• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Church

Help Support Ranchers.net:

balestabber

Reaction score
as i have visited several of the smaller local churches here in the ozarks,
i attended my First "cowboy church" recently. and i was very impressed.

it's called 'Crooked Creek Cowboy Church" in Harrison ,arkansas and it is held in their local livestock sale barn.i was so impressed ,this poem came to me.....

come as you are---to cowboy church at crooked creek
to sing ,praise and worship---as the Lord we seek
we talk about horses,rope'n and Jesus---with Christian fellowship and fun
you can visit our new arena---and soak up some sun

we meet at Harrison---on hiway sixty five
at the cow palace---to show that Jesus is still alive
guitars and music---movies and more
with plenty of food---thru our "meet and greet" door

hear a good message---from pastor Tim Cooper
a cowboy preacher---will be short ,but super
and Mr. Hunt---who leads the song
Cowboy Church is fun---and never takes to long

we meet every Monday night---at seven o'clock
bring a Bible---and get ready to rock
CCCC is the place to be---so come as you are
where you don't have to be a cowboy---and Jesus is never to far!!!

Seems most of them around here flourish for awhile then there's a disagreement about something and they split down the middle and then you have two more churches that can't even get along with each other or the whole thing then just dies. Nothing new under the sun. 30,000 denominations and growing.

TexasBred said:
Seems most of them around here flourish for awhile then there's a disagreement about something and they split down the middle and then you have two more churches that can't even get along with each other or the whole thing then just dies. Nothing new under the sun. 30,000 denominations and growing.

This reminds me of the ship-wrecked sailor who was stranded in solitude on a small island for several years before being found. When the rescuers arrived, they looked at three little huts that the man had built. They asked him the purpose of each. He rather embarrassingly replied, "One is the house I live in, one is the church I attend, and the other is the church I used to attend." :roll: :)

Latest posts