• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Condi too exciting/intelligent for VP?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Boomlet for Condoleezza Rice as Veep Continues

There have been a number of news stories about Condoleezza Rice as Romney's running mate. On the plus side, she is a very experienced black woman would probably bring in a lot of votes from women and independents. On the minus side, she would completely overshadow Romney and would instantly make the campaign about her role in starting the war in Iraq. But more important than any of this is that she is pro choice. That is a complete nonstarter with Romney's base. Romney himself used to be pro choice, but has painfully managed to convince his supporters that he has been cleansed of this heresy. Picking a pro-choice Veep would be the end of him. He understands this very well. If Rice were pro life, she might be a serious candidate.

Back in the real world of politics, Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) stayed right on message by blasting Obama on the economy, saying: "This week, 13 million Americans won't go to work, not because they're on vacation, but because they can't find jobs." With Portman on the hustings, Romney knows he would have a running mate who will keep attacking Obama on the jobs issue and is even more boring them himself, so he would not overshadow Romney. Rice is a superstar and the media would go wild about her ("Palin with brains"). Also, Portman hails from a key swing state, Ohio, whereas Rice was born in Alabama and now lives in California, where she is a professor at Stanford University. Neither of these are going to be competitive.

Well Oldtimer we are making progress I agree with half of your title to this thread.

Condi to me is not overly exciting BUT given that she is black, a woman and a Republican that makes her alot more intelligent than any black or white woman or man that supports the Democrats. :wink: And far more competent than the VP the US has now. H*ll I'm willing to bet she is more competent than what the US has a President right now. But then that is not saying much for either office. :roll:

BTW the article is right the Media would go wild for her or at least after her being a BLACK Woman that doesn't fit their stereotype Black Woman. They would dig up any garbage they could and when that didn't work they would start making crap up JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH PALIN. :x COUNT ON IT. :x

hypocritexposer said:
Condi is a decoy.

a couple of choices..

Marsha Blackburn (Congresswoman, Tennessee)
Strengths: She's an attractive, experienced, charismatic conservative woman who could help Mitt in southern states.
Weaknesses: She would probably be the best fit for Romney of any female candidate that Mitt could select, but she has received very little public consideration for the VP slot.

Rand Paul (Senator, Kentucky)
Strengths: He's conservative, popular with the base, would probably help in the south, and is the only candidate who could bring the majority of Ron Paul's fans onboard.

Susana Martinez (Governor, New Mexico)
Strengths: Martinez is the first Hispanic woman governor in the United States, which combines two key demographics that Republicans want to reach very badly. She's also conservative and New Mexico is a swing state, albeit a small one.

not sure if anyone can help Romney more then Paul could..

as for VP he would be at the top of my list..

hypocritexposer said:
Paul Ryan?

I like him but feel he would be about as popular as Palin with the media...

in between attacking Ryan, the media could attack Romney.. and we would be left with a media unable to find any time left to beg to fluff Obama's pillow or ask him if his chair is comfy...

I think Rubio would be a great choice. I'd rather he have more experience, though. After all, the VP needs to be prepared to be President, should the need arise. And who in their right mind would ever believe that a junior Senator barely into his first term would be qualified to be President?

Texan said:
I think Rubio would be a great choice. I'd rather he have more experience, though. After all, the VP needs to be prepared to be President, should the need arise. And who in their right mind would ever believe that a junior Senator barely into his first term would be qualified to be President?

Nobody in their right mind would believe that but the Democrats sure did and look what happen with that experiment. :roll:

Texan said:

and if Rubio runs, and they win, in less then eight years we will have a definitive answer to the naturalized citizen question.. . :?

Republican Voters Want Rice as Veep

A Fox News poll of Republicans http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/18/fox-news-poll-voters-pick-condi-rice-as-romney-running-mate/#ixzz215N5A9fc
asked them who they would like to see as the Vice Presidential nominee. Here are the results.

Candidate Pct Notes

Condoleezza Rice 30% She is pro choice. The Republican base would never accept her

Marco Rubio 19% Too much of a wild card and Mexican-Americans don't identify with Cuban-Americans

Chris Christie 8% Much too outspoken and would overshadow Romney

Paul Ryan 8% Would allow Obama to run on a "Save Medicare" platform

Bobby Jindal 5% Flubbed SOTU reply and not vetted at all nationally

Bob McDonnell 3% Romney really does not want to campaign on transvaginal probes

Susana Martinez 3% Actually a good choice but would be compared to Sarah Palin

Rob Portman 3% Ran the budget office for Bush 43 but otherwise is bland enough

Tim Pawlenty 2% Boring and submissive: a good choice but has to learn to campaign better

They are going to be disappointed. It is very unlikely that any of the top seven choices are going to be picked, for the reasons given. Insiders are expecting it to be either former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty or Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH).

So Bobby Jindal would be a perfect choice by not being vetted,,,he would be just like obaba EH oldtimer????
:D :D :D :D

Don't ya just get a kick out of the left and all their input on the Rep candidate. What are they worried about...they can't even pick a decent leftwingernut candidate without going off the deepend.

Latest posts