• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Crazy Year

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
Been pretty busy this year and only hitting a few sites.

To catch everyone up. My daughter's 4-H steer was disqualified from the sale due to not being finished. It did disappoint her but after a few tears she said she plans to do better this next. Already has her next steer picked out. Told her to name him Kick Azz because that is what her fellow 4-H members kept telling her. She said she was pretty sure the judge would not like that. So I told her to name him KA402. Just shakes her head at me.

She gave us a pretty bad scare. She was driving our Polaris Ranger home from the school bus stop and was going too fast and hit some loose gravel and rolled it. A neighbor found her. She was Mercy Flighted out. She broke the small bone on the left side of her pelvis into 3 pieces. It is stable so no pinning needed. Has a tear in her ACL and a fracture around the top of her tibulia. Lots of road rash too. Had to stay in the hospital from several days. She is home and back in school and chomping at the bit to get back to normal. She told us it was her fault. Just glad it has all turned out for the best.

Because of her accident Hubby ended up setting up her bed and a bed for me up at the new house, The bathrooms were done; luckily. So much easier to help her take a shower in the new house compared to this old house. Got the insulation and 1/4" OSB board down and got carpet put down in both kid's room. So both kid's are moved in and I am still sleeping in the craft room on the bed there. Pretty close to us moving in too.

Cannot believe our son is going to graduate high school! Went in today and got his cap and gown ordered. He has already planned his pictures and has refused to tell me anything about them! Ok that makes me nervous. He is looking at a diesel mechanic course at the college north of us. Also talking about getting a CDL. Must have done something right. He is pretty much standing on his own 2 feet and planning his future.

So glad she is doing good. The Big Guy was watching over her thank goodness. Congratulations to your son.

Thank God she is recovering well. Those injuries are painful, and slow to recover from. I broke a pelvis in March, and I can do most things, but not much of it. Still haven't been horseback since, but am ready to try it soon. She has youth in her favor, so hopefully will do more and faster.

She keeps trying to cheat and walk with out the crutches but when I catch her she gets a "look" and she stops. Doctor told us to expect at least 4 months of having trouble moving and healing and at least 6 months of having trouble sitting down. Pillows help.

All agree that her guardian angel lost a few feathers that day. I aged at least 10 years.

She can hardly wait til she can get back on her feet and working with the cattle.

Went to see the ortho doc today. He cleared our daughter to now start walking without crutches and the wheel chair. that was one happy kid!

You may want to look into a mattress topper for her bed, it may help.

We sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress, and a few years ago the wife got a topper from WalMart and it was OK. Well, it began to go south early this summer so we ordered a topper from My Pillow during one of their RFD TV promos. Some of the best money we ever spent (besides the Tommie Copper products for her). The Tempurpedic is the only mattress we'll even consider anymore, but the topper makes it better and even more comfortable. I can be stiff and sore at the end of the day, and I can just lay down and the aches and pains just melt away.

FWIW.

FH she is 13. Doctor said she would have to wait til she is 15 or 16 to have her ACL repaired.

loomix she got a brand new mattress that is a pillow top. She said it is really comfortable.

Latest posts