• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deceit, deception and desperation?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101 said:
agman said:
Oldtimer said:
Looks to me like if R-CALF's goal was to keep Canadian live cattle from glutting the market and lowering US prices, they have accomplished what they wanted...The stringent USDA rules for live import, which R-CALF lobbied for, and the unknown aspect of what will happen next with the border- (will it be closed again in appeal?- will Canadian origin beef be banned from sale in the US?) have sure kept the live cattle movements to very few......

Not too bad while taking a timeout..... :wink:

You still cannot get your facts straight can you regarding the border closure and current prices? You still think the closure is the reason for higher prices in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That really qualifes you OT. You are as wrong about that event as you have been with your legal advice-wrong on all counts.

No the boreder will not be closed even if there is an appeal. There is little if any chance that the full court will take this case since it was a unanimous decision from the presiding judges. You heard it here first.

Sounds like you have been talking behind closed doors.

Once again you demonstrate how truly little you know about this case also. No, I just fully understand how truly phony Judge Cebull's ruling was. How he copied verbatim including spelling errors approximately two-thirds of his opinion directly from R-Calf's brief. I would not expect you to know that since like the Pickett case you have not read his opinion. That said, you still profess to have all the answers!!! Give the world a break from your fantasy world.

agman said:
Econ101 said:
agman said:
You still cannot get your facts straight can you regarding the border closure and current prices? You still think the closure is the reason for higher prices in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. That really qualifes you OT. You are as wrong about that event as you have been with your legal advice-wrong on all counts.

No the boreder will not be closed even if there is an appeal. There is little if any chance that the full court will take this case since it was a unanimous decision from the presiding judges. You heard it here first.

Sounds like you have been talking behind closed doors.

Once again you demonstrate how truly little you know about this case also. No, I just fully understand how truly phony Judge Cebull's ruling was. How he copied verbatim including spelling errors approximately two-thirds of his opinion directly from R-Calf's brief. I would not expect you to know that since like the Pickett case you have not read his opinion. That said, you still profess to have all the answers!!! Give the world a break from your fantasy world.

Give it a break, Agman. I don't care if Cebull copied R-Calf's brief. Maybe he agreed with them. The appellate court on the Pickett case was either corrupt, incompetent, or just used someone else's work in their brief that did not know economics. They showed that with their Robinson-Patman example. As I said, I know the person who gave them(the USDA) the RPA argument. That said, you can go back to your fantasy world.

Give it a break, Agman. I don't care if Cebull copied R-Calf's brief. Maybe he agreed with them. The appellate court on the Pickett case was either corrupt, incompetent, or just used someone else's work in their brief that did not know economics. They showed that with their Robinson-Patman example. As I said, I know the person who gave them(the USDA) the RPA argument. That said, you can go back to your fantasy world

I thought the case was judged on the food safety merits. It's pretty hard to argue you lost on economics in the case and then file an appeal based on food safety!

Murgen,

In my response to Agman I was talking about Pickett, not the border closing. I have real reservations about USDA on their ability to call the game when we know they are biased. With the talk on this board there are serious questions about your government's ability to regulate the packers up there also.

On this question, I am totally with the consumer. A Candian calf can not be any different than a Montana calf except for argument purposes. Rkaiser has already shed his opinion of possible reasons the border was closed in BSE and I can see his point. In both the Canadian and U.S. cases I really don't believe the consumer can trust either govt. when the committees with oversight into the ag. departments are getting so much money from the packers.

It is really crafty how, if you believe rkaiser, the packers closed the border for a period of time and then gets to blame the whole thing on R-Calf. I would suspect that the USDA has problems with 100% testing of cattle because more cases would show up and they would have to deal with it. Probably the same with Canada.

It is funny that most of the BSE cases have been traced to cattle being fed the offal that Jason I believe(no disrespect here), called efficiency at the packing plants. These guys really know how to escape judgement for their actions. If BSE could be traced back to this cash cow they developed why should they not pay for every bit of damage? I guess packers being responsible for their actions is too much to ask for. I guess only producers like you and Jason should be responsible for being efficient enough and responsible enough to make it in the market or go out of business.

Latest posts