• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Democrats Declare 'War On Moms'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
by Dana Loesch

Hilary Rosen, a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm of former Obama communications director Anita Dunn, charged that Ann Romney "hasn't worked a day in her life" and suggested that Ann Romney can't possibly understand economic issues because she's a lowly homemaker.

What you have is Mitt Romney running around the country saying, "Well, my wife tells me what women really care about are economic issues." And, "When I listen to my wife, that's what I'm hearing." Guess what? His wife has never actually worked a day in her life. She's never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing—in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and how do—why we worry about their future.

In the same breath Rosen ironically says:

... there's something much more fundamental about Mitt Romney—he just seems so old-fashioned when it comes to women, and I think that comes across, and I think that's going to hurt him over the long term. He just doesn't really see us as equal.

Yes, there is something old-fashioned about the belief that a homemaker couldn't understand the complexity of the economics affecting her household. Rosen apparently subscribes to the Linda Hirschman worldview, one that posits women are only as valuable as their contributions outside the home, unrelated to children and family. Rearing up the next generation that will someday run the world is woefully under appreciated.

From an overflow of the heart the mouth speaks and Rosen makes it clear that her prejudice against women who stay home stems from a lack of respect and appreciate for what those women do. If the goal of feminism is choice, Rosen betrays the mutual respect amongst members of the female sex by degrading the choices of other women.

Considering Ann Romney is a breast cancer survivor who reared five children and played the backbone to her successful husband, I'm not sure this is a battle Democrats want to pick.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/04/11/Hilary-Rosen-Romney#comments

Romney's wife knowing about women as compared to someone who has spent more on vacations in their lifetimes than any normal American will see in their lifetime. Yep the benito obama regime sure has a grasp on the American populace.

Just shows the arrogance and elitism of the left.
If being a housewife is nothing why do they charge for bookeepers, daycare, housecleaning services ands on and on. If it was nothing these services would be "free"

Mike Royko
Ladies, I Don't Think You Know What Work Is

By Mike Royko

Chicago Tribune: Tribune Media Services Inc.

``STUDENTS, faculty and guests of Wellesley College, welcome. As you know, Barbara Bush was supposed to be our commencement speaker. But at the last minute, she was asked to baby-sit for some of her grandchildren. Because she considers that to be a more fulfilling task, she has asked to be excused.

``In her absence, we have invited Chicago columnist Mike Royko to address you. Unlike Mrs. Bush, Mr. Royko has never been a housewife or mother. And he has a working career. So except for not being a female person, he fulfills the requirements of the 150 student feminists who signed petitions objecting to Mrs. Bush's presence. So I introduce Mr. Royko.''

``Thank you, Chancellor Whatsis, Dean Whoozits, and all the rest of you rich, Eastern elitists who have gathered at this citadel of snobbery.

``First, I would ask that nobody boo, jeer, or otherwise protest my presence, as I have a nervous stomach and that will make me throw up, which, in turn, will make you nauseous, causing some of you to retch, faint, or stampede toward the exits, thereby detracting from the solemnity of this occasion.

``Now for my commencement address. I will begin by saying that I know what you think I'm going to say. You think I'm going to give you the old `get out there and help make this a better world' routine, which is standard for commencement speeches.

``You expect me to tell you to think not only of yourself, but to do something with your lives that will help mankind - excuse me, I meant personkind. And that you should think of the downtrodden of society, the have-nots, and all the social ills that afflict our nation and the world.

``OK, if you want to be do-gooders, that's fine, as long as you don't get obnoxious about it. But chances are you won't, because you are more concerned with your own happiness than some stranger's, so we'll leave it at that.

``Instead, I would like to talk about the crummy way some of you treated Mrs. Bush, crabbing that she wasn't a worthy choice to speak here because she dropped out of college, got married, and was never anything but a wife, mother, grandmother and homemaker.

``Actually, I'm glad you did that, because it touched off a national debate and gave a lot of pundits a chance to get their minds off Lithuania and ponder your silliness.

``So I'd like to ask you a question. Those of you who have ever gone through 9 months of pregnancy and 12 hours of labor, raise your hands.

``That's what I thought.

``Now, those of you who have ever hauled yourself out of bed at midnight to change the diaper - non-disposable and with pins - and handle the late feeding of a baby, raise your hands.

