• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cold Weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Kind of a shock to the system today was colder than heck but tonite the temperature has really taken a drop winchills near -40. The temperature is darn close to -31 but that wind really has a bite to it.

It was 40 above here yesterday but today it got colder all day long now its 10 degrees above zero and getting colder the wind came up a couple hours ago and it's snowing now yuck.

ME EITHER. Been cold here in Oklahoma so long, I was wondering why anyone would live here! But today it was 55 and very enjoyable.

Supposed to be in the 60's this weekend at Aubrey, Texas, Jersey Lilly.
Hope that forcast doesn't change. I did see sun dogs today tho--

Denny said:
It was 40 above here yesterday but today it got colder all day long now its 10 degrees above zero and getting colder the wind came up a couple hours ago and it's snowing now yuck.
I LOVE the snow, can't take the cold. Just started snowing here about an hour ago. Bring it on! (but not so much that the kids miss school ~ I'm still recovering from Thanksgiving vacation! :cry: ).

A tad chilly here too-- temp is 10 degrees with 30-40 mph winds-- wind chill is -15 to -20.......Predicting snow flurries....

I think I'll open gates today and let the cows down into the creek and the trees--get that area that hasn't been grazed cleaned out before the snow gets too deep they can't get it......

10 degrees here this morning. Looks like we are in for a week of cold.
Been pretty normal so far this season except for the drought.

Time to take the roto-tiller back to Sears and trade it in on some long underwear. :lol:

21 below first thing this morning. :roll: :roll: :roll:

First time plugging in the car, and we're starting to find cats showing up that we didn't know we had. The heated dog sleeping mat is in the cat's house now, and it's like a magnet. Good thing we didn't go out looking for kittens this summer because we're not nearly as short of biological rodent control devices as we thought. :wink:

At least there's snow on the ground now, so that makes it a little easier to take. I don't like walking around in big heavy winter boots when there isn't any snow. It just doesn't seem right.

-20 something C here right now with a stiff east wind, making it feel a whole lot colder. Snowing to boot, with visibility down to less than a half mile. I'm already finding some serious snow drifts to wade through. I HATE WINTER!!!!!

Looks like most the snow missed us-- about an inch at the north place- and only a couple flurries at the river place- you can see dirt between the snowflakes on the ground.... :D

Wind has gone down- and temp is up to 20 degrees- so it doesn't feel as bad now....

I hope the weather boys are right in their long term soothsaying-- as they are predicting a week of this cold-- then starting about next Wed. warming back up and back into the 30's by the week of the 10th..... :D Thats about when I wanted to move cows onto the hay meadows (before the kid leaves for Vegas and the NFR)....

The weather warmed up enough to start snowing here about two hours ago...still 21 below,but warmer then the 31 with wind chill yesterday.

Man I do not like this cold....brrrr

Mrs.Greg said:
The weather warmed up enough to start snowing here about two hours ago...still 21 below,but warmer then the 31 with wind chill yesterday.

Man I do not like this cold....brrrr

First we heard last summer..." it's too hot I'm melting"......not " it's too cold" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make up your mind woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

You live in CANADA.....that equals COLD!!!

Supposed to be about 63F or so here today. That's about what, 18C or so??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kola...it takes time for this gal to climatize.The thing with cold,one just puts clothes on and they're warm,in hot weather theres just only so many clothes a person take off before disgust steps in.... :D

The thing about this weather I hate the most is running out in that cold to start my truck :?

Mrs.Greg said:
Kola...it takes time for this gal to climatize.The thing with cold,one just puts clothes on and they're warm,in hot weather theres just only so many clothes a person take off before disgust steps in.... :D

The thing about this weather I hate the most is running out in that cold to start my truck :?

Hmm Mrs. Greg.........maybe you should ask Santa for a remote starter or maybe even a new truck with one installed!!! :lol: :lol:

Haha well, here in the south.....we go out and crank our vehicles in the summer time, and turn on the A/C so it'll cool off inside. Nothin like seerin the backside of your legs to a vehicle seat. :wink:

It's not too often that I hafta run out in the cold and crank a truck to get it warm before goin anywhere.

Was "down"to 39f last week,is near 70f right now..
39f can be darned cold when it's mizziling and the wind is 25 mph! :shock:
Youall keep that cold weather,what we have is enough for me! :D

I'm just like everyone else...I hate that early morning getting out to warm up the truck...brrrrrrr I don't mind the cold so bad, it's the darn windchill that gets me...freezes me to the bone! Now like this evening, the winds died down..temp at 16 and hubby and I were soaking in the hottub outside (hottub was 103 temp)...stars filled the sky, what a great relaxing moment! Except for my Jazzy torturing the cats..lol

Latest posts