• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disgusting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ok. I'll print the letter for you who can't see it. SICKENING.
I wish they would do to the kid what he did to this horse. And the dad too.

This happened over the 4th in Ft. Pierre, SD. Rumor is that it was a bunch of meth heads. One of which is Dave Dahl's (bronc saddle maker) son.
Personally I hope they hang them or at least get served some "frontier justice"

Horse is said to be worth about 75k

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jul 6, 2009 6:03 PM

Hi everyone, need your prayers for Wendy and her horse.
She was rodeoing this 4th was at Ft. Pierre, done with the rodeo and fireworks were going off.
Put Dully in her trailer, got up about midnight, put him in the arena as all yards were taken, saw young people partying but didn't think anything of it, got up at 6am he was gone. Terrified went looking for him along with many others, seems the partiers had rode him down the main street so hard ripping his shoes off. Tied him to a tree roped his legs, beat him took his front and back legs with ropes an stretched him out he fell to the ground, tied his legs as you would a calf and roped and beat him, he is cut all over burned his legs, the dad of the one kid hid him at his place another kid found him told her to get the sheriff to go there not to go alone, i am sure they were going to destroy him. They brought him to her his head fell into her arms. She rushed him to vet his legs were swelling an after washing him off found it to be even worse. Today his legs broke open and can see the tendons, if the tendon stays on the bone and if they can keep infection out. He may heal but I don't think he will be the same from something so terrible.She is beside herself. There is more but this is enough for you to know the jest of it all. We need your prayers Can not believe anyone would do such a thing, and the Dad had guts enough to tell the sheriff he wanted Wendys phone no. he had deep pockets, he makes rough stock saddles at Ft. Pierre.seems to think he is above the law of any kind. Don't they hang horse thief's in SD???

And Dave calls himself a cowboy.
I hope he never sells another saddle in his life because of this.

I am not sure if I am enraged or just sad. It is difficult to believe that someone could do anything even remotely like the act described. It is even worse that someone would attempt to cover it up. The apple never falls far from the tree.
There is something to be said for old fashioned eye for an eye. I think those involved should be subjected to the same treatment they gave the horse.
There's a few points in life where you either step up and be a man (woman) or you elect to do something different, making you less.

Not knowing the Dad it would be hard to blame him having young adult children. The day alot of them move out they take out their brain and put it in their shoe. Our oldest daughter moved out got into drug's and whatever else got pregnant and until she hit rock bottom knowone could help her she's been home now for a year new baby has grown her up starts a new job monday she's getting back on track but it's been slow going. 2nd daughter lives in Chicago going to design school and thinks her parents are suppose to pay for everything in life her mother and I were divorced when she was 1 so I've always been the odd man out. She basically has nothing to do with this whole side of her family she's a lot high class but did stop and see me for 5 minutes a few weeks ago sure miss her.

Next would be our recently graduated son/stepson he does'nt like rules at all so he moved out the day after graduation which is fine he work's his job pay's his bill's smoke's drink's and God only know's what else.

These young kid's get out with their friends and forget alot of what was taught them also if the kids were raised in 2 seperate homes they tend to lean towards the less strict side as in our son's case he did'nt like rules so he moved to his dad's and after flunking out of school and getting kicked out by his stepmom he moved home still did'nt like or obey rules.Next to beating him you could'nt do anything with him I just concentrated on keeping my younger children on track. Throw out the bad apple's if they end up in jail it's their own problem don't bail them out. If any of mine end up in jail they will sit there I won't even visit.

This is a bad deal for sure but I would'nt be blameing the parent of this kid without knowing all the fact's. Alot of todays youth's problem is the parent's spend to much time working to give them everything and not enough time working the crap out of them. My neighbor has no money but the best set of hard working honest kids you'll find.

My youngest son is harder working than his 18 year old brother and always has been some kids got it some don't. Lane is 9 he has 2 cow's 2 calves a yearling steer and the other day he bought 7 ewe's first thing my wife say's is I could pay for them to which I said bullshit he wanted them he can buy them which was the deal and he did. I don't give him much other than guidence he earn's everything else..

Some kids are bad apples no matter how hard you try and after awhile you just focus on the good one's until the other's get it together and if they never do it's to bad but you can only help those who are wanting help..Some kids need a good beating but with all the liberal people in this society that would get a guy in jail. Working Mom's make it hard to raise children as they tend to buy the kids love trying to make up for working it's a tough deal raiseing good kids.

If my son had done this I'd have beat him myself.

Denny, I hear you.

My comment about the dad was in regard to his comment that
'he had deep pockets' meaning he'd try to buy the kid out of
it. A good father would not say such a thing; and he's probably
done that before...

No consequences in other words. Just buy your way out.

Tried to pull the horse apart????????? That explains the
rope cuts clear down to the tendons. That makes me puke.
Nothing is too bad for this jerk :mad: :mad: :mad: . And there must have been more than one in on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing too bad to do to the people responsible.

And you know what...I reckon I'm an ANIMAL RIGHTS PERSON MYSELF.
And stuff like this is the reason why!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR

I've seen some pretty tore up horses not make a sound-on a more positive note on the TV coverage of Calgary they are interviewing the wagon drivers beside their favorite horses-nice to see old racehorses get to do what they love into their twenties. Those old leaders get to be like family members-Tom Glass is sure doing a good job of commentary I think.

Rathbun said the incident remains under investigation, and he hopes to make at least one arrest by the end of the week.

The sheriff said he doesn't know if the abuse was intentional, or the outcome of bad judgment.

He said the incident is being discussed on Internet blogs, making it difficult to separate what people really know, from what they read, as he conducts his investigation.

"It's (blogging) kind of gotten in the way," the sheriff said.
Bad judgement?

The Rapid City Journal reported today that arrests will be made within 24 hours. The fairgrounds at Ft Pierre are the last thing before you are out of town so I guess after they run him down main street they headed south out of town with him.

My comment about the dad was in regard to his comment that
'he had deep pockets' meaning he'd try to buy the kid out of
it. A good father would not say such a thing; and he's probably
done that before...

No consequences in other words. Just buy your way out.

The guy who used to run the bar in Philip got in trouble for something when he was a teenager, along with a few friends. At the court hearing all the other parents got up in front of the judge with the "my son has never been in trouble so we ask the court for leniency" story. This guy was starting to think things were going to be OK. His dad was the last to get up and he said "I don't know about the rest of them here, but I raised my boy to know wrong from right. He knowed what he done was wrong, throw the book at him!"

Latest posts