• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Clinton's Ex-Friends

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable said:
Jinglebob said:
Dis seems to be like most liberals in that they want all of the freedoms they enjoy, but damn sure don't want to pay the price! Cowards, each and every one! :mad:

And why aren't you in Iraq?
Jinglebob is only here in the United States because the Marines don't have a calvary! :wink: I have a cousin Dis that retired from the marines after 20 something years. He went to mortician school, got a job in civilian life paying good money. The Marines contacted him I think and offered him the chance to rejoin. He quit his job and went back in as a mortician for the military. He felt like he owed it to his country and the marines , both of which had provided him with all the benefits the world had to offer.
BTW he is impressed with the commanders of the Iraq army. He says they are genuine in their love for their country and have a great desire to fight the insurgents. He says they are going to make a democracy out of it with our help.

X said:
Disagreeable said:
Which had nothing to do with invading Iraq. So what's your point?
It has everything to do with invading Iraq, and all of the other radical Islamic countries on Rumsfeld's hit list. Take it to them before they bring it to us.

You're so uninformed it's ridiculous. Saddam did not run an Islamic government. That's plain and simple truth. He ran a secular government where, for example, women were allowed to go to school and work. The new Constitiution in Iraq makes those rights questionable.

Of course, you pacifist wimps will never understand that. You'd much rather cower in anticipation with your hands over your ears and your head under the covers. Wimps.

I'm not a pacifist. I'm only against this particluar war because it was unnecessary. You want to support a man who lied to the American people to get us into this quagmire that's cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars, go ahead. A war that is damaging our Army to the point that some Congressmen are saying it's "broken." An Army that wasn't able to meet it's recruiting goals for the first time in years because of the war. An Army that will spend over a $billion to try to rebuild itself over the next few years. If our military came home tomorrow, it would be years and $billions to get it back to strength! Do you not think our enemies know how weak we are right now, militarily?

BTW, calling names only shows that you have no facts to back up your hot air. :D

Disagreeable said:
BTW, calling names only shows that you have no facts to back up your hot air. :D
:shock: Who the hell said that? Surely not you? Talk about a name-calling wimp. :lol2:

Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:
Jinglebob said:
Dis seems to be like most liberals in that they want all of the freedoms they enjoy, but damn sure don't want to pay the price! Cowards, each and every one! :mad:

Jinglebob is only here in the United States because the Marines don't have a calvary! :wink:

Jinglebob can answer for himself. I'm waiting to hear that.

I have a cousin Dis that retired from the marines after 20 something years. He went to mortician school, got a job in civilian life paying good money. The Marines contacted him I think and offered him the chance to rejoin. He quit his job and went back in as a mortician for the military. He felt like he owed it to his country and the marines , both of which had provided him with all the benefits the world had to offer.
BTW he is impressed with the commanders of the Iraq army. He says they are genuine in their love for their country and have a great desire to fight the insurgents. He says they are going to make a democracy out of it with our help.

Good for your cousin. Does the fact that the Marines had to ask for him to join back up tell you anything about how bad our military situation is right now? We had a wonderful military. Bush and Rumsfeld have misused and abused it badly. Our troops deserve better than they're getting from those two.

His contact with the Iraqi army is quite different than a lot of what I see on the 'net and in the news. It's apparently not widespread since the Iraqi government is making a push to try to get officers from Saddam's army to come back. It's well known that the Army and police in Iraq have been heavily inflitrated by the insurgents. Building an effective Army isn't just teaching men how to march and shoot guns. I've read it will take 25 years to get a strong Army in Iraq. I don't believe Americans are willing to spend $billions every year for 25 years. It was two years after the Americans left S Vietnam before N Vietnam swept through the country and made mincemeat out of the S Vietnam Army that the US had trained and proclaimed ready to defend their country. Of course, there's no real "organized" opposition to the Iraqi Amry now, just disorganized insurgents. When we pull out, many of them will be willing to negotiate with whatever sort of "government" is running Iraq (assuming there is an Iraq.)

