• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Did You Know This

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Subject: DID YOU KNOW THIS?

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 institutes or colleges and 4 research centers?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2004 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have five 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operation squadrons,

nine reconnaissance and three US C-130 transport aircraft which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and four Bell jet rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of five have received the first two series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004 and that the Iraqi economy is BOOMING?

Did you know that two candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!

WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?

OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!

The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves only one purpose.

It undermines the world's perception of the United States and our soldiers.

All of these facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense website and many other independent sources.

katrina said:
Subject: DID YOU KNOW THIS?

Yes, Katrina, this has been posted before.

Did you know that 47 countries have re-established their embassies in Iraq?

How many of those countries actually have an Ambassador living in Iraq? The last one I read about was murdered. Yes, many countries now recognize the Iraqi government but they refuse to send an ambassador because it's not safe. Come on and show me a list of countries with an Ambassador in residence.

Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that the American taxpayer is paying most of those salaries?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Not lately. The list of unfinished reconstruction projects is a long one. As soon as we rebuild something, the insurgents tear it down. Did you know that thousands of American citizens are still living in tents on the Gulf Coast? Did you know that FEMA spent millions of dollars on trailers for Katrina victims and they're setting empty while we pay hotel bills? ("You're doing a heck of a good job, Brownie")

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 institutes or colleges and 4 research centers?

How many enrolled students? Did you know that thousands of doctors, lawyers, judges, nurses, have left Iraq because of the threats by insurgents to themselves and their families?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2004 for the re-established Fulbright program?

Did you know that our House is cutting student loans to help pay for the Iraqi war? Did you know that some terrorist suspects were in the US on student visas?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have five 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

:roll:

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operation squadrons, nine reconnaissance and three US C-130 transport aircraft which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and four Bell jet rangers?

Who paid for these planes and helicoptors? Did you know that a $Billion was spent by the Iraqi government on old, junky, useless military equipment? Money that your tax dollars will replace.

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that our military in Iraq has found two prisons where Iraqis were torturing and starving other Iraqis? Did you know that SecDef Rumsfeld says our military should just report such findings. Thank goodness, our military leaders set him straight.

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that your tax dollars are paying their salary? And in many regions of the country only one of ten will show up for work on a given day.

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know that the police have been infilitrated by the insurgents? Recently a recruit walked in to a police academy and blew himself, the occupants, and the building up.

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

And they've been going on for a long time because Iraqi contractors know they have a good thing. They'll work for a while and get all the money. Then demand a new contract to come back and finish the work. Then the insurgents will blow it up and it will all have to be done again. This is good news? I don't think so.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of five have received the first two series of polio vaccinations?

The UN vaccinates children all over the world. Did the US pay for it or the UN?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Are you suggesting children didn't go to school under Saddam? That's not true. Women were allowed to attend school, too, and even hold jobs. Under the new constitution, it's questionable as to whether women will have the same rights as they had in Saddam's secular government.

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

ROTFLMAO! Right. Everyone is using cell phones because the phone lines are continually being torn up by the insurgents!

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the US military paid some of those newspapers to print favorable articles about the US? How's that for independence?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004 and that the Iraqi economy is BOOMING?

What a crock. Unemployment is 40% in Iraq. Most of the money being spent in Iraq is the US taxpayer's money.

Did you know that two candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

Doesn't matter much. The Iraqis will mostly vote along religious lines.

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!
WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?
OUR MEDIA WOULDN'T TELL US!
The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves only one purpose.
It undermines the world's perception of the United States and our soldiers.
All of these facts are verifiable on the Department of Defense website and many other independent sources.

But I did know. I read it in the newspaper; I saw it on TV. Did you know the facts that I put out?

did you know only a damned liberal Bush hater would turn these facts around and make our country look like a tyranical oppressor?

Dis would complain if he/she/it was hung with a new rope. So i hoppe they use an old one! Just funnin' you dis!

Did you know that because of what our service people who have fought for you and my freedoms, caused us to be able to freely express our opinions on sites such as these and that those who are not for us must be against us?

You sure don't seem to see the glass as half full. But hey, you got the right to do so. Why don't you thank the next service person you see for helping to make that possible?

I sure hope that ou and your ilk don't get the word out to those who are against us and they use it against us. Are you a friend of good ol' Jane? I can see you feel the same way as she did during Viet Nam.

jigs said:
did you know only a damned liberal Bush hater would turn these facts around and make our country look like a tyranical oppressor?

