• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dems. come up with a new plan....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
....suspend elections, to help economy.

As a way to solve the national debt crisis, North Carolina Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue recommends suspending congressional elections for the next couple of years.

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover," Perdue said at a rotary club event in Cary, N.C., according to the Raleigh News & Observer. "I really hope that someone can agree with me on that."

Perdue said she thinks that temporarily halting elections would allow members of Congress to focus on the economy. "You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things," Perdue said.

North Carolina Republicans immediately scoffed at Perdue's proposal, pointing out to her that elections hold politicians accountable for their actions.

"Now is a time when politicians need to be held accountable more than ever," North Carolina GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said in an email to The Daily Caller. "To suspend an election would be removing the surest mechanism that citizens have to hold politicians accountable: the right to vote."

UPDATE 5:17 p.m.:

Perdue press secretary Chris Mackey claims the governor was joking when she made the comment.

"Come on … Gov. Perdue was obviously using hyperbole to highlight what we can all agree is a serious problem: Washington politicians who focus on their own election instead of what's best for the people they serve," Mackey said in an email to TheDC.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/27/nc-governor-recommends-suspending-democracy-to-focus-on-jobs/#ixzz1ZD0ipetr

I don't believe for a second that anyone is really that stupid-

I think this was a carefully scripted feeler put out there by the democrats to see how it would be recieved. it looks right now like there is no way obama is going to get a second chance if a fair election is held.so the solution is to not hold a fair election. it is practiced by dictators worldwide.

they are just seeing how the idea would float here at this time!

and where is the outrage?

where are the articles coming down on the unconstitutionality of this idea? :roll:

Lonecowboy said:
I don't believe for a second that anyone is really that stupid-

I think this was a carefully scripted feeler put out there by the democrats to see how it would be recieved. it looks right now like there is no way obama is going to get a second chance if a fair election is held.so the solution is to not hold a fair election. it is practiced by dictators worldwide.

they are just seeing how the idea would float here at this time!

and where is the outrage?

where are the articles coming down on the unconstitutionality of this idea? :roll:

Exactly and anyone that even suggest this or thinks it is right should be booted from office immediately

hypocritexposer said:
Steve said:
not only will it help the economy, but dictatorships bring peace and stability as well,,

and don't forget "free love"

"free VW vans for everyone"

Nothing wrong with free love. All love cost something.

when one of my puppies lick my face in LOVE what does that cost :D
when one of my grand kids say love you cramps what does that cost. :D :D

Here you can hear her say it herself..............OMGAWD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-govx9CdOA

I was asked many times by a few on here to show them which of our rights were being stripped away...is this good enough? DO I need to show more? When will it be enough for you to agree enough is enough..we are suppose to be a FREE country.

Perdue press secretary Chris Mackey claims the governor was joking when she made the comment.

It was a joke people, laugh.........

......why is no one laughing in the audience in the video MsSage linked to :???: :???:

Latest posts