• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Don't Like a Law? Change It!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tex

Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/12/chamber-of-commerce-foreign-corrupt-practices-act_n_919617.html?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=081211&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

Tex

Tabloid sensationalism at it's finest. :lol:

No "Bill" introduced as legislation yet, but they know exactly what will be in it?

In other news, Huff Post is tanking fast and needs to gain viewership dramatically. Citizens against capitalism and business will swallow anything hook, line, sinker, and pole.

"Our proposals are aimed at preserving existing law enforcement tools so that the government can pursue the bad actors while ensuring that the good actors have clarity and more certainty under the law, which is clearly lacking today,"

I looked at the changes.. and quite frankly.. they make alot of sense..

in fact after reading the article I am more convinced the law is flawed.. and needs to be fixed.. and that the changes are needed.

Steve said:
"Our proposals are aimed at preserving existing law enforcement tools so that the government can pursue the bad actors while ensuring that the good actors have clarity and more certainty under the law, which is clearly lacking today,"

in fact after reading the article I am more convinced the law is flawed.. and needs to be fixed.. and that the changes are needed.

Instead of being enforced, this law is being used by law firms to extort those
"bad actors" who do bribe illegally.

I have think this law should be enforced and the bad actors should be held accountable. They are not.

Tex

Mike said:
Tabloid sensationalism at it's finest. :lol:

No "Bill" introduced as legislation yet, but they know exactly what will be in it?

In other news, Huff Post is tanking fast and needs to gain viewership dramatically. Citizens against capitalism and business will swallow anything hook, line, sinker, and pole.

So here you have an article where they actually post the Chamber of Commerce's position statements. Was there any posting of ACORN's position statement on registration fraud?

Here is a person who is posting where the problem really lies while Mike seemingly defends corporate bribery:

photo
knewsreply
45 Fans
13 minutes ago (11:58 AM)
I did internatio­nal business in over 60 countries for 35 years. I could have done business in a few more countries, but I believed in and held to the anti-bribe­ry stand of the USA, even though European competitor­s didn't. During these 35 years, I watched bribery expand from a country's leader to the smallest buyer in the chain. All Americans know the Billions of dollars that Mubarak and Qaddafi have in private bank accounts, while citizens live without basic life needs. The Chamber may disagree strongly with me, but they are presently representi­ng many manufactur­ing companies that have taken jobs from the USA to other countries. Rather than weaken our anti-bribe­ry stand, why doesn't the Chamber help US companies sell "Made in USA" products in and outside the USA?

Tex

Tex said:
Steve said:

Instead of being enforced, this law is being used by law firms to extort those
"bad actors" who do bribe illegally.

I have think this law should be enforced and the bad actors should be held accountable. They are not.

Tex

if the law is properly written, the fed could go after the "real" bad actors..
and all the money spent on lawyers would do them no good..

the way it is written only those who can't afford high priced lawyers would get punished..

[quote+"Tex"]So here you have an article where they actually post the Chamber of Commerce's position statements.[/quote]

you read them.. so what is wrong with the proposed changes?

Latest posts