``That's what I thought. Probably never made formula, either, right? Or boiled any nipples? Or had a boy baby wee in your eyes?

``OK, now I want to see a show of hands from any of you who have been up at 5 a.m., when the baby starts crying for a bottle, and stayed up all day taking care of the kid while getting the older kids off to school, then making dinner for the whole family, and finally collapsing into bed at 11 p.m.

``Uh-huh, as I suspected.

``Young female creatures, I don't think any of you know what work really is. You think a working career is tough? Let me tell you about working careers. In most of them, when 5 or 5:30 p.m. rolls around, you lock your desk, turn off the office light, and go over to Harry's Place for a drink.

``But at 5 or 5:30 p.m., a young Barbara Bush, or a young Wanda Kowalski, isn't turning off the office light and ordering a white wine.

``She's probably sitting there with a kid going through the terrible twos, and the kid is saying: `Why sun go down, Mama?' So she explains. And the kid says, `Why?' And she explains some more. And the kid says, `Why?' Ten more times the kid says, `Why?' Before she's done, she's into the meaning of the universe, and the kid is still asking, `Why?'

``Meanwhile, a pot is boiling over, two of the older kids are fighting over which channel to watch, and the dog is barking to go out before he ruins the rug.

``Or it's noon. You, in your real-world career, are going out for a power lunch. What's young Barbara, or Wanda, doing? She's just grabbed a load out of the washer and dumped it into the dryer, and is making a mad dash for the nursery school. Or maybe the pediatrician, because one of the kids has red spots all over the face and a 102 temperature.

``By the way, how many of you are adroit in the use of a rectal thermometer at 3 a.m.? Please hold up your hands. Uh-huh.

``This is an unfair question, I know, because of your ages. But have any of you taken a totally helpless infant and guided it through those important early developmental years, reading to it, playing educational games with it, then getting it through one grade after another of school, making sure it does homework, trying to teach right from wrong, providing decent, humane values, until finally one day you have before you a fully grown, mentally developed, useful, intelligent and likable human being - your very own creation?

``Do you realize how much mind-boggling, back-breaking, nerve-frazzling, self-depriving, 16-hour days of work this takes, if you are going to do it right? And you don't consider that a career?

``A final question: How many of you consider yourselves able to hit a good tennis backhand?

``Fine. I knew you had accomplished something.

``Well, in conclusion, I can only say: The back of my hand to you, too.''

Hillary Rosen apologized for her comments about Anne Romney. TOO LATE. She said it, then came back out and defended the comment. When the White House was asked about her relationship with White House Carney denied he even knew her, even though she has been at the White House 35 times while Panetta has only been at the White House 9 times. He then distracted the topic into two minute of Obama campaign talking points.

Face it she apologized when the backlash was more that she expected and it looked as if she was going to hurt Obama's re-election support with women. THEN she put out a forced apology. Every working mom needs to stop and think about how that working DNC advisor thinks they are so PRIVILAGED they could possably know the economic struggles of those that are force to work. :mad:

Tam said:
Hillary Rosen apologized for her comments about Anne Romney. TOO LATE. She said it, then came back out and defended the comment. When the White House was asked about her relationship with White House Carney denied he even knew her, even though she has been at the White House 35 times while Panetta has only been at the White House 9 times. He then distracted the topic into two minute of Obama campaign talking points.

Face it she apologized when the backlash was more that she expected and it looked as if she was going to hurt Obama's re-election support with women. THEN she put out a forced apology. Every working mom needs to stop and think about how that working DNC advisor thinks they are so PRIVILAGED they could possably know the economic struggles of those that are force to work. :mad:

You can always tell what the 'left" is up to, by what they accuse the "right" of doing.

their favorite strategy is to compare themselves to others in a manner that portrays them as good in comparison.

Psychological projection is a form of defense mechanism in which someone attributes thoughts, feelings, and ideas which are perceived as undesirable to someone else. For example, someone who harbors racist ideas while believing that racism is socially undesirable might come to believe that a friend is racist, projecting his or her racism onto the other person. Projection may manifest in all kinds of ways, and while it may be a defense mechanism, it can also be very destructive.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-psychological-projection.htm

Wow I think the Obama's just realized that the Dems just took a BIG hit with Women over Hilary Rosen's mouth. Both Michelle and Barak have commented on the Stay at Home Mom Attack. saying stay at home moms have a tough job and deserve respect. Now I wonder if Carney will stop running from the press's questions and admit this is the Hilary that has been at the White House 35 times?

