• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Does the NCBA really represent the Cattle man?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Who does the NCBA really represent ?

• Beef industry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cattle industry

• Both

• Total voters
Sandhusker said:
SH, "To the original question, does the NCBA represent the cattleman?
Absolutely! Far more than the lying deceptive R-CULT! "

How do you explain the 11 points debacle then? Those boys in Texas sure didn't think NCBA was representing them.

Sandhusker, can you understand that there just may be a possibility that "the boys in TX" were in a snit and trying their best to embarrass NCBA to punish NCBA by taking what should have been their in-house complaint to the meeting in Denver?

I was in a forum where the directors answered any questions audience members asked yesterday. It certainly appeared that the 11 point directive and the stand on border opening was handled correctly according to the cattle producers in attendance. BTW, the vast majority of the crowd attending that forum were cow/calf/stocker producers. There were other forums at the same time, so it was only a part of the people attending. Registration is over 1,000, which is great for a mid-year meeting.

The 11th point may not be perfect yet, but technically, there is an agreement with both Japan and Korea. We are shipping hides and other product to all those nations, but some protocols to enable shipping the more expensive cuts are not yet in place. But trade is moving with those nations. And trade is moving with Mexico and many other nations.

MRJ

MRJ,

Perhaps you can answer a question for me regarding the 11 NCBA directives.

First let me say that I think NCBA has been beat up so many times UNJUSTIFIABLY by blatant lies that they are now overly defenseless when they make a legitimate mistake.

I wish I could have heard their arguments and perhaps you can share them with me but I can't agree with NCBA on 3 of their directives but I mainly have a problem with 1.

What arguments did NCBA use to support a directive stating that we should not open our borders to Canada until Japan and South Korea opened their borders to the U.S. when there is no way they could control what Japan and South Korea did? I think that directive was foolish but I want to hear their argument.

Personally, I think NCBA pulled an R-CALF here by throwing out something that many producers wanted to hear and now those same producers that wanted to hear that are criticizing them for their inability to carry it out.

George Bush could write a book on why it's best to stay the course and forget the ankle biters.

To my way of thinking, we needed to do the right thing, based on the facts of BSE, regardless of the political pressure from the isolationists or regardless what Japan and South Korea did. I realize there is a lot of political heat to take with that stand but I would have no problem defending that action and I have.

I think NCBA made a mistake but I don't dwell on it due to the many times they are correct.

Considering how many times R-CULT has been beat in a court of law, I don't know why NCBA would have any trouble admitting that the majority of their members signed on to a directive they could not possibly keep.

My confidence level in NCBA is already very high. Seeing them admit that they supported a directive they could not carry out would only add to that confidence.

In contrast, R-CULT is always wrong and never admits it. They even defend the totally indefensable (R-CULT members buying Canadian cattle, setting a double standard for the safety of Canadian beef, prohibiting "M"ID from "M"COOL).

BTW, I have absolutely no qualms with this Texas group being critical of those directives because they presented their arguments very well. Legitimate debate will only make NCBA stronger. I'd take that over the R-CULT pied pipers followed by a bunch of mice leaving a burning city any day of the year.

~SH~

SH, "... legitimate mistake." "I think NCBA made a mistake" "My confidence level in NCBA is already very high. Seeing them admit that they supported a directive they could not carry out would only add to that confidence."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Whooooooooooooeeee! R-CALF is "always wrong" and NCBA makes "legitimate mistakes". :lol: :lol: :lol:

So an outfit supporting directives they can not carry out gives you confidence in them? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Face it, SH, your "member driven" outfit was given a clear directive on what policy was to be and the leaders, in a very short time, completely ingored it and not only did they not carry it out, led the charge in the opposite way! That's the issue here, not whether or not you agree or what the reasons begind the directives were. The Texas cattlemen see it clearly, why can't you? Ooops, foolish question. You might want to plead the 5th on that one! :lol: :lol:

Sandman: "Face it, SH, your "member driven" outfit was given a clear directive on what policy was to be and the leaders, in a very short time, completely ingored it and not only did they not carry it out, led the charge in the opposite way!"

More bullsh*t from you.

NCBA has done everything they can to resume trade with Japan and South Korea they were just foolish to make that a prerequisite to the opening of the Canadian border.

I understand why you are having such a feeding frenzy with this considering all R-CULT's losses and all their lies. If NCBA makes a mistake, that diverts the attention away from R-CULT's complete stupidity in risking the integrity of 80% of our U.S. beef consumption to stop the importation of 5% of our U.S. beef consumption. I guess you are too much of a coward to admit how stupid that move was or too ignorant to realize it.

Also diverts attention away from R-CULT's 9th Circuit Court loss based on their beef safety double standard.

You've already proven you will follow your pied pipers and their lies.

Sandman: "The Texas cattlemen see it clearly, why can't you?"

If you want to check the archives you will see that I opposed the directives when I first read them.

Another one of your lame, blind dogs that won't hunt.

I said NCBA should not have agreed to a directive they could not carry out. I said they should have taken a stand to open the Canadian border based on the how we want our export markets to treat us and based on the true threat of BSE. What more can I say on that?

I realize a R-CULT clone like you cannot relate to independent thinking but I opposed 2 of the 11 directives immediately and still do.

