks will label him a RINO because he, as a Vietnam vet doesn't support the current fiasco in Iraq. Many of you preach conservatitism, well Chuck Hagel is a true conservative who wants to stop the needless spending of money and more importantly the lives of US service men and women.

I read in the paper that Chuck Hagel has voted 95% in favor of bills Bush

after reading the post I looked up his voting record....and other then the war he has voted pretty much with Bush.

BUT, I believe his record on this bill was also in agreement with Bush a issue I am totally against:
5/25/06 Vote 157: S 2611: Would tighten border security and establish guest worker and "path to citizenship" programs voted Yes
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/h001028/key-votes/

But, he is Much better then My represenatives.....(would you like to trade?)

on his Iraq war vote:
Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress,...Members of the Senate who voted for:,...Chuck Hagel (R-NE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

Steve said:
I read in the paper that Chuck Hagel has voted 95% in favor of bills Bush

on his Iraq war vote:
Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress,...Members of the Senate who voted for:,...Chuck Hagel (R-NE)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

This vote was cast due to faulty intelligence presented by the Neocons. If we could go back in time this resolution would be soundly defeated and you know that.

while we are going back in time, get JFK a bullet proof car, take out Osama BEFORE he became an ass, get Hitler out, and carve off a hunk of Germany....call it Israel (this would save us trouble now!) and grab an infant Bill Clinton....stuff him in an old boot, and throw him as far as you can.

and tell my dad to invest in google and yahoo!!!

This vote was cast due to faulty intelligence presented by the Neocons. If we could go back in time this resolution would be soundly defeated and you know that.

sound arguement.....get a time machine....change all liberal votes, so we believe they actually know something....
.I would hate to admit that as a Senator I made such uninformed votes as these fools claim they did....

And without pulling "quotes" from every leading Democrat, and showing thier ties to the intelligence community, rehashing the fact that almost every politician voted based on past knowledge and Saddam's sabor rattling,.. and data gleamed while President Clinton was in charge....

moving forward...I do not agree with Hagel's tactic.....or his view on immigration.....but I do agree more with him then I do either one of my representatives...

Steve said:

sound arguement.....get a time machine....change all liberal votes, so we believe they actually know something....
.I would hate to admit that as a Senator I made such uninformed votes as these fools claim they did....

And without pulling "quotes" from every leading Democrat, and showing thier ties to the intelligence community, rehashing the fact that almost every politician voted based on past knowledge and Saddam's sabor rattling,.. and data gleamed while President Clinton was in charge....

moving forward...I do not agree with Hagel's tactic.....or his view on immigration.....but I do agree more with him then I do either one of my representatives...

I'm not real proud about his trade votes, either.

Steve said:
If we could go back in time this resolution would be soundly defeated and you know that.

I sure wish it was that easy.

I agree with you there. However at this juncture sending 150,000 additional troops for a shorter period seems more logical than sending 20,000 more for god knows how long. Securing the borders from jihadists missionaries and letting THEM fight it out seems about as good an option as i've heard.

Sandhusker said:
Steve said:

I'm not real proud about his trade votes, either.

I don't agree with Hagel's record on FTA's at all.

WHSH
I agree with you there. However at this juncture sending 150,000 additional troops for a shorter period seems more logical than sending 20,000 more for god knows how long.

I am a supporter of the Powell doctrine.....Overwhelming Number of troops.....so yes sending 150,000 highly trained troops would be a better answer.

A by separating the provinces from the Iraqi Fed government, long enough for the political process to take hold locally would help also.

as for Hagel it seems as his votes would come back to haunt him in an 08 presidential bid....and adding his only answer for the Iraq war is the same as most democrats......well we all saw the result in November,..when republicans tried to look liberal,..they were thrown out...

Steve said:
WHSH
I agree with you there. However at this juncture sending 150,000 additional troops for a shorter period seems more logical than sending 20,000 more for god knows how long.

I am a supporter of the Powell doctrine.....Overwhelming Number of troops.....so yes sending 150,000 highly trained troops would be a better answer.

A by separating the provinces from the Iraqi Fed government, long enough for the political process to take hold locally would help also.

as for Hagel it seems as his votes would come back to haunt him in an 08 presidential bid....and adding his only answer for the Iraq war is the same as most democrats......well we all saw the result in November,..when republicans tried to look liberal,..they were thrown out...

Well Steve, as a former rancher I would like your opinion on the FTA's.

Latest posts