The facts are a load of bull. It has nothing to do with being liberal. Do you honestly think good things are happening in iraq?

HAIL YES good things are happening in Iraq.
Maybe too many have forgoten HOW LONG it took the US to get on its feet after the Decleration of Independence was radified. Yes there are going to be problems BUT they are now a free country. They had an election with over 11 million voting and for the most part went off without a hitch.
We have become and instant gratification socitiey. We need to give them the time and support to become the country THEY want. The Iraq people have said they want freedom we should be celebrating.

"too many have forgoten HOW LONG it took the US to get on its feet after the Decleration of Independence was radified. "

MsSagge...this statement is exactly what some of us have been saying... OUT LOUD and getting stomped for.....do YOU want to foot the bill, loose untold # of lives according to this measure of time you just mentioned????

Think about it!!!!!

MsSage said:
HAIL YES good things are happening in Iraq.
Maybe too many have forgoten HOW LONG it took the US to get on its feet after the Decleration of Independence was radified. Yes there are going to be problems BUT they are now a free country. They had an election with over 11 million voting and for the most part went off without a hitch.
We have become and instant gratification socitiey. We need to give them the time and support to become the country THEY want. The Iraq people have said they want freedom we should be celebrating.

Give me a time. How many years are you willing to spend a $Billion per week in Iraq? Five, ten? How many years are you willing to send Americans to die at the rate of three a day as they did in November? You may not be willing to admit it, but our Army is unable to maintain the force we have in Iraq! Recruiting is down, down, down, in the Reserve, National Guard and Regular Army! Parents are not willing to send their children off to die in a war to benefit the Iraqi people! What happens now when Bush tells us and the UN that Iran has WMDs? Will anyone believe him since we know he was wrong about Iraq? He has damaged our country in mind boggling ways.

Jinglebob said:
Dis would complain if he/she/it was hung with a new rope. So i hoppe they use an old one! Just funnin' you dis!

:D

Did you know that because of what our service people who have fought for you and my freedoms, caused us to be able to freely express our opinions on sites such as these and that those who are not for us must be against us?

Osama Bin Laden is probably laughing his behind off at the mess Bush has got us into in Iraq, while the Taliban regain their strength in Afghanistan. Our enemies are watching closely and realize that our Army is greatly weakend, that it will take years to rebuild and rearm when we get our of Iraq (and we are coming out). In my opinion, we're in a dangerous situation, thanks to George W. Bush's personnal vendetta with Saddam.

You sure don't seem to see the glass as half full. But hey, you got the right to do so. Why don't you thank the next service person you see for helping to make that possible?

I see servicemen and women most every day of my life. They know that I appreciate them. I'm virtually the only person on this board who thinks Bush did them a dis-service when he sent them to Iraq undermanned, without their armored vehicles or their body armor. Thanking them isn't enough; we need to be sure it never, ever happens again and that someone is held responsible for this mess.

I sure hope that ou and your ilk don't get the word out to those who are against us and they use it against us. Are you a friend of good ol' Jane? I can see you feel the same way as she did during Viet Nam.
What word? The word that Americans have turned against this war? Our soldiers know it and the world knows it. Anyone with an internet connection can read this board, Yahoo, MSNBC, CNN, FOX, and they all show that Americans are unhappy with this war. They also know that we're coming out. The question on many of our soldier's minds these days is "will I be the last one to die for Bush's blunder?"

Bin Laden is not our worry...he prob. feels sorry for us and all the trouble "W" is causing now is why he's giving us a break.

And on the topic of Jane Fonda. I know the lady....she's not the witch you guys and , quoting some of you" the horrid media" claim to be. Yeah she made a mistake....and I'm guessing none of the rest of you have EVER done that!!!!

And on the topic of Jane Fonda

During a 1972 trip to North Vietnam, Jane Fonda propagandized on behalf of the North Vietnamese government, declared that American POWs were being treated humanely and condemned U.S. soldiers as "war criminals" and later denounced them as liars for claiming they had been tortured:

The 67-year-old actress and activist, however, defended her decision to go to Hanoi and said she had no regrets about being photographed with American POWs there or making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi because she was trying to stop the war.

"There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with the POWs," she added. "Both sides were using the POWs for propaganda. It's not something that I will apologize for."

I can still see why so many Hate her......

[/quote]

I had a history teacher in high school, old military man, who would not even allow you to call her anything but hanoi jane.

he would have liked to shoot her himself, and told us that all the time we studied Vietnam.

he is in his 70's now, but I bet he would still take her out with his bare hands,

kolanuraven said:
Bin Laden is not our worry...he prob. feels sorry for us and all the trouble "W" is causing now is why he's giving us a break.