The fact that a few thousand insurgents can bring the US military to it's knees is not lost on our enemies in the world. You can thank George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld for putting us in this position.

And you didn't answer my question: why is it OK for George W. Bush to use a dead soldier's name and personal letter to justify the deaths of other young Americans and not for me to use the names of the dead to stop the dying?

Nope.......

Disagreeable said:
You want to support a man who lied to the American people to get us into this quagmire that's cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars, go ahead.
Thank you! I proudly support this President. This Commander-in-Chief. Do you have evidence that the President actually lied? In other words, evidence that he told people something that he knew wasn't true? Because that's what a liar is. Let's hear your evidence instead of your name-calling. You continue to call President Bush a liar.......

Disagreeable said:

Does that mean that you don't have any facts to back up your hot air? :D

Disagreeable said:
His contact with the Iraqi army is quite different than a lot of what I see on the 'net and in the news.
That should tell a smart man (or woman) something. Either I am telling a lie, my cousin is telling a lie, or the liberal news media which you put so much faith in , which is a known liar, is telling a lie. My cousin gave an account of a incident where a couple commanders had to come in and identify a deceased soldier of theirs. They (if I remember correctly) told him in a somber fashion how much they appreciated the price the United States was paying and how they appreciated the work he had done on their soldier. They were in a rush to get back to their troops which were in a hot spot. It doesn't sound like something I have heard you recite which you pulled off CNN or something CBS reported. It sounds much more believable. Of course my cousin has so much to gain by telling these lies to his wife and she has so much to gain by telling me that there is the possibility that the money pressure made them distort this news.

Disagreeable said:
Jinglebob said:

They won't take old fat men. I had a son there and I have a niece there, two nephews are waiting to return.

How about you big talker?

Why don't you run for President, as you seem to have so much knowledge on so many subjects?

Appeasment didn't work with terrorist for the last 20 some years. Sometimes you've got to fight. And sometimes when you fight, some die. Ask them WWII vet about it or the people who worked at home to SUPPORT those vets while they were off in both directions of the world, making it safe for whining, bitchers who never seem to appreciate anything those people did for them.

If we had done things your way during that time period, you would be speaking German or Japanese now!

Jinglebob said:
Disagreeable said:
Jinglebob said:

They won't take old fat men. I had a son there and I have a niece there, two nephews are waiting to return.

The Army raised the age for recruits. So maybe you're not too old. Call your local recruiter and ask. As for being fat, they can take care of that, too. So what more excuses can you come up with? Or are you just going to be like mp and set on the sidelines and cheer while others fight and die?

What about me? I've put my position out for everyone to see. I think this war is wrong. Even though I'm too old to join a military service, I'd for sure take up arms if this country was invaded by a foreign country. Gee, just like some of the insurgents have done! Amazing, isn't it? That someone would resent having their country invaded for no reason at all.

Why don't you run for President, as you seem to have so much knowledge on so many subjects?

Why would I want to be Pesident? You're showing your ignorance again. I don't discuss much on this board other than the war in Iraq. So you're just blowing more hot air and making a bigger fool of yourself. :lol:

Appeasment didn't work with terrorist for the last 20 some years. Sometimes you've got to fight. And sometimes when you fight, some die. Ask them WWII vet about it or the people who worked at home to SUPPORT those vets while they were off in both directions of the world, making it safe for whining, bitchers who never seem to appreciate anything those people did for them.

If we had done things your way during that time period, you would be speaking German or Japanese now!

Tell me where the US appeased the terrorists in Iraq? We entered WWII because we were attacked. We went to war in Afghanistan because that's where the attack on us was planned and staged. Why did we go to war with Iraq? I'll be watching for this answer.

X said:
Nope.......

Disagreeable said:
You want to support a man who lied to the American people to get us into this quagmire that's cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars, go ahead.
Thank you! I proudly support this President. This Commander-in-Chief. Do you have evidence that the President actually lied? In other words, evidence that he told people something that he knew wasn't true? Because that's what a liar is. Let's hear your evidence instead of your name-calling. You continue to call President Bush a liar.......

