• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

*&%#@** deer!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
NOW I'm cranky!!!! Could somebody please tell me why, when you finally get a real nice vehicle that you REALLY like, a stinking deer has to jump in front of it and totally destroy the front end???? Hubby smacked a deer this morning with our shiny black truck, and it appears by all counts that it will be written off. *&%#@*! He hit it on the same road that my Mom and Dad hit one with their new minivan a month and a half ago. There is waaaaay too many in this neck of the woods. As far as I'm concerned those long-legged rats should all be exterminated!

But they're soo cute-what direction are you from the Robin's Nest I couldn't see a grove of firs for the life of me from the gas pumps the other day lol. You better head over to Delisle on 10/20 Ty has to go there and get a football lesson from those big stubblejumpers.

Greg came home with simmular story the other day...guy he works with just bought brand new car...deer ran into it, flipped through side window,cut the guy up pretty bad and wrote off his new car. This time of year I HATE driving in dark,morning or night deer everywhere.

Shelly said:
NOW I'm cranky!!!! Could somebody please tell me why, when you finally get a real nice vehicle that you REALLY like, a stinking deer has to jump in front of it and totally destroy the front end???? Hubby smacked a deer this morning with our shiny black truck, and it appears by all counts that it will be written off. *&%#@*! He hit it on the same road that my Mom and Dad hit one with their new minivan a month and a half ago. There is waaaaay too many in this neck of the woods. As far as I'm concerned those long-legged rats should all be exterminated!

I feel for you, Shelly :( :( . sw was driving down I-90 (pulling a stock trailer)toward Billings when a deer jumped across, smashed the front and wound around and smashed the side past the back seat (truck's a 4-door) :( . New truck, made me ill. We've all hit our share of deer out here, there are way too many here, too. I'm lucky our insurance company allows us a deer a year without raising our insurance rates.

Northern Rancher said:
But they're soo cute-what direction are you from the Robin's Nest I couldn't see a grove of firs for the life of me from the gas pumps the other day lol. You better head over to Delisle on 10/20 Ty has to go there and get a football lesson from those big stubblejumpers.

What day were you in Vanscoy? Look southwest, actually just drive heading in that general direction. As for football, you know those Delisle boys are pretty good! I hope you all don't get your butts whooped too bad! :wink: :)

Shelly said:

Dearest Shelly,

I am really glad to see you vent your anger on something other than your husband. After all, he was in conrol of the vehicle that hit the deer and knew of the impending dangers on that "same" road.

By blaming the deer instead of the hubby has shown us how deep your love is for this Canucklehead. Love is blind.

Dr. Mike

Hanta Yo said:
Shelly said:

I feel for you, Shelly :( :( . sw was driving down I-90 (pulling a stock trailer)toward Billings when a deer jumped across, smashed the front and wound around and smashed the side past the back seat (truck's a 4-door) :( . New truck, made me ill. We've all hit our share of deer out here, there are way too many here, too. I'm lucky our insurance company allows us a deer a year without raising our insurance rates.

Do you ever notice you NEVER hit them with an old, ugly vehicle, though? We've always driven older well-used vehicles, never even come close to any *&%#@** deer!

Shelly, I feel for you and know a bit of what you are talking about. 2 1/2 years ago, I was heading into town on Boxing Day and smacked a doe on an icy road and they wrote off my Safari minivan. I said "Boy, I'm glad I wasn't driving my pickup".

Wouldn't you know it, the next nite we were heading off to hockey and a big 10 pointer came up out of the ditch and smacked in the front of my Chevy! Broke 3 out of 4 legs and the poor beggar was trying to crawl away. We fixed the truck.

Game warden lived 1/2 mile from there and came and finished it off. It was a massive deer, weighed close to 300 lbs. Hardly any usable meat left on it.

This fall, between shotgun and archery, we can get tags for 13 deer per hunter. They are seeing the light, but too late. The iunsurance companies are getting sick of the amount of claims they are having to pay out.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
This fall, between shotgun and archery, we can get tags for 13 deer per hunter. They are seeing the light, but too late. The iunsurance companies are getting sick of the amount of claims they are having to pay out.

I wish we could arrange to have your DNR guys transferred to our area. We're still a 2 tag zone, despite over population like mad. Last year, I counted a herd of over a hundred chowing down one of my hay crops in the evening. I tore off after them with my pickup truck, but the next night they were all back again.

Rod

Around here, a lot of guys will hunt in gangs and drive out a block or two at a time. In the last few years, they often had their shotgun tag full (one each) in one or two days. A few would get their second tag last year, but this year the MNR seems to have pulled out all the stops. I can't imagine anyone wanti8ng that many deer.

Actually NR, go southeast. Dang, I'm bad with directions! If you went southwest, Lord knows where you'd end up!

Is Delisle's team just as good as they have been in previous years? They don't have Andrew Busby anymore, so was just wondering.

Mike said:
Shelly said:

Dearest Shelly,

I am really glad to see you vent your anger on something other than your husband. After all, he was in conrol of the vehicle that hit the deer and knew of the impending dangers on that "same" road.

By blaming the deer instead of the hubby has shown us how deep your love is for this Canucklehead. Love is blind.

Dr. Mike

Tooo funny Mike! Actually, if the truth be known, I asked how bad the truck was, and never even thought to ask if he was all right. I just figured since he was talking to me on his cell phone, he came out of it without a scratch. Can't say the same for the deer!

I feel for ya Shelly. I smacked a deer two weeks ago... :mad: I went back to find him so I could kick the sh** outta him.. :mad: :mad: :mad: I couldn't find him. Must of rolled him down the raveen.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ahummmm........Excuse me, but it wa shelly's husband and mr greg on the first page who hit the deer, so it aint a woman thingy.... That dog won't hunt.. :roll: You are going to be in so much trouble..... What if your wife finds out????

Katrina Katrina Katrina, now did you notice that Hanta Yo is telling stories about the deer I hit, NOT the ones she has smacked? Her memory must be slipping, she has taken more of them out than I ever have and she makes me do all of the driving. The bad thing we got going here, a whole bunch of elk have crossed the highway going north, then they cross back to the river to the south for water. They tend to go through the windshield since they have longer legs. I'm staying home for the rest of the fall.

Latest posts