• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Congress: Trading stock on inside information?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
The "seniority" systems of Congress (set up by Congress)- which gives those that have served the longest the highest ranking and power-- also lends itself to those who have been there the most years being the most likely to stay...

With the power attained thru senority- comes the ability to buy the big dollar campaign donations to stay in office- which now with the corporates being considered "a person" they will able to get campaign assistance in anonymity too without anyone knowing who is buying them....

And so we end up with the best government money can buy!!

Does this mean you don't support or vote for max bacus oldtimer?

Did you vote for Burns- even tho he broke his term limit promise to Montana :???:

I'm not a Baucus fan--but never heard Max Baucus ever make such a pledge- and this last time around there wasn't even a realistic/credible R candidate running against him...Did you actually vote for Kelleher? :???: The Republican Party wouldn't even let him in the convention after he won the nomination- they stuck him in a little room of his own :wink: :lol:

But that election was a great example of what seniority will do-- where a candidate is in so long- and bringing home so much pork for the home folks (with an opportunity to earmark for home lots more now in his 6th term as chairman of the Senate Committee on Finance)- and has built up such a campaign warchest and corporate lobbyiest backing that no credible opposing party candidate will even run against them....

He actually ran on his seniority- and the power he would have if re-elected...
(As of 2010 he is the longest-serving Senator from Montana, and the fifth longest-serving U.S. Senator in office.)

He collected 73% of the vote- to Kellehers 27%....
Do you really believe 73% of Montanans are Democrats :???: - or did many of your fellow R cultists think maybe some of the riches would rub off on them
:???:

Or maybe they were like me and sat that one out? voted none of the above- did you compare actual number of votes in the different races? or just use percentages because it looked better to you? :shock:

you never did answer if you support and vote for bacus or not- just illuded to it! :wink:

but I'll man up and answer your other question direct too- yes I voted for Conrad Burns every chance I had. and proud to do it.

oltimer wrote:
and thank God this time the rest of the state saw what a crooked old hypocrit he was and he was beat out by Jon Tester...

now that was a very misleading statement- tester didn't even win his home county, or anything on our end of the state except the reservation vote- that schwietzeer even admitted was rigged. he was elected by the transplant liberal Californians and university students that were paid to vote. look up what counties he did win- what was it like 3 of them?
:???:

Lonecowboy said:
you never did answer if you support and vote for bacus or not- just illuded to it! :wink:

but I'll man up and answer your other question direct too- yes I voted for Conrad Burns every chance I had. and proud to do it.

See Hypocrit- thats the reason I say that term limit pledges are worthless-- the folks that just follow the partisan drumbeat- and have annointed their cult members as unable to commit sin, still vote for them after the candidate lies to them and renegs on their pledges...

Lonecowboy- I can't tell you if I voted for Baucus or not-- mainly because I can't remember...Like I said- I'm no Baucus fan-- but darn sure wasn't going to vote for Kelleher (what a joke- sure showed how disorganized the MT Repubs were after that legislature)...I was looking at the 3rd party candidates- but can't even remember who they were...Thats about how interested in that race I was- because there was no doubt Baucus would win in a landslide...

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

See Hypocrit- thats the reason I say that term limit pledges are worthless-- the folks that just follow the partisan drumbeat- and have annointed their cult members as unable to commit sin, still vote for them after the candidate lies to them and renegs on their pledges...

Lonecowboy- I can't tell you if I voted for Baucus or not-- mainly because I can't remember...Like I said- I'm no Baucus fan-- but darn sure wasn't going to vote for Kelleher (what a joke- sure showed how disorganized the MT Repubs were after that legislature)...I was looking at the 3rd party candidates- but can't even remember who they were...Thats about how interested in that race I was- because there was no doubt Baucus would win in a landslide...

whoa up there a little bit fella- just why are you calling me a hypocrit?

also I didn't vote for Conrad because he was an (R) I voted for him because he was the better man. look what we got instead~ tester :???:

Conrad never would have voted for kagan and sotomeyer's confirmation~ that will haunt tester to his grave, likely America too!

tester-obama.png

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

whoa up there a little bit fella- just why are you calling me a hypocrit?

also I didn't vote for Conrad because he was an (R) I voted for him because he was the better man. look what we got instead~ tester :???:

Conrad never would have voted for kagan and sotomeyer's confirmation~ that will haunt tester to his grave, likely America too!

tester-obama.png

I didn't call you a hypocrit-- I was talking to Hypocrit-- about the main subject matter they have been talking about in this thread--term limits and why I don't believe you will ever get voters that will vote out someone that renegs on such a pledge....

