• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Don't stand a chance

Help Support Ranchers.net:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Had a strange thing happen the other day. The wife and I were at the local community college signing up for some CEU's when I asked about teaching opportunities. I wrote down a few notes about what subject I would be willing to teach and gave it to the registrar assistant. The next morning I got a phone call. The college seemed to be very excited about my proposal but needed a little more detail within the next hour. Seems they were getting ready to have the fall catalogs printed and needed something to put in about the new course. I spent about 20 minutes putting a short syllabus together along with a list of course related equipment and sent it off to the college. About two hours later I got a call. They asked me if I intended to actually teach, hands on, a course with real, live soldering irons and solder in a lab environment. I said I don't know any other way of doing it. I could not believe their response. They said it would be a huge liability risk to give students a hot soldering iron and expose them to solder fumes. Really? Please read the syllabus. Item just before putting irons in their hands was an outline on safety. Third item on equipment list was solder fume extraction equipment. The lawyers have won, my friends.

Latest posts