~SH~

NCBA leadership could of and should of followed the member's directive. They didn't. They went the opposite way - on a dead run.

I think it's pretty funny that you have been fending off the labels such as "packer allies" and what not on the NCBA, telling us they're member-driven and such, and as soon as they get a clear-cut directive from their membership on a hot issue they turn 180 and side with the packers.

Sandman: "NCBA leadership could of and should of followed the member's directive. They didn't. They went the opposite way - on a dead run."

You're wrong! NCBA leadership should have never made a directive in the first place that they had no control over. They should have supported the opening of the border upon conditions that could be met.

Sandman: "I think it's pretty funny that you have been fending off the labels such as "packer allies" and what not on the NCBA, telling us they're member-driven and such, and as soon as they get a clear-cut directive from their membership on a hot issue they turn 180 and side with the packers."

I think it's pretty funny that you have been defending R-CULT's absolutely indefensible stances such as supporting prominent R-CULT members buying Canadian cattle, supporting R-CULT's "BSE fear mongering", supported them buddying up to anti beef consumer groups to further their cause, the double standard of safety between Canadian BSE and U.S. BSE, suggesting this is not about the Canadian producer, and all the other issues you blindly support R-CULT on because you are too much of a coward to stand on your own two feet the way I have.

R-CULT lies and contradicts themselves every day and you defend that.

Don't lecture me you hypocrite! All you want to do is divert attention away from R-CULT's lies and hypocrisy!

You got nothing on me here because I never supported NCBA on their 11 directives.

~SH~

SH, the topic is NCBA and their failure to follow their member's directives. R-CALF has nothing to do with the topic. Talk about diversion! :roll: :lol:

So there is no way NCBA could of followed those directives? :lol: Just absolutely no way they could do it, huh? :lol: :lol: How could those members be so foolish as to give their leadership an impossible task? :lol: :lol: Do you think those Texas boys thought there was no way NCBA leadership could follow the directive? :roll: :wink:

Sandhusker said:
SH, the topic is NCBA and their failure to follow their member's directives. R-CALF has nothing to do with the topic. Talk about diversion! :roll: :lol:

So there is no way NCBA could of followed those directives? :lol: Just absolutely no way they could do it, huh? :lol: :lol: How could those members be so foolish as to give their leadership an impossible task? :lol: :lol: Do you think those Texas boys thought there was no way NCBA leadership could follow the directive? :roll: :wink:

The issue is why do you still follow R-Calf when they have yet to win a court case. You failed to answer my repeated questions as to why they lost. You're always the one who demands an answer to mostly frivolous stuff. Well, now it is your turn to answer a valid and pertinent question. Why did they lose the border case?

If I was an R-Calf member I would not be concerned by what the NCBA is or is not doing but what my organization has failed to accomplish. Why does R-Calf continue to lose in court? How much money have they wasted on frivolous lawsuits and accomplished nothing but fear mongering. You might ask for a refund as that organization has seen its best day. You will soon find out how shallow their support really is.

They lost because the judge who said they won was overturned. I thought you were following this case?

Hey, they lost a battle - still an ongoing war. US cattleman need a voice - the 11 point directive is proof they're not getting it from the NCBA.

I can understand SH diverting away from an uncomfortable topic, why are you doing the same? Do you think the leadership of the NCBA honored their member's wishes in regards to the 11 point directive?

Sand: "I can understand SH diverting away from an uncomfortable topic, why are you doing the same?"

Oh yeh Sandman, this is soooooo uncomfortable for me. Sooooooo uncomfortable that I actually opposed the directives before anyone was even critical of those directives.

YUP, SHOR GOT ME THAR!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz!

Sand: "Look at the topic of this tread and read what it ways."

Some people have a way with words and some people.......NOT HAVE WAY?

~SH~

SH, "Oh yeh Sandman, this is soooooo uncomfortable for me. Sooooooo uncomfortable that I actually opposed the directives before anyone was even critical of those directives."

Like I said before (seems like I have to repeat myself a lot with you :? ), I wasn't commenting on whether or not you agreed with them. I was commenting on membership saying one thing and leadership doing the opposite.

Enough said on this topic.

Sandhusker said:
They lost because the judge who said they won was overturned. I thought you were following this case?

Hey, they lost a battle - still an ongoing war. US cattleman need a voice - the 11 point directive is proof they're not getting it from the NCBA.

I can understand SH diverting away from an uncomfortable topic, why are you doing the same? Do you think the leadership of the NCBA honored their member's wishes in regards to the 11 point directive?

What a classic diversion to blame it on the judges who overturned the initial verdict. Yes, I have followed the case; evidently more closely than you. R-Calf was wrong and so was the judge who believed all of the R-Calf lies and BS. You still have not admitted why it was overturned on each charge-all six of R-Laugh's bullet proof positions per their judge. You just can't admit you are riding a losing horse on a dead end path to nowhere.

A classic diversion? I'm the one diverting? This topic if this tread is concerning NCBA's representation of the cattleman and you want to talk about the rulings? If you want to talk about that, start a new thread. If you want to stay on topic, you can explain to me why the NCBA leadership chose to go against their member's directive. I take it that it's pretty uncomfortable for you, too

Latest posts