• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dry Stalk Sudan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

4Diamond said:
90% of the Sudan in this part of the world gets put up as baleage. I don't know with the humidity if it would ever dry down enough to bale and keep right as dry hay.

Same here.

We planted corn again I'm pretty good at it so that's all I plant unless I'm seeding down hayfields. Was out in a field today and its a good 12' tall gonna make a lot of feed. Population was 32,000 plants per acre.

LazyWP said:
Any of you guys try Teff? There are a few guys planting it around here. Really good, fine stemmed hay, and around here they can get 2 cuttings. I would say you guys in Kansas should be able to get 3 or 4 off of it.

Do horses like it? I baled some small oat bales and it got really to tall for the variety this year. The lower stem they will pick through and leave so people tell me. They pick through pretty bad for some that spoil there horses or feed them to much imo.

Horses love it. My exotics LOVE it. Teff bales are all the protein I have fed for my fat calves.

Latest posts