• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Duke Case

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
December 19, 2006
Duke Case: The Worst Worsens
By Thomas Sowell

In his book "The Great Crash 1929," John Kenneth Galbraith said: "The worst continued to worsen." The same can be said of the Duke University "rape" case and District Attorney Michael Nifong.

After all this time, it finally came out in court last week that the DNA samples collected from the underwear and private parts of the alleged victim contained DNA from other men -- but none from the Duke lacrosse players who were accused of raping her.

The head of the DNA testing laboratory testified in court under oath that both he and Nifong knew this and kept it secret.

You think that is incredible? How about a statement made afterwards by District Attorney Nifong that he didn't say anything about this publicly because he was "trying to avoid dragging any names through the mud"?

He certainly did not avoid dragging the names of the Duke lacrosse players through the mud. He not only denounced them, they were paraded in handcuffs in front of the national media. Their pictures were on every television news program across the country.

If these young men get completely exonerated, this episode will still follow them the rest of their lives. Yet they have not been convicted of anything and have not even gone to trial -- which is scheduled for next spring, if it ever takes place.

Indeed, they have not even been interviewed by the police or by the District Attorney who issued denunciations of these white lacrosse players when he was running for office and making a play for the black vote.

Nor has the District Attorney interviewed the woman who claimed to have been raped. In a "he said, she said" situation, anyone interested in the credibility of the two sides would at least have tried to find out what specifically they claimed.

But that is only if you care about the truth, rather than the politics of the situation. Politically, the District Attorney had a black woman who claimed that white men had raped her. That's all he needed to get elected.

Nifong has shown from day one what he was interested in. Showing the "rape" victim only photographs of white Duke lacrosse players was a violation of the basic principles of a lineup.

People who are known to be innocent are included in lineups just to test the credibility of whoever is identifying those picked out as guilty.

If you pick out somebody who was known to be overseas at the time, there goes your credibility. But District Attorney Nifong was not about to risk having the accuser's credibility tested, and certainly not before his election.

All the evidence that has come out has pointed the other way. One of the alleged rapists has a paper trail that shows he wasn't even there when he was supposed to be raping the "exotic dancer."

A black cab driver says he was with him, going to a bank's ATM to get some money -- and bank records show him there at the time when he was supposed to be committing rape.

When confronted with the fact that DNA tests failed to show that any of the Duke lacrosse players' DNA was present on the "exotic dancer," Nifong said that they could have used condoms.

Every part of your body has DNA that is left wherever you have had bodily contact. When you shake someone's hand, you leave your DNA. Each Duke student would have to have had a giant condom covering his whole body to avoid leaving DNA on someone he raped.

Far more is involved in this case than the misdeeds of one District Attorney. There is a segment of the black community -- a small segment, we can hope -- that figures it is payback time for all the black men who have been railroaded to jail on trumped-up charges involving the rape of white women.

The local branch of the NAACP, an organization which fought against such injustices in times past, has thrown its weight behind those who are trying to railroad three white students, who were not even born when these other injustices occurred.

Winston Churchill once said, "If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Nowhere is that more true than when dealing with the explosive mixture of race and politics.

Nifong deserves to be removed from office and disbarred. If he gets away with all this, it will be a blank check for every prosecutor in the country to abuse the powers of the office.

Copyright 2006 Creators Syndicate

If this type of "Reverse Racism" had been accurately predicted during the 1960's when integration was pushed down our throat, I think we would have had another Civil War on our hands in the USA.

From what I have read on this case, Nifong is at best a lowlife slug who along with Jesse and friends are exploiting the threshold of racial acceptance for personal gain and notoriety.

Like Abraham Lincoln once said, whites and blacks cannot live under the same government in total harmony (paraphrasing).

One will always take advantage of the other.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the White and Black races--that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with White people, and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the White and Black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the White race. . . I give. . . the most solemn pledge that I will to the very last, stand by the law of the State, which forbids the marrying of white people with negroes." - Abraham Lincoln (Fourth Debate with Stephen Douglas at Charleston, Illinois on September 18, 1858, Vol. III, p. 145-146 of The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln).

take the attorney to a big prison. strip him down, and turn him in there with a bunch of those guys.....a few hours later, take him out and ask him if he now knows what a rape victim is........
do not ask him to sit down, his ass will be too sore.

they have DNA from someone who did have sex with the girl,

but don't have DNA from the accussed....

hmmm I see a slight flaw in thier case.

yet in three attempts to type a response,... all my responses sounded as if they came from a racist.......

guess thats why few really are speaking out against this injustice....

Steve said:
they have DNA from someone who did have sex with the girl,

but don't have DNA from the accussed....

hmmm I see a slight flaw in thier case.

yet in three attempts to type a response,... all my responses sounded as if they came from a racist.......

guess thats why few really are speaking out against this injustice....

Steve, That's the problem with our current state of mind. It's OK to be a racist if you're on the other side of the story, but not on the white side.

There is NO ONE who is not racist to a certain degree and those who say they aren't are lying! That includes everyone regardless of race.

Ultimately you have to go where the evidence leads. You also have to make sure the evidence is true. This is the reason most prosecutors do not give comment. They let the evidence comment for them as they are supposed to.

Econ 101:
Ultimately you have to go where the evidence leads.

while I know little of the evidance in this case.....it seems to me they should "still" be trying to find out "who" the actual DNA belongs to.

finding out that might shed a little truth into this "emotional" case...

Mike:
There is NO ONE who is not racist to a certain degree and those who say they aren't are lying!

some people get under my skin abit....but for every "male donkey"....there is some one that steps beyond the Stereotype and proves me wrong....

as for stereotypes:
"American journalist Walter Lippmann coined the metaphor, calling a stereotype a "picture in our heads" saying "Whether right or wrong, ...imagination is shaped by the pictures seen... Consequently, they lead to stereotypes that are hard to shake."

I read this about prejudice:
Some argue that all racial based views stem from a lack of sufficient life experience; this, however, provokes the question of how much life experience is required before a point of view is no longer regarded as prejudiced. If no amount of experience entitles a person to a viewpoint - if every (view) is biased - then there can be no objectivity.

Case Dropped.

Nifong should go to jail, pay back all expenses incurred by those involved, and be denied the ability to be a lawyer in any capacity if, and when, he gets out.

Reverse racism at it's finest.

Mike said:
Case Dropped.

Nifong should go to jail, pay back all expenses incurred by those involved, and be denied the ability to be a lawyer in any capacity if, and when, he gets out.

Reverse racism at it's finest.

ahhh, if justice were only just.

Rape dismissed, not kidnapping and Sexual assualt. They will get thrown out too and he probably will be investigated by the state bar and might loose his liscence if things are what they appear to be (Politically motivated racially motivated prosecution). Those boys will probably think long and hard about a civil case but the problem is they might not want what happened that night to be dragged out in the open more and might just choose to let it disappear. Within 2 weeks of the beginning of this you knew the case was flawed... Something was definitly rotten in denmark.

Latest posts