• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disgusting #2

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Guest
Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions.

By Amanda Terkel on Feb 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

On Thursday, Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall (R) spoke at a press conference against state funding for Planned Parenthood. He blasted the organization for supporting a women’s right to choose, saying that God punishes women who have had abortions by giving them disabled children:

“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.

“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”


Marshall is also fighting against health care reform, saying that “Obamacare” is trying to take “your soul.”

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been pushing back against high-profile figures and entities who have been attacking people with disabilities. Will she speak out against someone in her own party?
 

Martin Jr.

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
12
Location
north central Nebraska
It is wrong to say God punishes women for abortion. The act of abortion causes its own punishment in problems of mental health.
I have never seen any statistics that show that there are more disabled children after an abortion. There are statistics that show that there are more miscarriages after aborton.

I don't believe Marshall is attacking children with disabilities, he is attacking abortion.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Martin Jr. said:
It is wrong to say God punishes women for abortion. The act of abortion causes its own punishment in problems of mental health.
I have never seen any statistics that show that there are more disabled children after an abortion. There are statistics that show that there are more miscarriages after aborton.

I don't believe Marshall is attacking children with disabilities, he is attacking abortion.

I'm sure you are probably right Martin-- but its definitely about the most insensitive slap in the face of all the parents of special children I've ever seen - especially all those out there that never had an abortion...

Even rightwing extremists (like Sarah Palin) who aren't pro-choice should be down this guys throat...
 

hypocritexposer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
24,216
Reaction score
0
Location
real world
Oldtimer said:
Martin Jr. said:
It is wrong to say God punishes women for abortion. The act of abortion causes its own punishment in problems of mental health.
I have never seen any statistics that show that there are more disabled children after an abortion. There are statistics that show that there are more miscarriages after aborton.

I don't believe Marshall is attacking children with disabilities, he is attacking abortion.

I'm sure you are probably right Martin-- but its definitely about the most insensitive slap in the face of all the parents of special children I've ever seen - especially all those out there that never had an abortion...

Even rightwing extremists (like Sarah Palin) who aren't pro-choice should be down this guys throat...


Let them pay for their own abortions and deal with the consequences mentally and religiously.....the taxpayer should not be on the hook......
 

Sandhusker

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
18,486
Reaction score
0
Location
Nebraska
If you can support a Marxist, then I would suppose half of the country would be extreme right to you.

I agree with 95% of what Palin says. I guess that makes me extreme right.
 

hopalong

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,019
Reaction score
0
Location
Az.
Do some research on the author of that claim,
supposedly at a news conference, wonder why a student made the claim, and the rest of the press at he conference heard it differently??

he also said

"A child, whether it's wanted or unwanted, planned, unplanned, born in birth, not born in birth, is a result of sexual assault, is perfect or is disabled, is precious in the sight of God," Marshall proclaims. ??

this was also said

"I never mention God punishing women," Marshall told us. "I talked about 'nature's vengence' and I regret those terms. I should have said 'natural consequences.' It's just like somebody who drinks alcohol to excess and gets a liver problem. You can't blame God for that. You did it to yourself."

Did you do any research before you JUMPED to conclusions oldtimer???
 

Texan

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
3,194
Reaction score
84
Location
Texas
Oldtimer said:
Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions.

By Amanda Terkel on Feb 22, 2010 at 1:45 pm

On Thursday, Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall (R) spoke at a press conference against state funding for Planned Parenthood. He blasted the organization for supporting a women’s right to choose, saying that God punishes women who have had abortions by giving them disabled children:

“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.

“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”


Marshall is also fighting against health care reform, saying that “Obamacare” is trying to take “your soul.”

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been pushing back against high-profile figures and entities who have been attacking people with disabilities. Will she speak out against someone in her own party?

I agree with you, OT - pretty disgusting. The author poses a question about Sarah Palin that you should be asking of yourself - it's the one that you underlined. When will you grow a pair and speak out against your precious Democrats?
 

Latest posts

Top