• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

dirty dogs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
1,591
Reaction score
0
Location
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
I'm about to go bathe two dogs (border collie and Corgi) in my bathtub....wish me luck!!!

I'm to cheap to take them someplace to have it done and its to cold outside...geesh it must be only 50 :lol:

Anyway they need baths bad.....dirtly little mutts.....
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
TXTibbs said:
I'm to cheap to take them someplace to have it done and its to cold outside...geesh it must be only 50 :lol:

OWWCH!! :( --Already 13 below here at 6PM--Sky is clear and the bottoms going to fall out tonite...Already colder than the weather boys predicted 11 below.....Could be a 3 dog nite........
 

Silver

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
5,152
Reaction score
27
Location
BC
I'm a little shaky on my foreignheit scale conversions, but 13 below sound awful cold. It's minus 25C right now, they say minus 36 with the wind chill. We got our first snow of the year today and now it's blowin' away. Oh well, we'll just bang another hole in the ice in the morning.
 

kolanuraven

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
10,909
Reaction score
7
geez -36C...and I was complaining about it raining and being only 65F outside!

I don't think they make enough clothes to keep me warm in such as that!
 

Chuckie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 11, 2005
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
Location
northeast nebraska
TX--geez, all the "help" you get here...this may be a little late (but better than never). wash 'em, keep 'em in until 80% dry (at your temps). if you're in a hurry, get a blow-dryer...
 

theHiredMansWife

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
0
Location
southwest corner of the Sandhills
Sure do.
Four of them....

on the rare occasions when we get rain/mud, they're banished to the garage until it dries and shakes out.
The border collie gets a little brushing now and again, but otherwise toe-nail clipping is the extent of my dogs' grooming requirements. :wink:
 

nr

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Location
DE
Tibbie-What on earth are you washing dogs for when you're sick and packing to leave? Have you ever tried that dry dog shampoo? We never used it but maybe it works. Or just wash their smelly feet and call it even.
 

TXTibbs

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
1,591
Reaction score
0
Location
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
theHiredMansWife said:
Sure do.
Four of them....

on the rare occasions when we get rain/mud, they're banished to the garage until it dries and shakes out.
The border collie gets a little brushing now and again, but otherwise toe-nail clipping is the extent of my dogs' grooming requirements. :wink:

Then your dogs must be the four daintiest dogs ever born! My dogs arn't sissy dogs and arn't scared to get dirty when they go outside. Their not badly behaved....they are just...well....manly dogs I guess.....even tho they are both female ;)
 

Hanta Yo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
3,655
Reaction score
18
Location
South Central Montana
TXTibbs said:
theHiredMansWife said:
what possesses a soul to want to wash a dog, anyway? :???:

That's what summer time is for. Toss 'em in a stock tank and they're good as new!


Um ok you must not have spoiled house dogs then???? If you did I would think you'd consider washing a dog...

TXTibbs,

Our Corgi, being the lil low rider he is picks up EVERYTHING on his belly-bad when it's muddy outside. He gets a bath if he wants to live in the house, he hates them but puts up with them. Notice your Corgi holds her short little tail in the air when you bathe her?
 

Hanta Yo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
3,655
Reaction score
18
Location
South Central Montana
Silver said:
I'm a little shaky on my foreignheit scale conversions, but 13 below sound awful cold. It's minus 25C right now, they say minus 36 with the wind chill. We got our first snow of the year today and now it's blowin' away. Oh well, we'll just bang another hole in the ice in the morning.


If I did my algebra right:

That is -13 degrees F (your -25 degrees Celsius) with your wind chill:

-32.8 degrees F. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

We were heat detecting at -22 degrees F, plus wind was blowing. That is -30 degrees C under calm conditions, 'bout froze our butts off!
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,147
Reaction score
371
Location
Big Muddy valley
Hanta Yo said:
Silver said:
I'm a little shaky on my foreignheit scale conversions, but 13 below sound awful cold. It's minus 25C right now, they say minus 36 with the wind chill. We got our first snow of the year today and now it's blowin' away. Oh well, we'll just bang another hole in the ice in the morning.


If I did my algebra right:

That is -13 degrees F (your -25 degrees Celsius) with your wind chill:

-32.8 degrees F. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

We were heat detecting at -22 degrees F, plus wind was blowing. That is -30 degrees C under calm conditions, 'bout froze our butts off!


The straws of semen would be refroze by the time you got it in the cow.
 

Hanta Yo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
3,655
Reaction score
18
Location
South Central Montana
BMR,

Luckily we had already bred cows a couple days earlier, we were sorting off hot cows to be embryo recips. Luckily our AI barn has a heater in it that works just fine. :) BTW, your tape is on the way, got it mailed today. 8)
 

Latest posts

Top