• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dry Run

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
Just got back from participating in the renewal of wedding vows that my niece and her husband had tonight. My niece is my brother in law's only daughter, from the Philippines. In November 2010 my wife and some local talent who had been corresponding with our niece flew across the pond, stayed for a month, and he and the girl got married. It took just over 11 months for all the paperwork to be filed, approved, and for her to complete her final interview to get her visa to come to the US, but she got over here in time for Thanksgiving of 2011.

Since the local boy had no family to attend his wedding (like me, over 20 years ago) they had a renewing of the vows tonight for all his family and friends to attend and enjoy. Kinda neat to see my 2 daughters standing up there with her as bridesmaids, and I got to give the bride away! During rehearsal, Ana was shaking like a leaf, but when it was for reals and trues, she was steady as a rock. She had to be, as I was the one doing all the shaking after seeing my girls up there in those dresses and then seeing Ana in that beautiful dress she had made for her in RP. I must admit, I had to work really hard to keep my voice from cracking when the preacher asked "Who gives this woman away?" and I answered "Her family and I do". Pretty emotional moment for me, so I reckon it won't be any better when my girls need their old Dad to get them down the aisle in the future. Thankfully, I'll only have to do it twice. Then, when it's time, I can truthfully say that it's deja vu all over again!

I know what you mean about the daughter thing... my youngest thinks she wants to be a dress designer....she uses my wife and older daughter as manequins . I walked in one time to find he making a wedding dress and my older daughter was the manequin......my heart stopped. I got on ebay and ordered a dress dummy for her!

when it is not in use by her, the boys place it around the house with a mask on it, so when I get up in the middle of the night it scares the crap out of me....

Latest posts