But then she is not the only Dem that seems to have a contempt for Stay at Home Moms as Hillary Clinton made a nasty comment about how She could have stayed home and raised babies and drank tea but she chose to pursue her career. :roll:

Tam said:
Wow I think the Obama's just realized that the Dems just took a BIG hit with Women over Hilary Rosen's mouth. Both Michelle and Barak have commented on the Stay at Home Mom Attack. saying stay at home moms have a tough job and deserve respect. Now I wonder if Carney will stop running from the press's questions and admit this is the Hilary that has been at the White House 35 times?

But then she is not the only Dem that seems to have a contempt for Stay at Home Moms as Hillary Clinton made a nasty comment about how She could have stayed home and raised babies and drank tea but she chose to pursue her career. :roll:

Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits

Posted: 04/15/2012 7:04 am Updated: 04/15/2012 10:45 am

WASHINGTON -- Poor women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

The remark, made to a Manchester, N.H., audience, was unearthed by MSNBC's "Up w/Chris Hayes," and aired during the 8 a.m. hour of his show Sunday.

Ann Romney and her husband's campaign fired back hard at Rosen following her remark. "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work," Romney said on Twitter.

Mitt Romney, however, judging by his January remark, views stay-at-home moms who are supported by federal assistance much differently than those backed by hundreds of millions in private equity income. Poor women, he said, shouldn't be given a choice, but instead should be required to work outside the home to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. "[E]ven if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work," Romney said of moms on TANF.

Recalling his effort as governor to increase the amount of time women on welfare in Massachusetts were required to work, Romney noted that some had considered his proposal "heartless," but he argued that the women would be better off having "the dignity of work" -- a suggestion Ann Romney would likely take issue with.

"I wanted to increase the work requirement," said Romney. "I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, 'Well that's heartless.' And I said, 'No, no, I'm willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It'll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.'"

Regardless of its level of dignity, for Ann Romney, her work raising her children would not have fulfilled her work requirement had she been on TANF benefits. As HuffPost reported Thursday:

As far as Uncle Sam is concerned, if you're poor, deciding to stay at home and rear your children is not an option. Thanks to welfare reform, recipients of federal benefits must prove to a caseworker that they have performed, over the course of a week, a certain number of hours of "work activity." That number changes from state to state, and each state has discretion as to how narrowly work is defined, but federal law lists 12 broad categories that are covered.

Raising children is not among them.

According to a 2006 Congressional Research Service report, the dozen activities that fulfill the work requirement are:

(1) unsubsidized employment
(2) subsidized private sector employment
(3) subsidized public sector employment
(4) work experience
(5) on-the-job training
(6) job search and job readiness assistance
(7) community services programs
(8) vocational educational training
(9) job skills training directly related to employment
(10) education directly related to employment (for those without a high school degree or equivalent)
(11) satisfactory attendance at a secondary school
(12) provision of child care to a participant of a community service program

The only child-care related activity on the list is the last one, which would allow someone to care for someone else's child if that person were off volunteering. But it does not apply to married couples in some states. Connecticut, for instance, specifically prevents counting as "work" an instance in which one parent watches a child while the other parent volunteers.

The federal government does at least implicitly acknowledge the value of child care, though not for married couples. According to a 2012 Urban Institute study, a single mother is required to work 30 hours a week, but the requirement drops to 20 hours if she has a child under 6. A married woman, such as Romney, would not be entitled to such a reduction in the requirement. If a married couple receives federally funded child care, the work requirement increases by 20 hours, from 35 hours to 55 hours between the two of them, another implicit acknowledgment of the value of stay-at-home work.

Romney's January view echoes a remark he made in 1994 during his failed Senate campaign. "This is a different world than it was in the 1960s when I was growing up, when you used to have Mom at home and Dad at work," Romney said, as shown in a video posted by BuzzFeed's Andrew Kaczynski. "Now Mom and Dad both have to work whether they want to or not, and usually one of them has two jobs."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/mitt-romney-mothers-welfare-moms_n_1426113.html

more on sarah palins MAMA GRIZZLIES here ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mp99eEaic

Latest posts