• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Concealed Carry Laws

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
I have been asked my opinion on Concealed Carry laws and the businesses that are trying to bar them. Wisconsin just got CC laws and the anti gun people started putting up " No Guns Allowed" signs every where. Wisconsin also has a law that if you have a CC permit and you do not carry due to one of those signs the owner is responsible for your safety and if you are harmed you may sue him / her for damages so most of the signs came back down.

So is today's "No Guns" sign the same as the 1950s "No Blacks" - - - it gives one pause.

I had never thought of it in terms of "Civil Rights" but that is a very compelling argument.

You do have the right to bar anyone you like from your home.

But if I were to bar someone (black, gay, red-haired) from my business I would be facing federal time for a "Hate Crime" and I can see the same argument for Concealed Carry.

People will say it is a matter of choice - - - I do not read in the Constitution that you have a right to be gay. But we do have a second amendment right to bear arms. I would feel we should be every bit as protected as a gay person!

"Jesus said to his disciples ... and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." Luke 22:36

When Florida changed to "Shall Issue," the Sarah Brady gang went around screaming like Howler Monkeys that, "It was going to be the Old West with gunfights in the middle of the streets all over again." Well, as any student of history will tell you, those "Old West gunfights" are a figment of Hollywood's imagination and have nothing to do with real history. In fact, the "Old West" was very polite because everyone carried a gun, but mostly for practical purposes.

Florida's CCW rate climbed to over 25% - 1 in 4 of all citizens had a concealed gun and had qualified to use it. Cab drivers were shooting robbers, rapists were winding up in hospitals, and within six months, violent crime dropped almost 50%. As a result, criminals started attacking tourists, thinking they weren't able to be armed - then they became educated in something called "reciprocity" and that wound up with tourists shooting criminals. Florida has had no regrets at all since changing to "Shall Issue" and the Brady Bunch had to slink away in disgrace.

Kennesaw, Georgia went one better requiring a firearm in every residence. That county had held the distinction of having the highest crime rate in the state for years. The law was passed in 1982 and now the county has held the distinction for almost 30 years of the lowest crime rate in the state. Look at
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1818862/posts

So now back to my opinion on CCW - - - I feel every citizen who is properly trained in safe, competent use should be required to have at least one firearm for the safety of them and their fellow citizens!

Now for someone who has lived the nightmare and can speak much better about it than I ever will. Please spend 5minutes and 24 seconds to listen to her true story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgrIsuO5PLc

I may have made a few enemies with this post but if it make you think GREAT!

I was just sent this site that will allow you to check on any myths you have heard on gun safety!

http://jpfo.org/pdf02/gun-facts-5.1.pdf

I'm going to save a copy to my desktop for future reference

George said:
Florida's CCW rate climbed to over 25% - 1 in 4 of all citizens had a concealed gun and had qualified to use it. Cab drivers were shooting robbers, rapists were winding up in hospitals, and within six months, violent crime dropped almost 50%.

The above fact is what drives the anti-gunners insane. They just don't get it and I doubt they ever will.

Latest posts