• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dear Disagreeable:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score
Looks like you've " noogied" some heads here!! Good goin', making people think and that's always good!

Kudos to ya!!

Yep. good to mix some fiction, and some just plain wrong with the truth. That way, we have fun, sorting it out. It takes a real easy scan for your Disagreeable. Thanks for being consistent. I appreciate it. :)

kolanuraven said:
Looks like you've " noogied" some heads here!! Good goin', making people think and that's always good!

Kudos to ya!!

Thanks. Believe me, it's been a pleasure to "nogg" some heads on this site. :lol:

reader (the Second) said:
Where are the moderates? It's depressing that there can't be civil though heated debates here.

I'm afraid the moderates on both sides have been drowned out by the slash and burn tactics of the Bush Bunch. From the beginning of their campaign when their whispering campaign against John McCain was successful to outing a CIA agent for political purposes, they've "lifted" politics to a new low.

Or have I entered Oz and am deluding myself that I'm still in Kansas? I'm in far right Bush can never err land it appears.

Don't get me wrong. I have supported some of the administration's actions and with my insight into how the Govt functions since I consult for many of the Govt agencies, I respect our system. Now how I can be seen as a Communist "leftista" is beyond me. How large is this far right and how big a percentage of the agricultural community?

I, too, respect our system, but I don't think the far Right (Bush Bunch) respects our system. They want it all. I don't believe this far right is very large and I think the Terri Schiavo incident in Congress woke up a lot of moderates to how much influence these few right wingers have with this Administration. As for the ag community, it's hard to say. I really think it's pretty reflective of the population in general. Lots of people are involved in ranching only part time.

I have a ton of conservative friends. Afterall I live in Washington D.C. area. But even my most conservative Texas friends stop short of what I read here.

I'm convinced that these people, Katrina, FH, Brad, etc., aren't representative of farmers and ranchers across the US. More and more Conservatives are speaking out against Bush.

I think most of us " moderates" are just wanting the super-duper right wingers to bark themselves out and be quiet and go back under the porch.

Really, since Bush is a lame duck...lamer than normal...Prez right now...it is just a "hurry up and wait "deal and hope for the best .

I travel and have traveled the world A LOT..and in all those millions of miles and years I have NEVER encountered such hatred, disgust, distrust for American/Americans than I have in the last few Bush years. That's bad for us, our kids, grandkids, etc. This feeling against the US that has arisen with this presidency won't go away when he's out of office.

I do feel sorry for the next Prez, be they Rep or Dem, cause they will have a lot of fence mending to do.

kolanuraven said: "This feeling against the US that has arisen with this presidency won't go away when he's out of office."
(my italics)

Come on, now, Kolanuraven,

You can be against the Iraq war all you want, but don't tell me Bush is responsible for anti-American resentment around the world. Believe it or not, I've done my fair share of traveling, and anti-Americanism has been around for a lot longer than Bush has been president or even governor.

The Sept.11 attacks were coordinated for years during the Clinton presidency, after all. Why so much anti-Americanism during the feel-good Clinton years? Because hatred for America and Americans has virtually nothing to do with any administration.

Until the U.S. economy crashes, we lose all power in the world, and are utterly humiliated, anti-American resentment will continue to fester.

In the meantime, they'll continue to hate us while listening to hip hop, drinking coke, and watching Mission Impossible movies.

Oh I'm not saying that the Bush presidency is the " source" of the bad feelings....BUT..you can't disagree when I say that the level of " dislike" for us Americans has INCREASED significantly under this admn.

Even "W's" Daddy had sense enough to leave Saddam alone. Sometimes is best to keep your enemies right beside you where you can watch them. Now it's like they've kicked an ant hill and the " terrorists/bad guys" are running loose everywhere instead of staying put in one mound.

And I wasn't claiming to be the only person in the world who has been across the pond...but if you have traveled a lot overseas...surely you've noticed a difference in the response to us Americans.

W's daddy's time as pres and W's are alot different. A nobrain Clinton went in-between, and practically encouraged terrorist growth. The terrorists loved that. Now, that they can't, of course people hate us. AND, people with ideas like you have arisen and therefore...

kolanuraven said:
Oh I'm not saying that the Bush presidency is the " source" of the bad feelings....BUT..you can't disagree when I say that the level of " dislike" for us Americans has INCREASED significantly under this admn.

Even "W's" Daddy had sense enough to leave Saddam alone. Sometimes is best to keep your enemies right beside you where you can watch them. Now it's like they've kicked an ant hill and the " terrorists/bad guys" are running loose everywhere instead of staying put in one mound.

And I wasn't claiming to be the only person in the world who has been across the pond...but if you have traveled a lot overseas...surely you've noticed a difference in the response to us Americans.

I take heart with the small things. I take a friend to the doctor on an Army base occasionally. A year ago every TV set in the waiting areas was on FOX News. We went yesterday and all the sets that I saw were tuned to CNN, same in the medical lab and Radiology. I've read that FOX's ratings are dropping, that they've talked to Wesley Clark about a show. If that's the case, they'll turn on this war just as hard as they supported it last year.

Latest posts