• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disgusting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Not sure this will work but I'm copying and pasting the link for the police report and such for this case.

Gives for some interesting reading.....I grew up and went to school with most of the names mentioned. Of course they were about 10 years younger than me at the time! Just some more of that Fort Pierre trash who have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

http://mdn.dakotaradiogroup.com/dually_case.pdf

10/19/2009 3:37 PM
Horse Theft Suspect In Court
Posts A man accused of stealing a rodeo barrel racing horse from the Stanley County Fairgrounds has made his first court appearance on charges of grand theft and inhumane treatment of an animal.

Flint David Dahl of Fort Pierre did not enter a plea during Monday's hearing, which lasted less than five minutes. The 22-year-old Dahl allegedly took the horse early on July 5 and rode it around town, leaving it in a pen behind his father's store. Prosecutors say the horse, owned by Wendy Halweg of Mitchell, was badly injured but is recuperating.

The maximum penalty for the felony grand theft charge is 10 years in prison and a $20,000 fine. The charge of inhumane treatment of an animal, a misdemeanor, carries a maximum penalty of a year in the county jail and a $2,000 fine.

Dahl free on a $5,000 bond. His next court appearance is set for November 23.

11/17/2009 7:49 AM
Bond Revoked For Fort Pierre Man

Bond has been revoked for a Fort Pierre man charged in four different cases, including one involving a rodeo barrel-racing horse taken from the Stanley County Fairgrounds.

Twenty-two-year-old Flint Dahl appeared in court Monday, after being arrested Friday on misdemeanor charges including ingesting marijuana and driving under the influence. Dahl denied using drugs.

Dahl is now accused in four cases including the alleged theft of Dually, a rodeo horse taken July 5 from the Stanley County Fairgrounds. The horse was later found injured. Dahl is charged with felony grand theft and misdemeanor inhumane treatment of an animal.

The other cases involve alleged threats against a law officer and hit-and-run property damage.

Magistrate Judge Mark Smith revoked Dahl's $5,000 bond, meaning Dahl will remain in jail until his next court appearance on Monday.

His attorney says Dahl needs treatment for an alcohol problem.

This story comes out of the CapJournal---looks like this young man had a full plate of problems from leaving the scene of an accident to assaulting an officer to ingesting alcohol and drugs to driving a commercial truck with farm plates on it without a CDL. Looks like the time is adding up and should be long enough to cure him of his alcohol problem. I foresee a change of venue in the near future--

Judge revokes Dahl's bond following arrest
By David Montgomery
Capital Journal staff
Published/Last Modified on Tuesday, Nov 17, 2009 - 02:50:27 am CST

FORT PIERRE — Fort Pierre resident Flint Dahl, facing criminal charges in three different cases that include the alleged abuse of a horse, is in prison for violating the terms of his bond after an arrest last week.

Dahl, 22, is facing new charges of ingesting marijuana, first-offense commercial driving under the influence, driving without a commercial driver's license and violating his bond by drinking and smoking marijuana.

Because Dahl allegedly violated the conditions of his bond, Stanley County Magistrate Judge Mark Smith revoked Dahl's bond Monday. Dahl is currently in jail awaiting a Nov. 23 court appearance. The $5,000 cash bond paid by Dahl's father Dave Dahl will be returned.
Advertisement

The four new charges will join eight other criminal violations Dahl is accused of committing in the past five months.

In a July 5 incident involving a rodeo horse recovered injured outside its pen, Dahl is facing a felony grand theft charge and a misdemeanor charge of inhumane treatment of an animal.

In an Aug. 28 incident, Dahl is charged with threatening law enforcement, obstruction and disorderly conduct in an altercation with a Stanley County Sheriff's Deputy. All three charges are misdemeanors.

In a Sept. 5 incident where a pickup driven by Dahl struck a utility pole, Dahl is charged with hit-and-run property damage, reckless driving and failure to report an accident.

At his Nov. 23 court date, Judge Smith will reconsider Dahl's bond. Dahl also will have preliminary hearings for the horse-theft case and the disorderly conduct case, an arraignment for the hit-and-run case and a status hearing for the new case.

