• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Daschle's Wife Opposes His '08 Run

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
From News Max

Daschle's Wife Opposes His '08 Run

Former Sen. Tom Daschle is said to be mulling a run for the White House in 2008, but his wife is reportedly dead-set against the idea.

A longtime friend of the South Dakota Democrat told Roll Call's "Heard on the Hill" column that Daschle is "thinking about" launching a presidential campaign.

But another friend said his powerhouse lobbyist wife Linda is "steadfastly opposed" to her husband running, although the friend believes the former Senate Minority and Majority Leader will run anyway.

Both friends said they thought Linda Daschle would be loath to give up her successful lobbying job and "slog through an uphill battle of a presidential primary with her husband," the Roll Call column disclosed.

Daschle's longtime political advisor Steve Hildebrand, however, claimed that Daschle's wife would support any decision he might make, although he added that "the chance of him running isn't even great."

Daschle first won election to the Senate in 1986 but was narrowly defeated by Republican John Thune in 2004.

Ya, I agree...... But what if we have no choice??????? What if we know the republican doesn't have a chance in hadies. And we have to vote demo to assure that the right demo gets in. Then what????

Don't worry. That's not gonna happen. And where would we find "the right Democrat" anyway? He/she/it doesn't exist, anyway as far as I am concerned.

There willl always be an Independent to vote for...

One must remember what each PARTY stands for and no Democrat stands for anything I believe in.

Now where is a good disclaimer to get myself out of hot water? :shock:

Honestly....we all should concentrate on the best person for the joband forget the " party".

kolanuraven said:
Honestly....we all should concentrate on the best person for the joband forget the " party".

I disagree. Everything that goes through Congress is voted on right down the party line. A person better figure out which of the two major parties best represent that person's interests, and vote for the best candidate running in that party. If you straddle the fence, all you end up doing is ripping the crotch out of your britches. And that hurts. :wink:

Soap, you are so right. An individual cannot accomplish much being at odds with their party. They wouldn't make it to first base for one thing.

So, we must decide which policies we most believe in. There is no doubt which party I am loyal to. And it is NOT the lesser of two evils. The dems solve no problems, because without creating problems they have nothing to stand on.

Thankfully, some of the talk radio hosts is getting the word out, over and above the liberal media. That is something we have not had much of before, and FOX news too, of course.

Too bad for some, straddling the fence is 'politically correct.'

kolanuraven said:

I agree.

Soapweed you are saying you'd vote in someone by party even if you could see they were a disaster waiting to happen? If they went against some of your moral issues? If they were going to be a loose cannon in government office?

Not voting based on party affiliation does not make one a fence strattler. Those that ride the fence don't make a decision at all. I've ripped the crotch outta my jeans it didn't hurt but sure made my face red. :oops:

Not voting based on party affiliation does not make one a fence strattler. Those that ride the fence don't make a decision at all. I've ripped the crotch outta my jeans it didn't hurt but sure made my face red

back in 76, a fair republican faced off against a poor peanut farmer.....alot of fine moderate republicans figured the vote against Ford was a vote against Nixon,.... and Carter won.......

it hurt alot......

Factoid:

Carter-- peanut farmer YES
Carter-- poor peanut farmer WRONG!!!

Everything that goes through Congress is voted on right down the party line.

:???:
That isn't true.
Our own Senators prove that one time and again.

(for the out of staters, Nelson (D) and Hagel (R) are both well known for not voting along party lines. And it drives members of their respective parties absolutely bananas. :lol: )

I say go Tom, he's the best player on our team.

Everytime he opens his mouth, like a few other dems I could name, it drives people away from their party.

Hopefully old howie dean will make another run for it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Their fun to watch.

kerry on ther othe hand just plain made my blood boil, but a few of the others were pretty fun to watch. :wink:

Latest posts