• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Conneally Freightliner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
My neighbor just asked me to go look his bulls over for a sight unseen buyer. He's got a heck of a set of Freightliner yearlings. They're selling on Friday in Vermillion,Alberta if your anywhere near stop in and have a look you won't be disappointed. There's some Really Windy calves in there too look pretty solid.

I've got a couple here also they are alot heavier than they look the lenght of these is nearly a ft. longer than the Alliance and Bushwacker calves.We have calves on the ground from all 3 of these bulls now but so far all heifer calves from Freightliner.

Great minds think alike-I've got a bunch of Freightliner embryos to put in from a couple old cows we flushed last year. A Rainmaker 340 daughter and a Pioneer 701 of EAR daughter.

We also have some Freihtliners in our sale but the Density''s are longer and more lower body. Pity we cant get old Freight though as they would work to improve the EXT's and they would measure up then. LOL

Wonder if study hard has a twisted private message to this posting.

CA

Well bring them down and we can put them in some nice baldie recip cows :wink:

I have a pair of Chateau 3/4 brothers that are turning out quite nice also were going to run them on the lease cows which are all 1/2 highlander and 1/2 exotic.

We would love to bring them! Just tell how to..LOL. We have used alot of 744,good cattle and a real calving ease bull. When you have a good female the are awesome, but you can have some duds.

CA

canadian angus said:
We would love to bring them! Just tell how to..LOL. We have used alot of 744,good cattle and a real calving ease bull. When you have a good female the are awesome, but you can have some duds.

CA

I can meet you in the middle of Lake of the Woods unless the coast gaurd catches us :wink:

Shhhh! Not so loud, Oldtimer may here and he will spread it on all the message boards he's on, LOL. It really does suck about movement of breeding stock, would love to participate in some sales but we may own them, but how and when do we use them.

The Density calves are the stongest group of bulls we have ever raised, and a plus that we need up here is hair and they are loaded, good footed and we hope the female side doesn't let us down.

Cory I won't be at Vermillion, got to cover the Spiritwood sale, the one angus bull is weighing 1600 plus pounds, do you think there may be foot and health problems later. Hate a pushed bull!

Ta for now.

CA

Northern Rancher said:
My neighbor just asked me to go look his bulls over for a sight unseen buyer. He's got a heck of a set of Freightliner yearlings. They're selling on Friday in Vermillion,Alberta if your anywhere near stop in and have a look you won't be disappointed. There's some Really Windy calves in there too look pretty solid.

N.R Catalogue online anywhere?

Cory, Cory, Cory, why give Doug the commision! SAV Density in your Genex wish book? Think Cory is wanting to sell Freight embryo's.

New Freight son on board end of the month called Freight Train.

The neat thing about Density calves is you don't need a fast horse to work them.

CA

Davey,Davey, Davey you old commission hound-Frenchie asked where that sale catalogue was online-it's on Doug's website. I'm pointing out some good calves a neighbor has for sale on Friday-no profit agenda here. As for my Freightliner embryos they aren't for sale they're for me.

We weighed our bulls today our top gaining bull is gaining 4.27#s per day and he's a Freightliner son lowest gainer was a Red angus at 3.4#s per day.My favorite bull an Alliance son is gaining 3.97#s per day.I was really happy with their progress.The bulls are getting 9#s of 14% cattle feed,12#s of wet distillars grain and 2nd cutting clover grass mix hay.

Denny said:
We weighed our bulls today our top gaining bull is gaining 4.27#s per day and he's a Freightliner son lowest gainer was a Red angus at 3.4#s per day.My favorite bull an Alliance son is gaining 3.97#s per day.I was really happy with their progress.The bulls are getting 9#s of 14% cattle feed,12#s of wet distillars grain and 2nd cutting clover grass mix hay.

Why do you want a yearling bull to gain that much? I like a calf to wean off with no creep in the 700's and gain about 2.75 ADG. 1400 lb yearling bull weights are impressive but not practical unless you plan on supplementing that calf all breeding season. There is a difference between fattening steers for slaughter and developing bulls for breeding. I'm not trying to throw you under the bus but personally this is what I prefer.

Latest posts