And on the topic of Jane Fonda. I know the lady....she's not the witch you guys and , quoting some of you" the horrid media" claim to be. Yeah she made a mistake....and I'm guessing none of the rest of you have EVER done that!!!!

There are mistakes and then there are mistakes. I sure as hell never turned traitor to my country! And then bragged on it! :mad:

How many am I willing to send over ...hmmm I have given this a day to really give it some thought. However many it takes till the Iraq government gets its feet under itself. How much money am I willing to give? As much as I am giving to pay for welfare abortions. Which is alot too much creative bookkeeping to give you the actual amount. As much as I am paying for women to sit home and have babies and encourage thier daughters as young as 12 to have a child so she can get another $500 a month per child including grandchild if mother is under 16. DO NOT say it is NOT happening...I can give you the name of a "family" who has done just that. The "mother" also has been giving tips to other mothers in how to do the same.
Can I look in a mothers eyes and tell her that she has to send her son/daughter to Iraq. Yes I can.
Parents are not willing to send their children off to die in a war to benefit the Iraqi people!
YOU ARE WRONG. My oldest is going to finish this next semester then he will be sent to bootcamp. He is doing that so he can have enough credits to go to Officer Training. I AM BEHIND HIM 100% I am encouraging him and if GOD forbid he come home drapped in a flag I will know he gave his life protecting the freedom that you enjoy.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

MsSage....

that is what makes American so great.
I will be sure to keep him in my prayers

he will never hear it on the news, so be sure to tell him that there are a bunch of us out here who support him, we ain't all fact bending libs!

MsSage said:
quote]Parents are not willing to send their children off to die in a war to benefit the Iraqi people!
YOU ARE WRONG. My oldest is going to finish this next semester then he will be sent to bootcamp. He is doing that so he can have enough credits to go to Officer Training. I AM BEHIND HIM 100% I am encouraging him and if GOD forbid he come home drapped in a flag I will know he gave his life protecting the freedom that you enjoy.[/quote]

What branch of service? If Army, you're in the minority. If he's going into EOD, you're even more in the minority.

Tell me, exactly, how going to Iraq defends my freedoms? Iraq was no threat to this country when George W. Bush decided to invade it. So tell me, please.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

And Ben was exactly right. But George W. Bush is trying to convince Americans that we must give up our right to privacy and allow him to evesdrop on our phone calls to be secure. Why do you put this quote out when you're supporting a man who doesn't agree with it?

Dispicable,

There should be no "Right to Privacy" if you are conspiring to kill thousands of innocent people, or even one for that matter.

Are these people honoring "Right to Privacy" when they walk into a building and blow themselves and others up? Were they honoring "Right to Privacy" when the flew those planes into the WTC and the Pentagon?

Carter and Clinton used the same tactics when in office, why all the uproar now?

Mike said:
Dispicable,

There should be no "Right to Privacy" if you are conspiring to kill thousands of innocent people, or even one for that matter.

As an American citizen, I have the right to say pretty much what I want to say. Recently a young college student enrolled in a history course about tyrannical governments went to the college library and asked for Mao's "Little Red Book". He was visited by Homeland Security and the FBI. It makes me mad that the home of democracy and freedom of speech would question why an American citizen wants to read any book. Bush is claiming we're building a democratic nation in Iraq while he's infringing on my civil liberties here in the US.

Are these people honoring "Right to Privacy" when they walk into a building and blow themselves and others up? Were they honoring "Right to Privacy" when the flew those planes into the WTC and the Pentagon?

These people are terrorists. I'm not, nor are most people. Do you agree with Ben Franklin? Or do you agree with Steve that we must give up some of our rights to be comfortable?

Carter and Clinton used the same tactics when in office, why all the uproar now?

No, Clinton and Carter didn't use the same tactics. It's spin and you look like a fool for posting such nonsense.

Quote:

No, Clinton and Carter didn't use the same tactics. It's spin and you look like a fool for posting such nonsense.

But is this sort of terrorist surveillance truly a new and troubling thing? The government's Echelon spy program was reported on during the Clinton administration, in a 2000 report on CBS's "60 Minutes." In words that ring familiar, host Steve Kroft intoned:

"If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand. The mission is to eavesdrop on enemies of the state: foreign countries, terrorist groups and drug cartels. But in the process, Echelon's computers capture virtually every electronic conversation around the world."

Latest posts