• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dis, you and your liberal buddies in the House

Help Support Ranchers.net:

wdcook

Reaction score
are about to get CLOBBERED. The Dem's are twisting and turning now. Here's a question for you Dis, Are you in favor of immediate withdrawal from Iraq?

wdcook said:
are about to get CLOBBERED. The Dem's are twisting and turning now.
And CLOBBERED, it was! They did some twisting and turning for sure! And Barney Frank wasn't even in on it. Imagine if he had been. No! Don't do that! LOL

Excerpts; link below; my emphasis, Dis.

House Rejects Dem Plan to Cut and Run

The House of Representatives overwhelming rejected last night a proposal to immediately withdraw troops from Iraq, after two days of over-hyped media coverage of Democratic Rep. John Murtha's call for a U.S. pullout.

In a lopsided 403 to 3vote, Democrats showed they were unwilling to back Murtha's pullout proposal - even though many voiced support of his anti-war announcement earlier this week.

"Our military has done everything that has been asked of them, the U.S. cannot accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily," Murtha, a 37-year Marine veteran, said Thursday.

"It's time to bring them home," Murtha said.

Though the American media ballyhooed Murtha's comments as an indication that support for the war was collapsing at home, Friday night's vote showed there was almost no backing in Congress for such a move.

Only three left-wing radicals voted for Murtha's plan - Reps. Cynthia McKinney, Jose Serano and Robert Wexler.

While voicing reservations about an immediate pullout, prominent Democrats had praised Murtha for forcing a debate on the issue.

Defending Murtha, former presidential candidate John Kerry said, "There is no sterner stuff than the backbone and courage that defines Jack Murtha's character and conscience."

Stern stuff, alright. Didn't even have the 'backbone' to put his money where his mouth was. LMAO

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/19/70424.shtml

X said:
wdcook said:
are about to get CLOBBERED. The Dem's are twisting and turning now.
And CLOBBERED, it was! They did some twisting and turning for sure! And Barney Frank wasn't even in on it. Imagine if he had been. No! Don't do that! LOL

Excerpts; link below; my emphasis, Dis.

House Rejects Dem Plan to Cut and Run

The House of Representatives overwhelming rejected last night a proposal to immediately withdraw troops from Iraq, after two days of over-hyped media coverage of Democratic Rep. John Murtha's call for a U.S. pullout.

In a lopsided 403 to 3vote, Democrats showed they were unwilling to back Murtha's pullout proposal - even though many voiced support of his anti-war announcement earlier this week.

"Our military has done everything that has been asked of them, the U.S. cannot accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily," Murtha, a 37-year Marine veteran, said Thursday.

"It's time to bring them home," Murtha said.

Though the American media ballyhooed Murtha's comments as an indication that support for the war was collapsing at home, Friday night's vote showed there was almost no backing in Congress for such a move.

Only three left-wing radicals voted for Murtha's plan - Reps. Cynthia McKinney, Jose Serano and Robert Wexler.

While voicing reservations about an immediate pullout, prominent Democrats had praised Murtha for forcing a debate on the issue.

Defending Murtha, former presidential candidate John Kerry said, "There is no sterner stuff than the backbone and courage that defines Jack Murtha's character and conscience."

Stern stuff, alright. Didn't even have the 'backbone' to put his money where his mouth was. LMAO

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_friendly.pl?page=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/19/70424.shtml

Uh, X, this vote was in the House. Kerry is in the Senate. He didn't get a vote. So much for your political wisdom. ROTFLMAO!

Disagreeable said:
Uh, X, this vote was in the House. Kerry is in the Senate. He didn't get a vote. So much for your political wisdom. ROTFLMAO!
Well, get up off the floor and save some of that ass. I was talking about your hero Murtha, who didn't even vote for it. You having trouble keepin' up? :lol2:

X said:
Disagreeable said:
Well, get up off the floor and save some of that ass. I was talking about your hero Murtha, who didn't even vote for it. You having trouble keepin' up? :lol2:

You're still wrong. He didn't vote for it because it wasn't his proposal. Read something besides NewsMax and you'll see that the Republican House leadership wrote another proposal and that was what was voted down, not Murtha's well thought out proposal.

You're slippin' and slidin' like a true lib now, Dis. "Oh, but it's different, blah, blah, blah." LMAO

Maybe you need to read some news besides Yaywho and O-n-L-S-D?

X said:
You're slippin' and slidin' like a true lib now, Dis. "Oh, but it's different, blah, blah, blah." LMAO

Maybe you need to read some news besides Yaywho and O-n-L-S-D?

:D gotcha! I'm not slippin' and sliding. When you read the facts, the Republicans called this the "Murtha" policy, but they lied. They wrote one just to be defeated and you believed them. They're playing politics with the lives of American soldiers. It makes me mad. You don't seem to care.

I thought the ex-Marine's proposal was to withdraw within
a reasonable time--not immediately. I heard that he was
actually proposing 6+ months or so. I also read the text
of the Republican proposal. It was "immediate" withdrawal,
as in "beginning right now". Did I miss something?

OK Jeanne said:
I thought the ex-Marine's proposal was to withdraw within
a reasonable time--not immediately. I heard that he was
actually proposing 6+ months or so. I also read the text
of the Republican proposal. It was "immediate" withdrawal,
as in "beginning right now". Did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss anything. His time frame is "earliest practicable date." Apparently the Republicans were afraid to put this reasonable policy up for a vote, so they rewrote it and called it the "Murtha" resolution. But here's his proposal:

""Whereas Congress and the American People have not been shown clear, measurable progress toward establishment of stable and improving security in Iraq or of a stable and improving economy in Iraq, both of which are essential to "promote the emergence of a democratic government";
Whereas additional stabilization in Iraq by U, S. military forces cannot be achieved without the deployment of hundreds of thousands of additional U S. troops, which in turn cannot be achieved without a military draft;
Whereas more than $277 billion has been appropriated by the United States Congress to prosecute U.S. military action in Iraq and Afghanistan;
Whereas, as of the drafting of this resolution, 2,079 U.S. troops have been killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom;
Whereas U.S. forces have become the target of the insurgency,
Whereas, according to recent polls, over 80% of the Iraqi people want U.S. forces out of Iraq;
Whereas polls also indicate that 45% of the Iraqi people feel that the attacks on U.S. forces are justified;
Whereas, due to the foregoing, Congress finds it evident that continuing U.S. military action in Iraq is not in the best interests of the United States of America, the people of Iraq, or the Persian Gulf Region, which were cited in Public Law 107-243 as justification for undertaking such action;
Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That:
Section 1. The deployment of United States forces in Iraq, by direction of Congress, is hereby terminated and the forces involved are to be redeployed at the earliest practicable date.
Section 2. A quick-reaction U.S. force and an over-the-horizon presence of U.S Marines shall be deployed in the region.
Section 3 The United States of America shall pursue security and stability in Iraq through diplomacy."

You know what the Republican leadership put up for a vote.

Latest posts