• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dr. Taylor on captive supply

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jason said:
So because Buffet has to declare his intentions about buying ands selling stocks, Tyson has to declare their intentions.

Sheesh I always though even R-calfers could understand the intent of owning a packing company is to buy animals, process them and sell the product.

Let's have a law that says Tyson intends to buy cattle and sell beef and by-products. They also intend to buy chickens and sell chicken and by-products. Pigs will be bought and turned into pork and by-products.

Guess Sandhusker just solved all the industry woes with that one.

Jason, I know you're not that foolish - you're using a SH trick of dummying up. You know that I'm not advocating making Tyson declare - I'm simply pointing out that markets with a heck of a lot more trust and repute do address the inherent powers of the heavy hitters.

Jason said:
So because Buffet has to declare his intentions about buying ands selling stocks, Tyson has to declare their intentions.

Sheesh I always though even R-calfers could understand the intent of owning a packing company is to buy animals, process them and sell the product.

Let's have a law that says Tyson intends to buy cattle and sell beef and by-products. They also intend to buy chickens and sell chicken and by-products. Pigs will be bought and turned into pork and by-products.

Guess Sandhusker just solved all the industry woes with that one.

No, Jason, you missed the point. The packer have their own rules that apply to their industry. It is outlined in the PSA. The intentions to buy cattle are not the point, the rules to follow are outlined in Section 202 of the PSA.

I hope you get your operation turned around (no, I really hope rkaiser sells all his bulls in your area).

Sandbag: "We have morons saying it is no business of anybody else what their cattle sell for and there should be no restrictions of any kind on the cattle marketplace. Yet, those who are subject to the restrictions on the NYSE support them. I can't believe the willfull and vocal ignorance being displayed...."

We have complete Flippin' idiots who don't even sell fat cattle thinking they need another government mandate to save the feeding industry from their fat cattle pricing mechanisms based on some phony market manipulation conspiracy theory THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN PROVE.

There is absolutely no justification for this stupid law and it will be shot down in flames.

I can't believe the absolute arrogance and stupidity of those who think they know more about marketing fat cattle than those who actually market fat cattle.

"PLEASE GOVAHMENT, SAVE THE POOR LITTLE FEEDER FROM HIMSELF, HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE MARKET MANIPULATION THAT WE CANNOT PROVE BY SELLING HIS CATTLE ON A NON NEGOTIATED FORMULA BASE PRICE."

^%@*!@^%&*!@ IDIOTS!!!!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag: "We have morons saying it is no business of anybody else what their cattle sell for and there should be no restrictions of any kind on the cattle marketplace. Yet, those who are subject to the restrictions on the NYSE support them. I can't believe the willfull and vocal ignorance being displayed...."

We have complete Flippin' idiots who don't even sell fat cattle thinking they need another government mandate to save the feeding industry from their fat cattle pricing mechanisms based on some phony market manipulation conspiracy theory THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN PROVE.

There is absolutely no justification for this stupid law and it will be shot down in flames.

I can't believe the absolute arrogance and stupidity of those who think they know more about marketing fat cattle than those who actually market fat cattle.

"PLEASE GOVAHMENT, SAVE THE POOR LITTLE FEEDER FROM HIMSELF, HE DOESN'T KNOW THAT HE IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE MARKET MANIPULATION THAT WE CANNOT PROVE BY SELLING HIS CATTLE ON A NON NEGOTIATED FORMULA BASE PRICE."

^%@*!@^%&*!@ IDIOTS!!!!

~SH~

The packer backers in the USDA already tried to get rid of the law, SH. They were not successful. Then on to the courts. A little more success there. You have no shame.

Huge difference in buying stocks from buying cattle to slaughter.

Buying stocks you are buying a piece of a company. With that ownership, you can be liable for the operations of said company.

Buy cattle to slaughter it is a one time purchase. Those cattle kill and the deal is done. No ownership in the feedlot or cow/calf operation from buying a fat steer.

Funny how conman still bows to Randy. I proved his 80% number of what Tyson/Cargill kills in Canada was overblown so he switches to 85% and conman keeps on bowing. My customers prefer a real Angus bull, not a hairy imitation. I sold out of bulls last spring, I have less to sell this year and expect to sell out sooner. But conman wouldn't know what a bull is used for.

Conman: "The packer backers in the USDA already tried to get rid of the law, SH. They were not successful."

The Communist Captive Supply Reform Act will not become law, write it down.

The cattle feeders are not going to accept cattle pricing mechanisms being dictated to them by packer blamers outside their industry based on market manipulation conspiracy theories that cannot be proven.

