• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Compromise NOT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
the ones that can't operate a screwdriver are the ones that should be bussed out to a farm to pick stones

everyone has a skill level.. paying them to sit idle is killing our country..

I thank GOD I have a pension and investments cause it isn't pretty..

on the way into town today I was a bit shocked.. in the first three blocks of a business district there is a closed auto repair shop. a closed diner, two vacant buildings, a closed exterminators office, three closed gas stations.. and a for sale sign on every building or lot,.. last year this was coveted land..

And with the high cattle and grain prices business's are doing quite well here even after we suffered thru quite a bit of crop/income loss from the Winter from Hell and 3 months flooding...

I have heard that 150 miles east of me- bedrooms/sleeping rooms are renting out at $1000+ month (if you can find any)- and they are advertising for waitress type work at the Taco Johns advertising a salary of $18 an hour.....

Then we should ship our welfare folk out your way..

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
And with the high cattle and grain prices business's are doing quite well here even after we suffered thru quite a bit of crop/income loss from the Winter from Hell and 3 months flooding...

I have heard that 150 miles east of me- bedrooms/sleeping rooms are renting out at $1000+ month (if you can find any)- and they are advertising for waitress type work at the Taco Johns advertising a salary of $18 an hour.....

yet spending has to be increased to extend unemployment benefits etc, because of the "Bush bust" :lol:

No housing...This is not the type country where you can camp the year away in a tent....They are building mancaves out of freight cars- but still not enough to go around... But the folks with houses to rent out are making good money- as well as those with an oil well in the back yard...

I talked with a lady the other day that said if you go down the highway by Williston you will meet 50 semis for every car...

you might want to let someone know.. the fed has hundreds of unused FEMA trailers.. probably thousands..

we could ship a trailer and a welfare family as a group.. kinda a liberal package deal.. where do you want us to park them.. in your front yard or back?

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
the ones that can't operate a screwdriver are the ones that should be bussed out to a farm to pick stones

everyone has a skill level.. paying them to sit idle is killing our country..

I thank GOD I have a pension and investments cause it isn't pretty..

on the way into town today I was a bit shocked.. in the first three blocks of a business district there is a closed auto repair shop. a closed diner, two vacant buildings, a closed exterminators office, three closed gas stations.. and a for sale sign on every building or lot,.. last year this was coveted land..

Tell us why the rooms are renting out high and why the job shortage? I live there and it has nothing to do with Obama. In fact Obama is trying to take away the reason for these jobs. You are a drunk old man that is jealous as you have nothing, so you try to get the working class to pay for your lazy butt and the bar stool you sit on while your wife works to support you. As far as the high cattle prices, they are not high compared to the price of expense that is gone up. So are we any further ahead?

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
yet spending has to be increased to extend unemployment benefits etc, because of the "Bush bust" :lol:

No housing...This is not the type country where you can camp the year away in a tent....They are building mancaves out of freight cars- but still not enough to go around... But the folks with houses to rent out are making good money- as well as those with an oil well in the back yard...

I talked with a lady the other day that said if you go down the highway by Williston you will meet 50 semis for every car...

you might want to let someone know.. the fed has hundreds of unused FEMA trailers.. probably thousands..

we could ship a trailer and a welfare family as a group.. kinda a liberal package deal.. where do you want us to park them.. in your front yard or back?

Steve they are giving these trailers to the Indian reverations free. So instead of making good use of them and getting rent from the oil feild workers they give them away so they will be made into firewood before the year is out.

The reason rent can be so high is that no one is secure in the economy and don't want to make the commitment of a purchase. So they rent along with everyone else creating a demand and a shortage.

Larrry said:
The reason rent can be so high is that no one is secure in the economy and don't want to make the commitment of a purchase. So they rent along with everyone else creating a demand and a shortage.

There are no houses to buy or rent as the oil boom took off fast in ND.

The other side of the great rent owners can get for their bedrooms and places.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/50404/group/Oil/

I'm sure the market will correct itself eventually and I believe in free market and capitalism, but there is another ugly side to all the roses and dollar signs, too.

Frisco said:

I'm sure the market will correct itself eventually and I believe in free market and capitalism, but there is another ugly side to all the roses and dollar signs, too.

Frisco, we saw some of the same affects here in Alberta a few years ago. One thing that the article did not mention, (unless I missed it), is the "transient" types that a "boom" also brings in and the crime that can be associated with "questionable characters" looking for the big bucks

Lonecowboy said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Krayton was a huge disappointment...At a time when a big concern was the states and countries economy he took up much of the legislatures time introducing unpassable gun laws for the gun lobby that fills his election coffers- and trying to go back 50 years by changing laws on social issues...
He was trying to override a VOTER Passed Medical Marijuana law, trying to throw out the Mt Supreme Courts ruling that the Montana Constitutions individual privacy act gives a person the right to die with dignity, and supported the platform that called for making gay sex a criminal act-
something that was thrown out years ago by the Supreme Court..

