• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Double minded man is unstable in all his ways

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
Oldtimer said:
Lot of local farmer/ranchers are looking at the $2 gas/fuel costs for hauling their cattle out- along with doing their seeding and farming-- and smiling-compared to GW's Oil Cartel buddies energy plan of last year and the $4-$5 fuel that ate up all potential profits-- and would sure like to see a real plan- with some consistency- and not being on the total teat of these foreign and domestic cartels....

Oldtimer said:
Mort said:
I had off road diesel delivered today, 3.11/gal, he said it will be four dollars by thanksgiving and five will not be far behind. :mad:

Yep-- which raises the cost of everything I buy that has to be trucked in- which is almost everything-- and lowers the price of all produce (cattle/wheat) I have to have trucked out :( And our government keeps telling us that we have no inflation (2% according to them) and the economy is doing great.... :( :mad: :mad:

Oldtimer said:
"But," we think the majority of important BIS member banks may say, "Looking at the Pre-Clinton calculation of your CPI, we see your inflation rate at some 6 percent rather than the 2.3 percent that your Post-Clinton CPI calculations indicates. By holding your Fed rate at a falsely low rate, you are firing highly-leveraged speculation with falsely cheap credit, to say nothing of your fast expanding money supply!

Right there says it all-- for the last 5-6 years we have been lied to about actual inflation-- by the administration developing a new way of calculating it :roll: Looks good for politics for a couple years- but when it catches up with us it will bite us in the butt good...

You tell me- look at your costs and tell me that inflation is 2.3% -- Look at the change in oil and gas prices, fertilizer, land, food, clothing, meals at a restaurant, vehicles and equipment, etc. etc.-- then tell me that the boys in D.C. haven't been juggling the figures to deceive folks....

Oldtimer nonothing discussion:

nonothing wrote:
Well the way I see it is if Obama is as bad as you people here say he is.then no matter what the outcome..its gonna suck bad...

so I have some questions that I struggle with so I figured o move off the election talk a tad and ask a few questions.and see what comes of them.......

1) Is there really a definite answer to Abortion?

The decision should be left to be made by the Doctor, the woman, and their God...Government should have little or no involvement- especially the Federal government....

2) Should religon in politics be a important ingrediant to lead.

No

3) How can illegal imigration be stopped?

Definitely need increased border and port security if for no other reason than terrorist and smugler interdiction...The illegal invader problem could be handled with much stiffer penalties (mandatory jail time) for any one hiring illegals and tougher enforcement....

4) Will the middle east ever be at peace?

Nope- and there have been lots of Kings before King George that tried- but you don't end 1000 years of fighting in one generation.

5) Will northamerican stores keep buying goods from China

Yes- but possibly not to the extent because I see Congress legislating some much stiffer quality and safety requirements for imported goods- including and specifically aimed at China...

6) Does the price of gas matter at this point?

Yep- until we can get the price of gas under control- we won't have a chance at getting the economy turned around..Especially if some of these rural states start taking a rear kicking because of the lower price of calves this fall- part of which is now influenced by transportation costs....

But old redrobin- the thing you forget was back 4-5 years ago when we had gas prices higher than today- we weren't selling calves (even calves still unborn) for anywhere close to $1200+ like today--cull cows for $1250+ and cull bulls for $2000+ to make up the difference.... Wheat prices the other day were around $9 a bushel :)

Sure everyone would like the lowest input prices (which includes oil products) but at least now we are getting a fair/decent price for the commodities/products we are producing/selling which makes the high fuel prices a little easier to take....

And I feel the same about every one of those issues as I did before- but we will never even come close to getting a stable gas price until we get a long term energy plan thru Congress lining out a direction for industry to go over the next 100 years-- which with the dysfunctional Congress we now have we have not been able to do nor do I believe will be able to do.....

Oldtimer said:
But old redrobin- the thing you forget was back 4-5 years ago when we had gas prices higher than today- we weren't selling calves (even calves still unborn) for anywhere close to $1200+ like today--cull cows for $1250+ and cull bulls for $2000+ to make up the difference.... Wheat prices the other day were around $9 a bushel :)

Sure everyone would like the lowest input prices (which includes oil products) but at least now we are getting a fair/decent price for the commodities/products we are producing/selling which makes the high fuel prices a little easier to take....

And I feel the same about every one of those issues as I did before- but we will never even come close to getting a stable gas price until we get a long term energy plan thru Congress lining out a direction for industry to go over the next 100 years-- which with the dysfunctional Congress we now have we have not been able to do nor do I believe will be able to do.....

Look at the change in oil and gas prices, fertilizer, land, food, clothing, meals at a restaurant, vehicles and equipment, etc. etc.-- then tell me that the boys in D.C. haven't been juggling the figures to deceive folks....

I cannot figure out why OT gives Obama the credit for the high
cattle prices. What the heck did Obama have to do with it; would
someone explain that to me?

The deline in cattle numbers began a long time ago and the exporting
of our beef has been in the works for many, many years. Way before
Obama...so if Obama gets the credit, why wouldn't Bush~since
these are the two major things that have led to the high price of cattle.

Faster horses said:

simple answer is inflation

Fed Chairman Bernanke said,

Inflation has remained high, largely reflecting sharp increases in the prices of globally traded commodities.[1]

and this was to be expected and was, when all the borrowing and spending started.

Feb 03, 2009
Few people attending the World Economic Forum question the need to revive America's economy, the world's largest, with a package that could reach $1 trillion over two years. But the long-term fallout from increased borrowing by the U.S. government, and its potential to drive up inflation and interest rates around the world, seems to be getting more attention here than in Washington.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337292#337292

and that's also why some of us suggested in investing in gold and oil

Mar 09, 2009
hypocritexposer said:
the stimulus has generated how much "confidence" from Wall Street?

Buy Gold, and Oil, that's my confidence in the stimulus!

Faster horses said:

Haven't you heard Oldtimer gives him credit because Obama is occupying Air Force One. I would say he is occupying the Oval Office or White House but how can you say that when HE IS NEVER THERE. :roll:

Latest posts