• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crazy weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

3 M L & C

Reaction score
Had thunderstorm warnings out the wazoo tonight all over nw Kansas. Ping pong ball hail covered ground at our place. Two different tornadoes came through our county. Done a little damage in a small town. High was close to 70. Strange for mid November. But it gets better. Blizzard warnings already posted for tomorrow and tomorrow night. :eek: As long as it's wet we will take it for sure!! :D

We started a beautiful day, got the calves out to graze and the bull calves fed then went and had a coffee with Dad. Came out the wind was getting up, the clouds rolled in and the temp dropped. Just a miserable day.

No moisture. :?

Ended up with around 1.5" rain. Exact amount unclear as hail broke the gauge. Then got 4" of wet wet snow. Not the "up to 15" that said on the warning but west of up I'm sure it was lots more. Snow should be gone at our place tomorrow. Says 45 for tomorrow. Great moisture for sure.

East of you, we had an inch of rain overnight. This afternoon we were close to 70 with sunshine.

This morning +62F with heavy rain and + 40MPH wind - - - I doubt the cattle will leave the barn until after noon when the rain and wind are supposed to stop today!

Forecast is for +25F this weekend with snow flurries then back to the +50s next - - - just a roller coaster!

Does 2" of rain in 4 hours count if it is all blowing south?

Down to +56F which would be very comfortable if we were not getting a constant north wind of 30 to 40 MPH with gust of 50 MPH. I doubt there will be any deer hunters this evening- - - any deer with a brain has found a nice shelter to hold up in!

I fed my cattle 3 hours early this afternoon as I did not want to get back out - - - they are all dry and in the loafing shed with no south wall - - - no wind at all and they seem very content to stay in the dry and just watch what is going on around them.

0 the wind here is brutal so I will go to the sale, calf prices might be worse than the wind?

Latest posts