• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cows, Owls & Ice Water

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dylan Biggs

Reaction score
Cut ice for cows after feeding some pellets (cake), this is one of two holes.
PIC_1262.jpg

Short Eared Owl watching the ice cutting.
PIC_1259.jpg

Cows starting to come for a drink.
PIC_1292.JPG

A 3 yr old taking a drink.
PIC_1273.jpg

Some other cows on the way in.
92M
PIC_1300.jpg

92M's 3 yr old Daughter.
PIC_1283.jpg

4S
PIC_1291.jpg

A cow from B.C.
PIC_1306.jpg

30R a registered Angus
PIC_1302.jpg

Snowy Owl on the way home.
PIC_1316.jpg

Sunset the night before.
PIC_1094.jpg

PIC_1159.jpg

The best in the New Year everyone! :)

gcreekrch said:
Your cattle are wintering well Dylan. Where in BC did you get cows from?

So far so good gcreek, hopefully conditions for grazing stay favorable.

We got a handful of cows from a bull customer of ours at Lumby when they sold out the last of their cows in 2008.

They had simmi/herf cross cow herd for years then they started adding some Angus before they sold out.

Dylan Biggs said:
burnt said:
I find owls fascinating! Whoo whoo whoowhoooo doesn't?
:lol:

Thanks Burnt, what Owls do you have there in the winter.

We have a barn owl that thinks our barn is a pretty cool place to hang out. It finds a few meals out around the hay ground and the granaries. :? They are actually on the threatened species list here in Ontario.

We also have great horned owls, but not very common. They are a very majestic bird to see in flight. I think we have snowy owls as well, but haven't seen one for a few years. Owls are generally pretty shy, it seems. Which is why your pictures caught my attention.

Dylan, you are kind of an icehole......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................chopping kind of a guy! :D Nice hooters ya got there! :wink:

Dylan Biggs said:
We actually had two holes so I guess that makes me a double icehole................ :)

You might wanta see a doctor about that! :shock: :lol: :lol: Glad you took my warped humor for what it is!! :wink:

Dylan Biggs said:
gcreekrch said:
Dylan Biggs said:
Vale Farms

Charlotte and Michael Ruechel

Heard of them but never crossed paths. We sold our calves through Valley Auction in Armstrong for several years so know a lot of faces from that area.
Thanks.

No problem Gcreek, where do you sell now?

Wherever we think the most dollars will be left in our pockets, this year calves and cull cows went privately. BC Livestock in Williams Lake have sold a lot of our cattle over the years also. Team once, and a couple of times on the satelite sale.

leanin' H said:
Dylan Biggs said:
We actually had two holes so I guess that makes me a double icehole................ :)

You might wanta see a doctor about that! :shock: :lol: :lol: Glad you took my warped humor for what it is!! :wink:

No problem Leanin H, I have been told I can be a bit "icey" at times, nothing like the "Ice Man" but still plenty cold, I don't believe it though. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts