• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

definition of a Patriot

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lonecowboy

Reaction score
The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility and out of self-interest for himself, his family, and the future of his country to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state." — Ron Paul

This one works for me0 what is your definition of a Patriot?

I went to the quote sites to look for a quote I hold dear...yeah oldtimers set in and I cant remember it fully LOL
I am saddened by what I found...there are no longer quotes supporting but 99% are against and how wrong Patriotism is..............

The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility and out of self-interest for himself, his family, and the future of his country to resist government abuse of power.

I would question the self interest part, as most patriots didn't fair to well,.. then or now..

usually when you go against a government it isn't in your own self interest..

to see some views.. (I think a few really said it well),, but I didn't fully agree with any single one...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Patriot&defid=4064071

I think most have an idea that standing up for what is right and God given is not always the easiest path. but needs to be done..

Latest posts