• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dow Down!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bullhauler

Reaction score
Big losses for the last three days. Who knew that electing one Republican senator from Massachusetts would have such devastating consequences.

Bullhauler said:
Big losses for the last three days. Who knew that electing one Republican senator from Massachusetts would have such devastating consequences.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullhauler said:

I think if you cared to look back and see what Obama announced a couple days ago, You'll see that had more to do with the DOW. :roll:

Big-bank stocks lead indexes down after announcement of Obama plan
By Renae Merle - Washington Post 01/21/10 at 7:41 pm

U.S. stocks tumbled Thursday amid concerns that a White House plan to restrict the growth of the nation's largest banks could hurt their profits, sending Wall Street to its biggest one-day loss in three months.

Nearly every stock on the Dow Jones industrial average fell, but banking stocks took the biggest hits. Shares of Bank of America and J.P. Morgan Chase fell more than 6 percent, while Goldman Sachs's stock fell 4 percent even after reporting a more than $13 billion profit for 2009.

Do us all a favor tell Obama to SHUT UP :wink:

Faster horses said:
You have to be kidding. That had nothing to do with it.
Geez. :shock:

Why because your hero the drama queen Glenn Beck didn't tell you ??? It seems quite a few on here blamed every problem under the sun on the Democrats winning back the majjority in 2006.

Tam said:
Bullhauler said:

I think if you cared to look back and see what Obama announced a couple days ago, You'll see that had more to do with the DOW. :roll:

U.S. stocks tumbled Thursday amid concerns that a White House plan to restrict the growth of the nation's largest banks could hurt their profits, sending Wall Street to its biggest one-day loss in three months.

Nearly every stock on the Dow Jones industrial average fell, but banking stocks took the biggest hits. Shares of Bank of America and J.P. Morgan Chase fell more than 6 percent, while Goldman Sachs's stock fell 4 percent even after reporting a more than $13 billion profit for 2009.

So says the woman who actually believed the reason Caribou Barbie gave for quitting being governor of Alaska.

Obama's going after the banks started the slide, the fact that 43 states unemployment levels went up and we are already over 10% didn't help niether. Don't let any facts get in the way of your rant though. :roll:

The only thing that is happening to the stock market is the hedge funds and the big banks are going to try and show President Obama that we are not someone that you need to screw with. The big banks and hedge funds are the ones that make the market, they can make it and they can break it. If they get their way it want matter wheather we are Democrat or Republican. We will all be screwed the same. Look back through history and you will find the big banks and investment houses were involved in the Revoluation war and the civil war. The supreme court ruling on policital money and freedom of speech is going to show that speech is not free it will cost you.

Bullhauler said:
Tam said:
Bullhauler said:

So says the woman who actually believed the reason Caribou Barbie gave for quitting being governor of Alaska.

This coming from the guy that believes Obama was going to be TRANSPARENT. Hows that working out for you Bull? :wink:

Bullhauler said:

Actually, the issue is Maobama wanting to tax banks more. All that man has to do is open his mouth and we all lose money. What a gift.

It doesn't help that 77% of investor feel obama is anti-business.

Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors
Heidi Przybyla Heidi Przybyla

Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

The poll also finds a decline in Obama's overall favorability rating one year after taking office. He is viewed favorably by 27 percent of U.S. investors. In an October poll, 32 percent in the U.S. held a positive impression.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...g/a8uii1bcrdmy

The only thing that is happening to the stock market is the hedge funds and the big banks are going to try and show President Obama that we are not someone that you need to screw with

BANK STOCKS tell the story:

-- Goldman Sachs down 5 percent
-- JPMorgan Chase down 6 percent
-- Morgan Stanley down 8 percent
-- Bank of American down 5 percent
-- Citigroup down 4 percent

Top donors to Obama's campaign

University of California $1,591,395
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,747
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $590,084
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $551,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $528,822
Columbia University $528,302
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
US Government $494,820
Latham & Watkins $493,835

If they wanted to send Obama a message that he can't mess with them they didn't need to take a hit to their stock value. They could have hit alot closer to home to send that message. :wink:

Tam said:
The only thing that is happening to the stock market is the hedge funds and the big banks are going to try and show President Obama that we are not someone that you need to screw with

Goldman Sachs $994,795
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
Time Warner $590,084
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
IBM Corp $528,822
Morgan Stanley $514,881
US Government $494,820

If they wanted to send Obama a message that he can't mess with them they didn't need to take a hit to their stock value. They could have hit alot closer to home to send that message. :wink:

How much do you have in the market, did you lose big time today.

hurleyjd said:
Tam said:

Goldman Sachs $994,795
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
Time Warner $590,084
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
IBM Corp $528,822
Morgan Stanley $514,881
US Government $494,820

Let's just say I've lost in the markets and I try not to look at my investments everytime he opens his mouth. I just hope by the time I have to look, that they have rebounded enough that I don't want to toss the computer out a window. :wink:

Tam said:
hurleyjd said:
Tam said:

Let's just say I've lost in the markets and I try not to look at my investments everytime he opens his mouth. I just hope by the time I have to look, that they have rebounded enough that I don't want to toss the computer out a window. :wink:

Go Girl Go!!!!! I have been investing in PWE what do you think of it.

hurleyjd said:
Tam said:
hurleyjd said:

Professional Wrestling Extreme, :? what ever turns your crank there hurley. :wink:

Tam said:
hurleyjd said:
Tam said:

Professional Wrestling Extreme, :? what ever turns your crank there hurley. :wink:

Penn West Enegry trust based in Canada. Paying around %10 dividend.

Latest posts