• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deadliest Catch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I am sure lots of people will be dealing with fence breaks at the creeks. I had one where I just run a hot wire across. The creek was still pretty high and it is at a wide spot. Yesterday I stapled the wire to a post and tried to pitch it over but the wind was opposite the current so it didn't work. This morning I made a grappling hook like the use on the crab boats and attached a couple of lunge lines. A light poly rope would have been better but I didn't have any on hand. It took a few tosses but I caught the wire and pulled it across and got the hot wire working.
Amazing what you can learn watching TV. Very Happy

I fasten small vice grips to poly wire to throw it across a creek, then put a big nut or a short piece of old garden hose on the wire to hold it down just above the water before hooking to electric fencer.

Thanks for this........My vision of this deal is the big footed greenhorn throwing the line , high stepping through the line and making about three spins and ending up in the crick.

phantom said:
Thanks for this........My vision of this deal is the big footed greenhorn throwing the line , high stepping through the line and making about three spins and ending up in the crick.

Almost. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phantom said:

You're just trying to rock the boat. :D

Me a boatrocker???? ain't you the guy that said I looked like a cross between Oldtimer and a Jackass???? To me, That's rocking the boat..........By the way, Wilford is mad at you too.....

phantom said:
Me a boatrocker???? ain't you the guy that said I looked like a cross between Oldtimer and a Jackass???? To me, That's rocking the boat..........By the way, Wilford is mad at you too.....

That didn't rock the boat it almost SWAMPED it as we all leaned over the side laughing. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phantom said:

Oh man, there are no words to express my sincere apologies to both you and the mule. That was lower than snake crap in a wagon track and I may never forgive myself for the mistake. Hopefully you, the mule, and Wilford can find it in your hearts to forgive me. :oops:

Latest posts