You just happened to be the first cultist puppet to admit it- and prove my point...... :wink:

Oldtimer you are still giving the Congressmen the right to make the term limit laws in Washington and on this one thing we agree they will never ever do it as it limits their time to screw the US population out of millions . What I'm saying is the Voters in each and every state should put a referendum on the ballot saying they want term limits put on those elected by them to represent them. If the Congressmen campaign against the law, then make sure that candidate doesn't get a chance to take office. It is time to stop letting them govern themselves. :roll:

And just so you know I have only ever voted in one US election in 2010 and the reason behind my vote was I wanted to have one more vote against your R-CALF buddy that was running for the DEMS. But you can bet I will be voting in the 2012 election so there is one more vote against your other buddy Obama. :wink:

hurleyjd said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
And how do you do that? US Federal representative type Democracy does not have the format set up for voting on initiatives or the referendums process of passing laws...

Get behind a movement that is demanding it, and asking candidates to committ to it.

If the candidate commits and reneges, they will be voting out next election.

Sounds like you agree with what the Tea Party has been holding their candidates to, the last couple of years.

Didn't the Tea Party remove more "incumbents" in history?

We ought to get Grover Norquist to make them sign a pledge for term limits. What do you think about that Hypo and Tam

NO PLEDGES that can be reniged on. :roll: a STATE VOTER PASSED LAW making it LAW that nobody represents the State for more than two terms. Don't give them a chance to back out and run for a third term. two terms and their out just like the President and Governor in most states.

Tam said:
hurleyjd said:
hypocritexposer said:
Get behind a movement that is demanding it, and asking candidates to committ to it.

Sounds like you agree with what the Tea Party has been holding their candidates to, the last couple of years.

We ought to get Grover Norquist to make them sign a pledge for term limits. What do you think about that Hypo and Tam

NO PLEDGES that can be reniged on. :roll: a STATE VOTER PASSED LAW making it LAW that nobody represents the State for more than two terms. Don't give them a chance to back out and run for a third term. two terms and their out just like the President and Governor in most states.

Tam- thats UNCONSTITUTIONAL...Those laws have been passed in the past by some states- but are not enforceable- as in 1995, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned congressional term limits, ruling that state governments cannot limit the terms of members of the national government...
Thats the reason also that the long followed practice of a President only running for two terms had to be codified by a Constitutional Amendment (and not just by law)- the Twenty-Second Amendment- ratified in 1951,...

EDIT- I looked it up for you to research-- the case was U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995) ...

Then the ruling destroys the idea of A Government of the People for the People and BY THE PEOPLE doesn't it.

The Federal government is not to have any powers the State doesn't give them.

hurleyjd said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
And how do you do that? US Federal representative type Democracy does not have the format set up for voting on initiatives or the referendums process of passing laws...

great idea......so you are supporting the Tea Party in this push for term limits?

Supporters of a proposed constitutional amendment that would impose term limits for members of the House and the Senate plan to renew their efforts in the next Congress, hoping to capitalize on anti-government momentum created by the tea party movement.

Leaders of the term-limit push, including Sens. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., and Tom Coburn, R-Okla., and Reps. Ralph M. Hall, R-Texas, and Todd R. Platts, R-Pa., are working with tea party activists and U.S. Term Limits, a nonprofit group backed by libertarian New York real estate developer Howard Rich.

Coburn, DeMint and about 10 tea- party-backed representatives-elect are circulating a petition and promoting DeMint's proposed constitutional amendment (S J Res 21) that would limit senators to two six-year terms and House members to three two-year terms.

http://www.congress.org/news/2010/12/07/tea_party_pushes_term_limits

Latest posts