• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Did the war in Iraq have anything to do with US "safety

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I see out Democrat/Liberal friends already heard obama's speech on how the soldiers in Iraq were keeping America safe...... :lol:

Kind of contradicts the theory that Iraq had nothing to do with the safety of the US, eh?

hypocritexposer said:
I see out Democrat/Liberal friends already heard obama's speech on how the soldiers in Iraq were keeping America safe...... :lol:

Kind of contradicts the theory that Iraq had nothing to do with the safety of the US, eh?

They go the way the wind blows...................................

hypocritexposer said:
:???:

We hear quite often from our Democrat friends that it had nothing to do with US safety, but did it?

the war in Iraq was because the Iraqis attacked a sovereign nation for no reason...

and the United States and our allies felt that our national interest would be harmed.. (oil could be withheld)

so we ended their occupation of Kuwait and forced a surrender.. they then continually violated the terms of the surrender.. so the war resumed..

maybe if we closed gas stations for a few weeks we could see if the safety of the US is endangered??? :shock: :? :???:

Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:
:???:

We hear quite often from our Democrat friends that it had nothing to do with US safety, but did it?

the war in Iraq was because the Iraqis attacked a sovereign nation for no reason...

and the United States and our allies felt that our national interest would be harmed.. (oil could be withheld)

so we ended their occupation of Kuwait and forced a surrender.. they then continually violated the terms of the surrender.. so the war resumed..

maybe if we closed gas stations for a few weeks we could see if the safety of the US is endangered??? :shock: :? :???:

don't forget the humanitarian reasons, when it comes to saving 100,000s of lives that Saddam was murdering as a dictator, many due to their religious affiliation That reason alone was good enough for Libya, it should have been good enough for Iraq......

If a Republican President gets Congressional approval, it's for oil, if a Democrat President does not get Congressional approval, it''s for humanitarian reasons, and the costs are trivial......

I never understood why Iraq invading Kuwait would end the flow of oil. Couldn't we just get it from someone else? All those countries would stop selling it? What else do they have to sell, goat cheese?

We're supposed to believe in free markets, but will use force to make people sell us stuff.

And we could have bought alot of oil with the money we're spending over there. Iraq will end up costing us 4 trillion after lifetime care of those with head trauma, etc. Lifelong debilitation. Not good. Like anything else our government does, the initial cost estimates are bogus.

As for humanitarian purposes, please show me the Constitutional justification for humanitarian missions. If you want to go save people, grab a gun and head over there. Put your own hide on the line, instead of wasting troops like my son who are supposed to be for defense.

Our humanitarian efforts and regime changing usually makes things worse. The story is not over in Iraq - could end up worse than Saddam.
Al qaida is now in Iraq and Libya when they weren't before we intervened.

Ironic that the solution for Saddam killing people was for us to kill people. Save people by bombing and starving them with sanctions.

Not exactly what Jesus preached.

And by the way, our enemies want us bankrupt, and we're giving them what they want. We can't control our desire to police and rule the world, so we will collapse like other empires.

I was just watching this guy, Romney's spokesperson, try to explain why we go to war. In other words, we don't have a clue and do it whenever we feel like it.

Note the complete lack of mention of declaration of war by Congress as required by the Constitution. Jefferson, Madison and others knew presidents and kings loved war, so put the decision in Congress for a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvb6pbPym3Y&feature=youtu.be

djinwa said:
I was just watching this guy, Romney's spokesperson, try to explain why we go to war. In other words, we don't have a clue and do it whenever we feel like it.

Note the complete lack of mention of declaration of war by Congress as required by the Constitution. Jefferson, Madison and others knew presidents and kings loved war, so put the decision in Congress for a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvb6pbPym3Y&feature=youtu.be

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

djinwa said:
I never understood why Iraq invading Kuwait would end the flow of oil. Couldn't we just get it from someone else? All those countries would stop selling it? What else do they have to sell, goat cheese?

We're supposed to believe in free markets, but will use force to make people sell us stuff.

And we could have bought alot of oil with the money we're spending over there. Iraq will end up costing us 4 trillion after lifetime care of those with head trauma, etc. Lifelong debilitation. Not good. Like anything else our government does, the initial cost estimates are bogus.

As for humanitarian purposes, please show me the Constitutional justification for humanitarian missions. If you want to go save people, grab a gun and head over there. Put your own hide on the line, instead of wasting troops like my son who are supposed to be for defense.

Our humanitarian efforts and regime changing usually makes things worse. The story is not over in Iraq - could end up worse than Saddam.

Ironic that the solution for Saddam killing people was for us to kill people. Save people by bombing and starving them with sanctions.

And by the way, our enemies want us bankrupt, and we're giving them what they want. We can't control our desire to police and rule the world, so we will collapse like other empires.

Good post. Osama and his pals were the ones we should have gone after, with all our resources.

TSR said:
djinwa said:

Good post. Osama and his pals were the ones we should have gone after, with all our resources.

The war in Iraq, kept Americans "safe".....do you not believe obama?

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:
djinwa said:

up until the recent Obama surrenders, one could easily have argued that the war in Iraq made the world safer by removing a tyrant.

but now with the middle east of fire.. ( a fire Obama set ablaze),... I would think we are now much worse off ..

in fact recent events indicate we as a country are safer by leaving dictators in charge, and containing the countries within their borders..

the real question is do you feel safer now?..

hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:
djinwa said:

So I guess he just should have come out and said the troops were wasting not only their lives but their time over there. That would have made you happy?
There's lots of stuff to bash Obama about, this seems like a rather petty point to try to make.

Silver said:
hypocritexposer said:
TSR said:

So I guess he just should have come out and said the troops were wasting not only their lives but their time over there. That would have made you happy?
There's lots of stuff to bash Obama about, this seems like a rather petty point to try to make.

I'm not bashing obama on this at all....it is my opinion that the war in Iraq did keep Americans safe or safer than if Saddam had been allowed to stay in power.

hypocritexposer said:
I'm not bashing obama on this at all....it is my opinion that the war in Iraq did keep Americans safe or safer than if Saddam had been allowed to stay in power.

I agree with you on this point. I also think it was a good thing to remove Saddam, I just never agreed with the pretexts they used for going in. I would have been happy with "....he's a bad guy that does bad things so we're taking him out..."
But I guess I'm just a stickler for procedure :wink:

Didn't they do just that. The main reason that was used was he did not abide by the UN resolutions that he had agreed on.

Latest posts