• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Corral Designs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We put in a very small set of pens (Just replaced the old wood ones basically) with guardrail and rail ties this past year. The guard rail is getting rela hard to get with scra prices so god but we found a source of a c channel type of rail that looks better and was a eck of a lot cheaper. Heavier guage of metal to.. Would have been big time expensive to build on those giant systems but it works well for us, and we use an old barn as part of the system too. Only think I need to do is get the 4 acre pen integrated into it to use for sorting so I can cut of the calves easier from the cows.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Up here posts and poles go in the ground. Rails are used to build fences.

Careful BMR.............Tap will be inviting you and Tibbs to help dig in them poles...............would take a pretty tough and determined son of a gun to get them 17 footers set so theres 5 or 6 feet sticking out to hang your "rails" on. I could lend you a couple of extensions for the post hole diggers but I would need photgraphic evidence that you were actually digging :!: :twisted: :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

hey, if ya build a nice set of good working corrals along a highway, this subject might merge with that cow thieving subject. I've had some cows that were bygod rustler proof well perhaps rustler inhibiting.

I have thought about the cow theft deal myself Brad. In our area everybody knows everybody else's business, so I would hope they would know strange pickups and trailers at this location.

Maybe we should have a ranchers.net corral building get together, and get this done in about a day. On second thought, scratch that idea. :wink: :roll: :lol: Might be mass chaos.

Tap said:
I have thought about the cow theft deal myself Brad. In our area everybody knows everybody else's business, so I would hope they would know strange pickups and trailers at this location.

Maybe we should have a ranchers.net corral building get together, and get this done in about a day. On second thought, scratch that idea. :wink: :roll: :lol: Might be mass chaos.

If you had the group over at political bull digging the holes some of the posts would lean to the Left and some to the Right. The boys from up north would use slabs for wind break and the ones from Texas use oil field pipe.

Try this one Tibbs....A powerline company in Northern BC was running way behind, so they brought in a couple of outside crews to get the line finished. One crew was from Oregon, the other from Newfoundland. The foreman got everyone together and said, "We're gonna have us a little race to see who gets the most poles in the ground by the end of the job. Now quality of your work is more important than your quantity, but we've gotta deadline to meet. So let's get at it and there's a case of whiskey to the winning crew!"

So, the men hit her hard that first day, and when they all pulled into camp at dark the foreman gathered everyone again and said, "Well men, I'm impressed. Our Canadian boys came out one pole ahead of the Americans, at 28 and 27 respectively. But I've gotta ask what you Newfies were doing? My strawboss tells me you only got 3 poles in the ground all day. What gives?"

The Newfie foreman bellers out, "You said quality was more important than quantity there b'y. We're the only ones what got 'em buried all the way in the ground!"

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Lord I apologize for that there.....

Latest posts