• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clinton calls Blair’s government.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
Clinton calls Blair's government the 'envy' of the United States
(AP)

28 March 2006

LONDON - Former U.S. President Bill Clinton said on Tuesday that Britain's economy, environmental policy and attempts at modernization were envied in the United States, where comparable policies under President George W. Bush were lacking.

Speaking to a packed audience at London's Guildhall, Clinton specifically responded to criticisms that British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his Labour party were "long in the tooth," or past their prime.

"If you live where I live and you look across the Atlantic, it does not look that way," he said.

Clinton's 45-minute speech on progressive politics and globalization, organized by the Smith Institute, a Labour-leaning political think tank, touched on a wide array of topics, including the war in Iraq, job outsourcing, the threat of communicable diseases and even the Danish cartoons that infuriated much of the Muslim world earlier this year.

The 59-year-old former U.S. president, who was introduced by British Treasury chief Gordon Brown, also emphasized the potential impact of global warming, saying that, if unchecked, it threatens to destabilize the global economy.

"This is both the greatest threat and the greatest opportunity of our lifetime, and we're not acting like it is," Clinton said.

Clinton briefly spoke about the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq during a question-and-answer session, calling it a delicate issue that, if handled incorrectly, could create a "launching pad" for terrorist regimes in the Middle East.

About 50 picketers from Britain's largest trade unions stood outside the Guildhall during Clinton's speech to protest government plans to scrap a key pension rule allowing public sector workers to retire and collect their pension at age 60.

. .
I'd like to know where he came up with the "envied in the United States" information. Maybe it is by him? Is there another one of those :eek: "POLLS" out there I missed?

He thinks "global warming" is the greatest threat we face? OK billie you, gore and the dems go save the earth from global warming, don't worry about the REAL LIFE THREAT we face in the world today.

Is it just me or has this man and his party really went off the deep end since George W. Bush has been in office?

Bill, would like to be the UN President so anything he says or does will certainly be in his favor. He's all about the George Bush Sr.'s "New World Order" where we all suffer under one Ruler of all, one currency, one religion, one language.....one common set of Laws

A statement made by Aristotle
"One Ruler, one King!"

Like Rome .... a one world power and they fell because of the mongel and their dictatorship rules, similar to what the lobbiest do in DC.

:wink:

Latest posts