• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DC hit by earthquake

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
It was a 5.8 earthquake and it was felt as far away as New York City.

Just updated to a 6.0 somewhere near Richmond VA.

Obama felt the earthquake on the golf course at Martha's Vineyard also.

All the Federal Building have been evacuated in DC and JFK Airport has been shut down.

The Pentagon was rocked and those inside said it felt just like it did on 9/11. With the anniversary of 9/11 so close it had to have scared those poor people.

loomixguy said:
It's either Bush's fault, or a vast conspiracy that never really happened!

OR :shock: maybe it was Shamwow and his sidekick Un-enlightenedboy. I have a feeling they have planned an earthquake so the Authorities would evacuated all the Federal buildings including the Pentagon so they could sneak in and get a peak at the files the government is hiding about 9/11? The proof will be if we see a continuation of new posts on the 9/11 truther thread here on Ranchers. :wink:

I was standing on concrete in Cumberland/Falmouth, Maine (next to Portland) powerwashing my employers squeeze chute listening to Mark Belling fill in for Rush and felt nothing.

Big Muddy figured out what it was that caused the Earth Quake it was all the Founding Fathers turning over in their graves at once. :wink:

Dateline: Washington DC

Happened on a little known fault line call Bush's Fault.

Obama administration points out they "inherited" fault lines from previous administrations.

As all of DC leaves work at the same time, the United States experiences a brief economic recovery.

Fox News claims the Washington monument is leaning to the right, MSNBC claims it's leaning to the left. More news at 11.

Krugman says it wasn't big enough.

Ben H said:
I was standing on concrete in Cumberland/Falmouth, Maine (next to Portland) powerwashing my employers squeeze chute listening to Mark Belling fill in for Rush and felt nothing.

I was up putting a new roof on my rickety ol shop.. never felt a thing..

My wife was shopping, she thought the store was hit by a truck..

all the neighbors felt it.. one came running to see if my shop fell over..

my wife called to see if I was ok.. (she was worried about my shop falling over)..

I guess my place is on more solid ground then theirs.. and I know my shop is earthquake proof.. it's good up to about 5.8..

funny thing though.. I measured the new joists twice.. double checked everything, cut them twice.. and when I went to put them up, they are off by about an 1/4 inch.. I guess the shop musta shifted a bit? :oops:

Steve said:
funny thing though.. I measured the new joists twice.. double checked everything, cut them twice.. and when I went to put them up, they are off by about an 1/4 inch.. I guess the shop musta shifted a bit? :oops:

a good carpenter, never blames an earthquake for his mistakes..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:

a good carpenter, never blames an earthquake for his mistakes..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

who said I was a good carpenter.. seems no matter how many times I cut a board, it always comes out a bit short..

yep.. earthquakes are only good for stalling recoveries..

Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:

who said I was a good carpenter.. seems no matter how many times I cut a board, it always comes out a bit short..

Have some friends on the West Coast giving some guys in the "Earthquake zone" the gears. One of them posted this:

DC Earthquake Devastation

virgniaquake.jpg

http://jmckinley.posterous.com/dc-earthquake-devastation

I'm glad everybody is okay and damage was minor.

Steve said:
I'd be willing to bet that the Obama bunch were so giddy with excitement over this earthquake that they were almost ejaculating all over the golf course - just thinking of the new 'stimulus' money they could throw at this. Route it through FEMA as disaster relief and target the poor, unemployed Black folk in DC to work as contractors. Thus satisfying their newest critics in the Black community over the Black unemployment issue. And anybody that speaks out against it would be labeled as a racist not willing to help with a natural disaster.

Texan said:
Steve said:
I'd be willing to bet that the Obama bunch were so giddy with excitement over this earthquake that they were almost ejaculating all over the golf course - just thinking of the new 'stimulus' money they could throw at this. Route it through FEMA as disaster relief and target the poor, unemployed Black folk in DC to work as contractors. Thus satisfying their newest critics in the Black community over the Black unemployment issue. And anybody that speaks out against it would be labeled as a racist not willing to help with a natural disaster.

taxes will have to be raised, that's for sure.

WTH please......Tridadad had 3 yesterday. 2.9 at 1:30 pm 4.6 at 5:30 and 5.8 at 540 pm I felt the last one...LOL thought the guys working on the grain bins did something. Horses looked around and thought I heard thunder aways off LOL. But I guess we are BFE so it dont matter LOL

MsSage said:
WTH please......Tridadad had 3 yesterday. 2.9 at 1:30 pm 4.6 at 5:30 and 5.8 at 540 pm I felt the last one...LOL thought the guys working on the grain bins did something. Horses looked around and thought I heard thunder aways off LOL. But I guess we are BFE so it dont matter LOL

With that many earthquakes in that short of time, the Founding Fathers that were buried in that area much have been spinning in their graves. :wink:

Tweeted by - BrandyLeaPhotos RT @flyguy40k: According to Fox News the Washington Monument is leaning to the right, MSNBC is reporting it's leaning to the left. #dcquake #Earthquake about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite

It's gonna take a bit to patch this one up again -

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/08/what-really-happened-national-cathedral-quake/41644/

They were saying the Washington Monument has been closed as cracks were found at the top after the quake. So it could be that both are right as it might be leaning both ways.

Latest posts