• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

COON ASS ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what a coon ass is?me and elmo was doing a lil celebrating yeterday evening at Lukenbach and one of the ladies there said we were acting like "coon ass's"ole elmo thought it was funny,I asked the lady what is a coon ass,and she replied,something you dont wanna be!!!!!So I just had to ask, just what is a coon ass ?..................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Can someone tell me what a coon ass is?me and elmo was doing a lil celebrating yeterday evening at Lukenbach and one of the ladies there said we were acting like "coon ass's"ole elmo thought it was funny,I asked the lady what is a coon ass,and she replied,something you dont wanna be!!!!!So I just had to ask, just what is a coon ass ?..................good luck

Haymaker- I'd always taken it to be a Louisianan...

I looked it up on the southern saying web site:

COON-ASS: A good ol' boy in Cajun Country.
Second definition: Only people born and raised in South Louisiana, and of French Canadian decent (the original Acadians) are called this, and it is generally considered a vulgar and derogatory term, and most South Louisiana residents of French decent do not use this term

Haymaker, that would be a fun sight to see, you acting up. How do you feel today?

feeder said:
Haymaker, that would be a fun sight to see, you acting up. How do you feel today?

I feel alright,still kinda mad about that ole bag callin me and elmo coon ass's,seem's like I remember some one had a curr dog named "coon ass"............good luck

Oldtimer said:
HAY MAKER said:

Second definition: Only people born and raised in South Louisiana, and of French Canadian decent (the original Acadians) are called this, and it is generally considered a vulgar and derogatory term, and most South Louisiana residents of French decent do not use this term

Old Timer I get this funny feeling she was refering to the second definition :mad: :mad: .................good luck

Not that I'm a big fan of French Canadians or anything (please separate), but next time someone mentions this to you, remind them that the only place left standing in New Orleans after the hurricane was the place settled by the French Canucks. That tells me that they were at least a little smarter than 90% of the other folks that settled around there :lol:

Rod

HAY MAKER said:
Oldtimer said:
HAY MAKER said:

Old Timer I get this funny feeling she was refering to the second definition :mad: :mad: .................good luck

That would truly be a slam to get called a frenchman :lol: :lol:

We have a retired couple that moved up here from Louisiana- really nice folks...He works off and on for a neighbor of mine- just enough to keep his freezer full of beef.....Anyway whenever his wife gets mad at him thats what she calls him- he grins and says "yep, I'm bayou redneck thru and thru".....

Never did really know what it meant.....

I better go out and start feeding- Have been putting it off as its 16 below this morning....Had the feed truck running for about an hour now, so better get going......

In describing an Angus bull with such a feature, would a judge put him at the top of the class or at the bottom?

Haymaker, you weren't by any chance stripped down to striped boxers with "coon coloring". This might have given the lady cause to make her remarks. Maybe she was even trying to be complimentary. :wink: :)

I asked my son about this. Je was stationed for a year in Louisina. He said the same as OT.

What would be wrong with being a "good ol' boy, Cajun"? :wink:

When I worked in the oil patch a lot of guys had worked in Louisiana and they called the mixture of Cajun and black "coon asses".A long bladed knife was a "coon ass gun". :D :D :D

Haymaker; You shouldn't be insulted by a little cussing out; you get far worse on here almost on a daily basis! :lol: :lol: P.S. I sure hope your new date isn't named Elmo...............................that would take some real explaining :shock: :shock:

TXTibbs said:
oh..and Haymaker...how can you live your entire life in Texas and this is the first time anyone has ever called you a Coon Ass........come on your not fooling us! :wink:

Yes this the only time I been called a coon ass,kinda surpriised me as I thought terms like that were reserved for people like you,so I figgered I would get the boards opinion,now answer a question who is "us" you and the other eleven bitter folks that dont care for Texans?

tree2.gif

cowsense said:
Haymaker; You shouldn't be insulted by a little cussing out; you get far worse on here almost on a daily basis! :lol: :lol: P.S. I sure hope your new date isn't named Elmo...............................that would take some real explaining :shock: :shock:

IM not insulted,especially since I talked to elmo,and found out he was pinching her butt when I was in the mens room,but I do feel cheated I get called a "coon ass" and did'nt even get ta pinch her butt :???: by the way we Texans like our ladies all women,unlike you saskatchewan sissies :D :D :D :D .................good luck

Haymaker- My sister and her Norwegian husband got back home to Texas and said that the temps had actually been warmer in Norway than in Texas while they were gone.. I guess they ended up with a couple of frozen outside faucets....

Got up to 2 ABOVE here today-- Predicting 12-15 Below tonite - but the warm spell is "supposed" to be starting tomorrow.......

Yeah weather has really been crazy around here OT,it's supposed to get interesting next week,maybe a lil snow,and I will sure take it! been the driest year I can remember in a long time,I am watching my hay supply real close,I sure would hate to sell down again,have you got all your xmas shopping done ?................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
have you got all your xmas shopping done ?................good luck

I think so--Not much of a shopper- Took the cattle buyer boys I work with sometimes, a bottle of Crown for their Christmas party- gave the stockyards ladies a case of their favorite low carb beer...Told Grandma to pick herself a new dishwasher and I think I'm done....What little shopping I do Grandma makes up for-Has about bought every store in town out for the grandkids....

Oldtimer said:
HAY MAKER said:
have you got all your xmas shopping done ?................good luck

I think so--Not much of a shopper- Took the cattle buyer boys I work with sometimes, a bottle of Crown for their Christmas party- gave the stockyards ladies a case of their favorite low carb beer...Told Grandma to pick herself a new dishwasher and I think I'm done....What little shopping I do Grandma makes up for-Has about bought every store in town out for the grandkids....

Well let her spoil those grand kids good! then send em home :D I still gotta get in the mood ,but IM working on it :wink: ...............good luck

Latest posts