• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

drought stressed corn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny said:
Sure is a big differance in growing conditions we just finished spraying our corn today. Knee high or a touch over right on track.

You must have got that in awful late- silage corn???

ours was over our heads and near tosseling on the 4th. Looks like an incredible crop this year for corn, kidney beans, and soybeans. The wheat around here all got some rare root rot this year but will still be decent.

Has been years since our corn was only knee high on the 4th- probably before i was born. But our fields are pretty sandy- usually no delays planting- so sandy it wouldn't be worth planting without the irrigators.

Chopped a lot of corn yesterday from knee to shoulder high. I think it leaves the pit faster than it comes in....

farmerD44 said:
Denny said:
Sure is a big differance in growing conditions we just finished spraying our corn today. Knee high or a touch over right on track.

You must have got that in awful late- silage corn???

ours was over our heads and near tosseling on the 4th. Looks like an incredible crop this year for corn, kidney beans, and soybeans. The wheat around here all got some rare root rot this year but will still be decent.

Has been years since our corn was only knee high on the 4th- probably before i was born. But our fields are pretty sandy- usually no delays planting- so sandy it wouldn't be worth planting without the irrigators.

Selling bulls calveing cows getting them on grass and AI'ing all take front seat to Farming.Rain and mud held us back about two weeks also.I leased out some of our ground to a Real corn farmer it is shoulder high now planted May 6th our ground is heavy clay and stays pretty cold. I bet my June 1st planted corn will out produce the May 6th planted on my land.

Latest posts