• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eat More Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
It's good for you and drives the libs, greenies, and Flounders nuts......think of it as sauce on the steak.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/eat-less-red-meat-scientists-said-now-some-believe-that-was-bad-advice/

Interesting on how they always talk of degradation of the environment by cattle grazing but those grazing lands produce every year, and are home to most species at risk. What is degraded more grazed pasture or intensely farmed fields to produce grain to feed pigs, chicken and people?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Interesting on how they always talk of degradation of the environment by cattle grazing but those grazing lands produce every year, and are home to most species at risk. What is degraded more grazed pasture or intensely farmed fields to produce grain to feed pigs, chicken and people?

Or horse ghettos. I see plenty of those.

Correctly managed high density grazing regenerates pasture which has been poorly managed or had the grazing animals - wild or domestic - removed to "rest" the land. Zero till with a good mixture of forage crops as cover crops, properly managed, will rebuild exhausted soils. Getting this message through to those who are distanced from their food production is the next challenge the soil4climate charity is working to share this information with the public.

The greenies never think of that. They are deaf, dumb and blind.

He did post on this thread. Did you miss it?
Yes, Traveler, come back!!
No, I saw his posts, but they were more than a year ago and I don't remember seeing any activity from him lately. His posts were always thoughtful and informative, and his political observations were always spot-on, as well. Maybe he'll drift through here again one of these days.

No, I saw his posts, but they were more than a year ago and I don't remember seeing any activity from him lately. His posts were always thoughtful and informative, and his political observations were always spot-on, as well. Maybe he'll drift through here again one of these days.
Darn! I thought he posted just lately. Missed the 2019 date.

Latest posts