• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Condi to replace Cheney?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
ELECTION 2008
Condi to replace Cheney
next year?
Report: Vice president likely to step down 'due to his health'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 19, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Vice President Dick Cheney likely will step down next year due to health reasons and be replaced by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, according to a report by geopolitical expert Jack Wheeler.

On his website, To the Point, Wheeler reports there's a "red-breasted rumor bird" flying around Capitol Hill that has whispered the same thing to most congressional committee chairmen.

"We all know that Dick Cheney has been the best vice president of modern times, perhaps in American history," one such chairman told Wheeler. "And we know that he absolutely will not run for president in 2008. Further, he has an unfortunate history of heart trouble. So let's just say none of us will be surprised if, sometime next year, he will step down from the vice presidency due to his health."

Continued the source: "Should this happen, President Bush would need to appoint his replacement, just as Richard Nixon chose Gerald Ford to replace Spiro Agnew. It is quite clear to us whom the president would choose should he need to: Condoleezza Rice."

Wheeler goes on to analyze what such a scenario would mean for the 2008 presidential election.

Writes Wheeler: "Being a sitting vice president places Condi in an impregnable position for the GOP nomination in 2008 and sucks every breath of wind from Hillary's sails. Historically, it's hard for a party to keep the White House after they've had it for eight years. This is George Bush and Dick Cheney's way to buck history – and make it."

Serving as Bush's national security adviser during his first term, Rice took over the State Department last month.

A presidential race between rice and hillary. Now that will be something to behold.

nr: "A presidential race between rice and hillary. Now that will be something to behold."

Normally anything vegetarian doesn't thrill me at all, but in this case I'd much rather have "rice" than Hillary's "bull". :)

All good comebacks! However,
I doubt that the Vice Pres will step down though unless his health is truly endangered. How can this fellow be predicting Cheney's health a year away??? Maybe he has some StarTrekky laser thingy to "read" Cheney?

You guys are such a hoot!!!! I'v giggled over this post for ten minutes now. :lol: I would vote for Dr. Rice and Im not real sure the presidency is a place for a women.. She is a real class act....Hillary is history as far as I'm concerned. Just thnk of slick willy running loose in the White House...NOW THAT'S SCARY...................... :!:

Latest posts