• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ear Tags

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flyingS said:
Most of this area calves in March. Our climate is much more moderate than some of you that live to the north. With adequate protection I would say there are very few days that a person has to worry about ear loss from tagging. I know that when you let those calves get several days old tagging becomes work, especially if you do not rope well and your cows pick there calves up and leave. Hope everyone is having a good spring, as Soap posted we have a chance of moisture, no matter how it comes it will be welcome. Screw your lid on tight Soap, maybe we will get an April dozzy. The good part is they usually don't last too long.

We were planning to brand again tomorrow, but with a possible blizzard (in my book, six inches of snow and 30-35 mph winds constitutes a blizzard :wink: ), we have decided to wait until later next week to subject the calves to any extra stress. Any moisture will be very welcome. :)

Latest posts