There is no justification for this law.

Sandbag: "There's a lot of bull being used around here!"

Every time you post!

Sandbag (paraphrasing): "Your choice, R-CALF or the same road we have been on"?

Highest cattle prices on record or lowering those prices due to ignorance on packer efficiencies and the value of our export markets.

SOME CHOICE!

~SH~

Jason said:
Huge difference in buying stocks from buying cattle to slaughter.

Buying stocks you are buying a piece of a company. With that ownership, you can be liable for the operations of said company.

Buy cattle to slaughter it is a one time purchase. Those cattle kill and the deal is done. No ownership in the feedlot or cow/calf operation from buying a fat steer.

Funny how conman still bows to Randy. I proved his 80% number of what Tyson/Cargill kills in Canada was overblown so he switches to 85% and conman keeps on bowing. My customers prefer a real Angus bull, not a hairy imitation. I sold out of bulls last spring, I have less to sell this year and expect to sell out sooner. But conman wouldn't know what a bull is used for.

Jason on the down low, the similarities have to do with market manipulation and economics. Two subjects you are very short on. Too many "hundred dollar words".

I have never stated a market concentration number. I have just said it is too high in the U.S., but more so for Canada. You posted nothing but garble. You believe that companies are "stand alone" even though they may be controlled completely by another company.

I have never met Randy, nor you. From what has been posted on this forum, I would trust him much more than I would trust you.

Maybe it is because I think there is a real man behind his postings instead of a brown noser like you.

Conman, you trust Randy because he sings the same thumbsucking anti corporate packer blaming song that you do. Both of you are long on rhetoric and short on facts. You can relate to eachother.

Jason is far too intelligent for either of you to understand.

When you can bring factual information to the table to contradict anything Jason has stated, you will be taken seriously. Until then you will be seen as the complete phony you are.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman, you trust Randy because he sings the same thumbsucking anti corporate packer blaming song that you do. Both of you are long on rhetoric and short on facts. You can relate to eachother.

Jason is far too intelligent for either of you to understand.

When you can bring factual information to the table to contradict anything Jason has stated, you will be taken seriously. Until then you will be seen as the complete phony you are.

~SH~

SH, you have already posted an interest in Jason and what is on his arse. You have posted that rkaiser might appeal to Elton John.

Jason and you might be able to understand each other on a level I never will or want to. I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence.

conman seems to have a fascination to the homosexual lifestyle. I have no idea what that has to do with the beef industry.

The 80% number was Randy's and conman keeps agreeing. I proved that Tyson/Cargill does not kill 80% of the cattle in Canada and Randy has switched to 85% (wrong direction) and conman keeps thinking Randy is right.

If anyone can prove that Tyson/Cargill kill 80% of the cattle in Canada I'd like to see the numbers. They kill 70% of the cattle IN ALBERTA. Although Alberta is a major part of the Canadian beef industry we are not the only part.

Jason said:
conman seems to have a fascination to the homosexual lifestyle. I have no idea what that has to do with the beef industry.

2. The 80% number was Randy's and conman keeps agreeing. I proved that Tyson/Cargill does not kill 80% of the cattle in Canada and Randy has switched to 85% (wrong direction) and conman keeps thinking Randy is right.

3. If anyone can prove that Tyson/Cargill kill 80% of the cattle in Canada I'd like to see the numbers. They kill 70% of the cattle IN ALBERTA. Although Alberta is a major part of the Canadian beef industry we are not the only part.

1. Stop calling names and I will also. I'll stop when you do.

2. I never made a comment on the exact number. It could change. It is more than the U.S. I have told you before that you do not have the powers to see what I think. You can't even understand what I write.

3. I will leave that argument to someone who wants to argue it with you. I personally don't think the exact number is that important. It is just something to argue over.

Conman: "I have told you before that you do not have the powers to see what I think."

The man has a point Jason. You can't possibly know what he thinks because he doesn't, obviously. LOL!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "I have told you before that you do not have the powers to see what I think."

The man has a point Jason. You can't possibly know what he thinks because he doesn't, obviously. LOL!

~SH~

Are you asking me to join hands with you on your trip down the yellow brick road, SH?

Conman: "Are you asking me to join hands with you on your trip down the yellow brick road, SH?"

I can only imagine what you'd be like in person.

Me, I have zero tolerance for liars and phonies. That's why you and I would never get along.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "Are you asking me to join hands with you on your trip down the yellow brick road, SH?"

I can only imagine what you'd be like in person.

Me, I have zero tolerance for liars and phonies. That's why you and I would never get along.

~SH~

Then you better avoid the mirror.

Latest posts