• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Do we import sausage from Russia?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
Kangaroos work well in Russian sausages

MOSCOW, Aug 03, 2005 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- Australia's best customer for its exported kangaroo meat is Russia, Novosti reported Wednesday.

The nation consumes a third of Australia's kangaroo meat exports, at a total expense of some $11 million last year.

Part of the reason that Russian sausage makers have turned to kangaroo meat is that it is not subject to quotas. The nation's pig and cattle populations are diminishing.

Most Russians who eat kangaroo sausage are not aware of its contents, the news organization said.

:???:

I hear that "Roo" is pretty good stuff, Rancher. Low Fat, High Protein. Got to be better than chicken. Let's order some!

rancher said:
Let's let Mikey try it first. :eek:

The way Cargill keeps building up Australian investments and our government keeps signing Free Trade Agreements to give jobs to the world and take our standard of living down to the rest of the world- we might soon think Roo sausege is quite the delicacy :wink: :cry: :cry:

Come on over & shoot your own boys there's no shortage of the bloody things they breed like rabbits thank goodness they don't dig burrows like them.

Tully 8)

Tully said:
Come on over & shoot your own boys there's no shortage of the bloody things they breed like rabbits thank goodness they don't dig burrows like them.

Tully 8)
Is the meat tough? :???:

Mike said:
I hear that "Roo" is pretty good stuff, Rancher. Low Fat, High Protein. Got to be better than chicken. Let's order some!
If it's low fatn and high in protein.....then it taste like chicken! Give me A medium rare steak any day! :)

Is the meat tough? Depends, it is totaly devoid of fat ,dark red .....i would probably compare it to venison so that may give you some idea on how to cook it..me personaly , I would prefer beef any day but the farm dogs in Australia would starve if it were not for A steady supply of fresh meat on the hop as it were.
Regards
Tully :wink:

Latest posts