To me thats going backwards......
OK back those statements up with facts pleasegive us the House Bill numbers of the "unpassable gun laws" he sponsored
the names and ammounts of "gun lobby" contributions that "filled his election coffers"what bills did he sponsor on medical marijuana, gays,etc. all the other things you mentioned.
anty up ot, show us facts, actual links to actual bills?????
not rhetoric- the actual bills Krayton sponsored, complete text, show us![/
quote]

So are you going to bring any facts to back up your statements or can we all just assume you lied again?? The burden of proof is in your court- do you have any FACTS to back it up? If not it sounds like a slander case to me.

hypocritexposer said:
Frisco said:

Frisco, we saw some of the same affects here in Alberta a few years ago. One thing that the article did not mention, (unless I missed it), is the "transient" types that a "boom" also brings in and the crime that can be associated with "questionable characters" looking for the big bucks

Yep-- if you talk to some of the old Williston area residents thats all they can talk about is how "dirty" their little town has become- and how much its changed- mostly for the worse...
Always negatives come with the positives...We will see much more of it as the oil boom continues spreading west...

hypocritexposer said:
Frisco said:

You would be right about the transients (which the article didn't mention). Which is why I think this shortage will correct itself eventually. One thing about this boom, which goes south of Watford City, too, is that unlike the 80s, families aren't moving here as much as you see crews being brought in and then, they send money home. When we lived in MT yet, Sidney prepared itself for a big housing boom and just the motels filled up, houses did not get sold or built because alot of the crews were brought in for 6 moths at a time and then rotated out. The families didn't come. I have no idea what it is doing now, maybe Continental (an OK based company) has now hired local people to be the majority of its oil field work force.

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Frisco said:

Yep-- if you talk to some of the old Williston area residents thats all they can talk about is how "dirty" their little town has become- and how much its changed- mostly for the worse...
Always negatives come with the positives...We will see much more of it as the oil boom continues spreading west...

Notice folks oldtimer does not supply facts he just spouts, nol substance no facts just a blow hard :roll: :roll:

Frisco said:
hypocritexposer said:
Frisco said:

You would be right about the transients (which the article didn't mention). Which is why I think this shortage will correct itself eventually. One thing about this boom, which goes south of Watford City, too, is that unlike the 80s, families aren't moving here as much as you see crews being brought in and then, they send money home. When we lived in MT yet, Sidney prepared itself for a big housing boom and just the motels filled up, houses did not get sold or built because alot of the crews were brought in for 6 moths at a time and then rotated out. The families didn't come. I have no idea what it is doing now, maybe Continental (an OK based company) has now hired local people to be the majority of its oil field work force.

I guess fracking causes STDs in women too, according to a Dem. lawmaker.....

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A state lawmaker is explaining his remark that suggests the impact of Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry includes the spread of sexually transmitted disease "amongst the womenfolk."

Democratic Rep. Michael Sturla of Lancaster County was expected to discuss the remark at a previously scheduled hearing Wednesday on gas drilling.

His remark was made in comments e-mailed to a reporter in which he accused a Corbett administration official of downplaying the seriousness of community impacts created by drilling.

The state Republican Party on Tuesday evening called the remark offensive and incredibly stupid, and called on Sturla to apologize. However, Sturla was apparently citing testimony by Troy Community Hospital from May that says among its experiences with the influx of drilling crews is an increase in sexually transmitted diseases.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/08/pa_lawmaker_suggests_spread_of.html

hypocritexposer said:
Frisco said:
hypocritexposer said:

I guess fracking causes STDs in women too, according to a Dem. lawmaker.....

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A state lawmaker is explaining his remark that suggests the impact of Pennsylvania's booming natural gas industry includes the spread of sexually transmitted disease "amongst the womenfolk."

Democratic Rep. Michael Sturla of Lancaster County was expected to discuss the remark at a previously scheduled hearing Wednesday on gas drilling.

His remark was made in comments e-mailed to a reporter in which he accused a Corbett administration official of downplaying the seriousness of community impacts created by drilling.

The state Republican Party on Tuesday evening called the remark offensive and incredibly stupid, and called on Sturla to apologize. However, Sturla was apparently citing testimony by Troy Community Hospital from May that says among its experiences with the influx of drilling crews is an increase in sexually transmitted diseases.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/08/pa_lawmaker_suggests_spread_of.html

Not sure about "fracking"- but I think you are close... :wink: :lol:

Thats one of the complaints about Williston becoming "dirty" that I've heard- all the prostitutes and strip joints that now exist...

One thing for certain you could take bets that oldtimer would focus in on the prostitutes and strippers :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts