• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Colorado Shooting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and thier families tonight. I can't wrap my mind around what makes people do something like that. I feel bad for the shooter's family as well as they must be destroyed totally. While i know the justice system will run it's course, i can't help but wonder if a tall tree and a short rope wouldn't be called for tonight. I know if i'd lost family, i'd be ready to tie the knot! :evil: Anyway, my thoughts are heading in Denver's direction. I hope all our Colorado friends are safe and your loved ones as well.

p.s.
I am taking a concealed carry class as quick as i can find one to sign up for. I can't help but think how helpless folks would feel trying to protect each other from madness without a tool to allow them the chance. It will not happen to me. Please don't politicize this thread. It's about the folks killed and hurt, not politics.

Even if someone could have gotten a few shots off he was in full amo armor, even leggings .

So very tragic and sad .
I hope he rots in hell, and soon !
May God give strength and comfort to the deceased, their loved ones and to all of the survivors of this horrific act .

Whtch this video and if youwant to watch the second one as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGxU9GQ6M_g

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Guys like this are nothing but Cowards. If he had been presented with someone with a CC he probably would have been running so fast out the door.

I'm afraid this will just bring on an onslaught of the anti-gun tards trying to ban the ownership of guns. It appears the perp purchased the guns legally. The gun retailers or manufacturers cannot be held liable for what he did with them after he bought them. That would be like holding the owner of the liquor store accountable for selling Old Whiskeybreath the booze that later caused him to get a DUI.

If adult citizens were required by law to be armed when outside their homes, there would be a LOT less crime, and somebody in that theatre would have gotten off a head shot, regardless of the perp's body armor. :wink:

What I fail to understand is why it took so long for family members to be notified of the condition of their loved ones. It wasn't like a nuke went off and bodies were vaporized.....

Well Loomix- since you want to make this political- and seem to always do it the only way you seem to know how to discuss political situations- libel, slander, and personal attacks we might as well bring up the arguments...

Leanin H- while I believe in concealed carry- and have carried continuously for over 40 years now--- from what I read on the law enforcement sites that neither you with a CC permit- nor even I under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 as a retired officer would have been able to LEGALLY carry a weapon in that theater-- as the ownership had it posted as a "no weapons- no carry" area .... :???:

Oldtimer said:
Well Loomix- since you want to make this political- and seem to always do it the only way you seem to know how to discuss political situations- libel, slander, and personal attacks we might as well bring up the arguments...

Leanin H- while I believe in concealed carry- and have carried continuously for over 40 years now--- from what I read on the law enforcement sites that neither you with a CC permit- nor even I under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 as a retired officer would have been able to LEGALLY carry a weapon in that theater-- as the ownership had it posted as a "no weapons- no carry" area .... :???:

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black... ot talking libel slander and personal attacks. He is the one who started and mastered it on here.

as the ownership had it posted as a "no weapons- no carry" area .... :???:
Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling how they made the movie theater "SAFE"

Oldtimer said:

Maybe people should ponder that a bit. Guy seems pretty calculated, wonder if it had anything to do with his selection of a location?

I lived in Aurora for a few years and to be honest, I can't say I am surprised by this occurring. The day I brought my oldest daughter home from the hospital, my FIL went to the gas station 1/4 mile from the house. While filling up, a guy pulled off the road, shot a man behind him in the neck and drove away. Police officer was parked directly across the road and saw it all happen. Came to assist my FIL who was holding pressure on the victims neck and the shooter got away.

A pretty happy day was suddenly altered and so was my outlook of the area.

Larrry said:
Oldtimer said:

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black... ot talking libel slander and personal attacks. He is the one who started and mastered it on here.

as the ownership had it posted as a "no weapons- no carry" area .... :???:
Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling how they made the movie theater "SAFE"

Does Jinx apply in a thread as well?

Local governments in Colorado may prohibit the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction if they post signs at the public entrances to the building or area informing persons that open carrying is prohibited.

This says nothing about "Concealed Carry".

Where can I NOT carry with a valid Colorado concealed carry permit?

18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions.

(1) (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in all areas of the state, except

(2) A permit issued does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

(3) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun onto the real property, or into any improvements erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school

(4) A permit issued does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.

(5) Nothing in this shall be construed to limit existing rights of a private property owner, private tenant, private employer, or private business entity.

Mike said:
Local governments in Colorado may prohibit the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction if they post signs at the public entrances to the building or area informing persons that open carrying is prohibited.

This says nothing about "Concealed Carry".

Quite right. The point I was trying to make was if the less desireable element knew that practically anyone they met was armed, crime ought to go down.

As far as this getting back to the gun industry, a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident. Should the car manufacturer be held accountable for causing his death? Guns don't kill people. People kill people. And this will be headed right into the leftwingernut cult wanting to repeal the 2nd Amendment.....

Methinks the ones who worry about libel, slander, and personal attacks are generally the ones most guilty of committing them..... :roll: :roll:

Signage only pertains to the HONEST,,the ciminals will ignore any sign.... our estemed wannabe cop knows that!!!
Says he has carried for 40 yrs, yet also claims to have been in L.E. for 50 yrs, hummmmmm what is wrong here???? Of course we all know not to believe him :wink:

Sorry Leanin H seems no thread is safe even when it is asked to not turn it political.

My Heart and ALOT of prayers go out to the victims and their families as this was a completely insane act. There had to be something going on with this young guy to make him do this sick thing.

From some reports I believe his mother saw it coming as she told the police they had the right guy. To that all I can say is if she knew he was headed in the direction and DID NOTHING God help her, as something might have been able to be done if she had spoke up.

But then if I remember right the father of one of the US born terrorists tried to warn the government about his son and they did nothing to stop his child. So what makes me think anything would have been done here. This is the problem with so many of these types of shooting. Even if the family and friends sees something is wrong they have no where to turn to for help. It seems the only time the law will get involved is after something like this happens not before. REACTION NOT PREVENTION. :roll:

Tam said:
Sorry Leanin H seems no thread is safe even when it is asked to not turn it political.

My Heart and ALOT of prayers go out to the victims and their families as this was a completely insane act. There had to be something going on with this young guy to make him do this sick thing.

From some reports I believe his mother saw it coming as she told the police they had the right guy. To that all I can say is if she knew he was headed in the direction and DID NOTHING God help her, as something might have been able to be done if she had spoke up.

But then if I remember right the father of one of the US born terrorists tried to warn the government about his son and they did nothing to stop his child. So what makes me think anything would have been done here. This is the problem with so many of these types of shooting. Even if the family and friends sees something is wrong they have no where to turn to for help. It seems the only time the law will get involved is after something like this happens not before. REACTION NOT PREVENTION. :roll:

I also thought it would have been nice for it not to turn political. I didn't post till it was moved as I didn't want to fan the flames. You could see it coming to turn political when right after the shooting there was blame pointed at the Tea Party(it would only be reasonable for them to defend themselves) and calls for gun control.

I really think when this post was moved to political is when it turned political

Oldtimer said:
while I believe in concealed carry- and have carried continuously for over 40 years now--- from what I read on the law enforcement sites that neither you with a CC permit- nor even I under the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 as a retired officer would have been able to LEGALLY carry a weapon in that theater-- as the ownership had it posted as a "no weapons- no carry" area .... :???:

I am sure the theater owners are overcome with grief.. and blaming them is wrong...

but the reality is.. result of their sign is not as they intended.. and the gun laws seldom work any better then that misguided sign..

because all those who would have carried, law abiding citizens complied....

and seventy people were still shot despite the sign...

what this should tell a person is that the sign didn't protect the citizens,..

the police can't be everywhere and in the minute it took them to get there, no one or no law protected the citizens..

while guns do not kill,.. signs do not protect...

Even if someone could have gotten a few shots off he was in full amo armor, even leggings .

even with better armor, a center mass shot will stun a shooter,..even if it is only for a second.. often two will take the wind out of the shooter for a few seconds if not longer...

if ever faced with a crazy,... take several center mass shots.. focus,.. aim and take the head shot...

katrina said:
I have a concealed weapons permit....I pack a 380.. I've been spooked at a filling station... Especially where I travel alone....

take a bit of advice,..

shoot in the mid center mass,.. (on the slight high side between gut/lungs ),.. and walk the bullets up... refocusing on each shot..

if there are several thugs limit the shots to center mass of the talker/gun-holder. , refocus and get those who haven't ran away..

Latest posts