Yep, and I've posted them. He used information from a German source called "Curveball" even though the Germans told him the information was unreliable. He used the "uranimum from Niger" in his State of the Union speech even though our intelligence agencies had told him it wasn't reliable. He used information from a prisoner that the Saddam was involved with terrorists even though the CIA had said they believed the prisoner was telling them what they wanted to hear, not the truth. No, I'm not going out again and look for the reports, but they're online if you're really interested in finding them.

Disagreeable said:

Does that mean that you don't have any facts to back up your hot air? :D

I have facts. :lol:

Bottom Line....if Old Man Bush...aka George the First....had gone in and done the job right the FIRST time...none of us would be having this round-about.

All this is really the old man's fault....and it left Jr. to get even!!

Disagreeable said:
Jinglebob said:
Disagreeable said:

The Army raised the age for recruits. So maybe you're not too old. Call your local recruiter and ask. As for being fat, they can take care of that, too. So what more excuses can you come up with? Or are you just going to be like mp and set on the sidelines and cheer while others fight and die?

I'VER CHECKED, TOO OLD, TOO FAT!

What about me? I've put my position out for everyone to see. I think this war is wrong. Even though I'm too old to join a military service, I'd for sure take up arms if this country was invaded by a foreign country. Gee, just like some of the insurgents have done! Amazing, isn't it? That someone would resent having their country invaded for no reason at all.

SO WHAT DID YOU DO AFTER THEY ATTACKED US ON 911?

Why would I want to be Pesident? You're showing your ignorance again. I don't discuss much on this board other than the war in Iraq. So you're just blowing more hot air and making a bigger fool of yourself. :lol:

NOT HOT AIR, OPINONS. FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN HAVE ASSURED THAT YOU AND I CAN DO THIS FREELY IN THIS COUNTRY. MY POINT ABOUT YOU RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT WAS THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, SO YOU WOULD UNDOUBTEDLY BE A GREAT PRESIDENT. MAYBE YOU COULD GET SA JOB AS AN ADVISER TO THE PRESIDENT. I'M SURE HE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR IDEAS.

Tell me where the US appeased the terrorists in Iraq? We entered WWII because we were attacked. We went to war in Afghanistan because that's where the attack on us was planned and staged. Why did we go to war with Iraq? I'll be watching for this answer.

WE DIDN'T APPEASE THE TERRORISTS IN IRAQ. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT. WE FINALLY STOOD UP FOR WHAT WE BELIEVED IN. MAYBE IRAQ WASN'T THE BEST PLACE TO START, (THO' WE ORIGINALLY WENT TO AFGAHNISTAN) BUT WHEN YOU DECIDE TO CLEAN UP A MESS, YOU'VE GOT TO SATART SOMEWHERE. WHERE WOULD YOU HAVE STARTED AND WHY?

kolanuraven said:
Bottom Line....if Old Man Bush...aka George the First....had gone in and done the job right the FIRST time...none of us would be having this round-about.

All this is really the old man's fault....and it left Jr. to get even!!

Don't blame it all on George the 1st. Confgress wouldn't allow us to do any more than run Iraq out of Kwait.

Disagreeable said:

Germany did not ayttack us, Japan did. Maybe you need to go back and read your history. "Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it."

Ask the Phillipino's how it worked to appease japan. Or any other greater power who is trying to terrorize any smaller power. Did you ever have to deal with a bully? You can only run for so long and then you fight or die! Better to pick your ground and time to fight on then theirs.

Disagreeable said:
Or are you just going to be like mp and set on the sidelines and cheer while others fight and die?

I'm always amazed at how many times you can repeat yourself, Dis. You'd think you could have come up with a better line than that over the past few months, but apparently "cheering on the sidelines" is the best your pea brain can deliver.

jinglebells said:
WE DIDN'T APPEASE THE TERRORISTS IN IRAQ.