The new charges come from an incident on Nov. 13 when a Stanley County Sheriff's Deputy pulled Dahl over while he was driving a semi-tractor trailer. A breathalyzer test reported a blood alcohol content of .077 percent, under South Dakota's legal limit of .08 percent. However, a condition of Dahl's release on bond for the traffic accident case was a ban on consuming alcohol.

Additional charges may be forthcoming from a Nov. 11 highway patrol traffic stop west of Fort Pierre in which Dahl was cited for speeding and not wearing a seat belt. In that incident, highway patrol officers reported smelling marijuana. Dahl claimed he had been at a party where marijuana was being smoked.

Highway patrol officers informed Stanley County Sheriff's Deputies of this incident. When Dahl was arrested Nov. 13, deputies collected a urine sample from Dahl, which tested positive for THC, an active component of marijuana.

Dahl intends to get an alcohol evaluation, Dahl's court-appointed defense attorney for all charges except the horse-theft case, Bernie Duffy, said Monday.

Though the trailer Dahl was driving Nov. 13 had farm license plates, the criminal complaint alleges the vehicle is considered commercial because of the number of axles and its weight. Dahl does not have a commercial driver's license.

Dahl's attorney for the grand theft and inhumane treatment of animals charges, Rapid City lawyer Patrick Duffy, declined to comment.

Kind of reminds me of this morning- when I got a call from a Defense Attorney-- involving a search warrent I issued months ago involving a major drug case....The attorney kept asking questions on what, where, when, why I had been called in as the Acting Judge-- and I couldn't figure out where he was coming from.....
Until he told me he had just got assigned the case- and hadn't seen any of the paperwork yet or the application for the warrent--- which is when I told him he better look at it when he gets it-- because much of the info provided for the application had came thru info gained from the Judge... :shock:

The phone went silent- I could almost see his "gulp" as he said --OK now I understand...No more questions.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Judge OKs alcohol evaluation for Dahl
By Jeff Bunn
Capital Journal staff
Published/Last Modified on Tuesday, Nov 24, 2009 - 12:31:31 am CST

PIERRE — Judge Mark Smith denied Flint Dahl's bond request Monday in Stanley County but allowed the 22 year-old Fort Pierre man to go to alcohol evaluation Tuesday.

Dahl, charged with a number of misdemeanors — most notably inhumane treatment of an animal and a felony grand theft of the horse — and most recently commercial driving under the influence without a commercial driver license and ingesting marijuana, is set to be in court at 9 a.m. Dec. 8 for all criminal charges.

On July 5, Dahl allegedly stole a rodeo horse. The horse received serious injuries.
Advertisement

In an Aug. 28 incident, Dahl is charged with threatening law enforcement, obstruction and disorderly conduct in an altercation with a Stanley County Sheriff's Deputy. All three charges are misdemeanors.

In a Sept. 5 incident where a pickup driven by Dahl struck a utility pole, Dahl is charged with hit-and-run property damage, reckless driving and failure to report an accident

The most recent charges are from a Nov. 13 incident when a Stanley County Sheriff's Deputy pulled Dahl over while he was driving a semi-tractor trailer. A breathalyzer test reported a blood alcohol content of .077 percent, under South Dakota's legal limit of .08 percent. However, a condition of Dahl's release on bond for the traffic accident case was a ban on consuming alcohol.

When Dahl was arrested Nov. 13, he tested positive for THC, an active component of marijuana.

Though the trailer Dahl was driving Nov. 13 had farm license plates, the vehicle is considered commercial because of the number of axles and its weight. Dahl does not have a commercial driver's license.

Before Nov. 13, Dahl was out on $5,000 bond. He and Bernie Duffy, who is representing Dahl for the recent criminal charges, were seeking another $5,000 bond.

Smith is allowing Dahl's parents to take him to the alcohol evaluation and indicated he would be willing to allow similar releases for treatment.

Sure sounds like he isn't much good to himself or anyone else, and probably hasn't been for a while. Wonder how kids (granted, he should be past 'kid' shenanigans now!!) get themselves into such messes??? Hope justice is done, and ALL involved pay the price.

mrj

Latest posts