• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Denny Rehberg wants to bury Estate tax once and for all

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
The Estate Tax Will Come Back To Life
Denny Rehberg Newsletter

Unless Congress stops it, the Estate Tax will rise from the grave in January, 2013. This isn't welcome news for Montana's small businesses, farmers and ranchers who will once again face a draconian 55 percent tax rate and a $1 million exemption. These producers have already paid their taxes - why is the government taxing the already difficult event of a family death?

I Want to Bury It Once And For All

Montana's small businesses, farmers and ranchers may look rich to the IRS suits in Washington, but we know they're working hard to scrape by a well-earned living so their kids and grandkids can have a better life. They're not just living the American Dream, they are the American Dream. That's why I support ending the unfair estate tax once and for all.

(Then Denny posts a survey, which I didn't include here.)

I am not and have never been a fan of the estate/death tax..

but if for some reason the democrats need to be given a bone so they can feel good about taxing dead rich people..

here is an Idea..

at death Tax all stock bond and other paper holdings..

exempt all physical holdings..

no matter where the holding is designated to go.. if it goes to a fancy trust set up for their children.. it's taxed first

if it goes to your favorite charity.. same deal.. its' taxed first..

but if your handing down a family business (or farm and ranch wholly owned by the family.. it passes freely.

this little tax would hurt the rich where it counts... and protect the hard working...

I know it will never happen as the democrats / and republican old money politicians have craftily exempted themselves and their money goes to support their agenda after death while ours goes to pay for a nice funeral and more taxes..

"Brace yourself," Buffett warned with a grin. He then described a momentous change in his thinking. Within months, he said, he would begin to give away his Berkshire Hathaway fortune, then and now worth well over $40 billion.

This news was indeed stunning. Buffett, 75, has for decades said his wealth would go to philanthropy but has just as steadily indicated the handoff would be made at his death. Now he was revising the timetable.

Buffett has pledged to gradually give 85% of his Berkshire stock to five foundations. A dominant five-sixths of the shares will go to the world's largest philanthropic organization, the $30 billion Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, whose principals are close friends of Buffett's

Because the value of Buffett's gifts are tied to a future, unknowable price of Berkshire, there is no way to put a total dollar value on them. But the number of shares earmarked to be given have a huge value today: $37 billion.

this ardent supporter of the death tax has already screwed Taxpayers out of millions ,.. oops make that billions..

why is it that Liberals say one thing.. and then their actions do exactly the opposite?

Liberals forcing others to support their agenda thru forced taxes for generations.. would like to thank you for electing them to higher offices,

Latest posts