There weren't terrorists in Iraq. That's a fact. In spite of Cal and Steve's claims, they haven't shown any proof that terrorists were training and living in Iraq. Steve has given us some unsubstantiated reports of terrorist training in the Kurdish region of Iraq. The Kurdish region of Iraq was not under Saddam's control. It was protected by the "no fly zone" which was enforced by the US and others. Satellite imaging shows one possible terrorist training camp in that region of the country before the invasion of Iraq. Bush knew there weren't terrorists training in Iraq.

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT. WE FINALLY STOOD UP FOR WHAT WE BELIEVED IN.

That's a joke, right? We were attacked (remember Pearl Harbor?) That's why we into Afghanistan, not because we "finally stood up for what we believe.." And Bush used this terrible attack and loss of American life on 9-11 as an excuse to attack Iraq, even though he knew Saddam was not involved. That may be ok with you; it's not with me.

MAYBE IRAQ WASN'T THE BEST PLACE TO START, (THO' WE ORIGINALLY WENT TO AFGAHNISTAN) BUT WHEN YOU DECIDE TO CLEAN UP A MESS, YOU'VE GOT TO SATART SOMEWHERE. WHERE WOULD YOU HAVE STARTED AND WHY?

Hey, you're finally seeing some light. Iraq had nothing to do with the attack on this country. Period. End. There were no WMDs for Saddam to give to the terrorists. The Iraqi people didn't meet us with flowers and open arms. They can't pay for their own reconstruction and we're spending over $billion every week in Iraq. Reconstruction has come practically to a halt because the insurgents tear up everything we rebuild! Halliburton and other government contractors are getting rich doing shoddy work and overcharging us. The Iraqi "Army" is running secret prison camps where they torture and starve other Iraqis, just like Saddam did. The Vice President of Iraq has said (I posted a link) that the Iraqi Army today is no better than Saddam's Army in that they are using their power to settle old scores and make things better for their particular religious group. Except today your tax dollars are supporting the murder, starvation, and torture of Iraqi civilians.

So you can keep yelling all you want; it won't change the facts and the facts don't support the justification for this war in Iraq. But Bush is finally seeing the light, too. Even though he's still proclaiming we'll stay "until the Iraqis step up" the truth is that we're coming out of there. And once we start coming out.....

Jinglebob said:
Disagreeable said:

Germany did not ayttack us, Japan did. Maybe you need to go back and read your history. "Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it."

Germany declared war on us after we declared war on Japan after they attacked us. Are you truly so ignorant of your own history? Apparently Bush is so ignorant of our history that he chooses to repeat Vietnam.

I'm waiting for your answer as to why we went to war with Iraq.

Ask the Phillipino's how it worked to appease japan. Or any other greater power who is trying to terrorize any smaller power. Did you ever have to deal with a bully? You can only run for so long and then you fight or die! Better to pick your ground and time to fight on then theirs.

Going into Afghanistan was the right thing to do. Most of the world stood at our side and agreed with the invasion of Afghanistan and the overthrowing of the Taliban government. What's happening there now? The Bush Administration is trying to turn that war over to NATO! There's no oil there, you see. Osama Bin Laden, the man who planned and executed the attack on 9-11, is still free and probably laughing his behind off. For years one of his recruiting tools has been to forecast that the Great Satan, the US, would invade a small, oil-rich, Arab country for their oil. George W. Bush has made a prophet out of Bin Laden. Our enemies can only be encouraged by the way the few thousand insurgents have held their own against the strongest military power in the world!

mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:
Or are you just going to be like mp and set on the sidelines and cheer while others fight and die?

I'm always amazed at how many times you can repeat yourself, Dis. You'd think you could have come up with a better line than that over the past few months, but apparently "cheering on the sidelines" is the best your pea brain can deliver.

As I've said before, facts don't change. You're still out here cheering on the death and destruction, but are not willing to put your own life and limb at risk so I'll just keep pointing it out.

Latest posts