• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deliberately twisting intelligence reports

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
More and more is coming out about how the Bush Bunch used intelligence reports that supported their call for war with Iraq while they ignored those reports that didn't support their claims. The more I read, the madder I get. There is no word strong enough to describe a scumbag who would send young Americans off to die for their personal reasons. Link below; my emphasis.

'A top member of Al Qaeda in American custody was identified as a likely fabricator months before the Bush administration began to use his statements as the foundation for its claims that Iraq trained Al Qaeda members to use biological and chemical weapons, according to newly declassified portions of a Defense Intelligence Agency document.

The document, an intelligence report from February 2002, said it was probable that the prisoner, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, "was intentionally misleading the debriefers'' in making claims about Iraqi support for Al Qaeda's work with illicit weapons.

The document provides the earliest and strongest indication of doubts voiced by American intelligence agencies about Mr. Libi's credibility. Without mentioning him by name, President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Colin L. Powell, then secretary of state, and other administration officials repeatedly cited Mr. Libi's information as "credible'' evidence that Iraq was training Al 8Qaeda members in the use of explosives and illicit weapons.

Among the first and most prominent assertions was one by Mr. Bush, who said in a major speech in Cincinnati in October 2002 that "we've learned that Iraq has trained Al Qaeda members in bomb making and poisons and gases.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/politics/06intel.ready.html?pagewanted=print

Latest posts