• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer season

webfoot

Reaction score
I planned to take this buck out of the gene pool. He was on the short list last year but disappeared during season. He is a 3 1/2 year old buck. Three points on one side 4 on the other, 18 inches tall with a spread on top slightly less than 5 inches. He was in the hay field on opening morning. Shot off the deck. First time I have shot one in my stocking feet. Didn't even have my boots on yet.

Attachments

• PA022152.JPG
    PA022152.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 7

DaneG

Reaction score
Season isn’t open here yet, but I winged one tonight the weapon used was a Ford Escape I even slowed down cause it was a high deer population area but it was determined to cross from the field to the bush. Clipped it with the plastic bumper and took out the headlight, I was able to drive away guess it could have been worse, despite that mishap I still enjoyed the evening at the handgun club.

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
We hit one with our Honda Crosstour. Thought for sure we had done a lot of damage. Got home and checked, NOTHING! No damage.
We have so many whitetail deer, I have began to hate them. The deer are starting to come down to the buildings around here because it is so dry.
As much as I hate them, I don't want them to starve. This winter in the north is going to be hard on wildlife, I fear. We will see when the elk
come down. There isn't much for them on the Big Horn mountains. It was a very dry summer there too.

Nicky

Reaction score
Good job, we didn't get tags...imagine that :mad: When we were in Mt we couldn't believe how many deer and antelope were in the fields, crazy.

webfoot

Reaction score
Nicky, which unit are you in? I know a rancher on the other side of I-84 in the Lookout Mountain unit. He has 7,000 acres and didn't get a landowner preference tag. That is two times in 3 years that he didn't get a tag. I guarantee you nobody else is going to be hunting on his property. I am in the Sumpter unit. I get 3 LOP tags for the kids and me every year.

Latest posts